TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Twelve Minutes Discussion - Spoilers

• Information
    Posted on 01 January 22 at 00:00
    Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to speak freely about Twelve Minutes and assume anything goes in here.
  • ASUnknown1ASUnknown1324,951
    Posted on 01 January 22 at 10:24, Edited on 01 January 22 at 10:27 by ASUnknown1
    This is my first TA Playlist where I've already completed the game, so all I can do is comment for the badge :( I wasn't a big fan of this one personally; as intriguing of a concept as it is, it didn't make for something I particularly enjoyed playing. Obviously the repetition is the whole point of the game, and I will always give games that are trying something different a chance, but it sadly crossed the line into becoming tedious for me. Story isn't bad though, and how could I say no to Willem Dafoe?
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76689,544
    Posted on 01 January 22 at 12:16
    I really didn't enjoy this game at all, to the point where I gave up after a handful of loops. The controls are annoying (probably better on PC) and the repetition is mind-numbing, made even worse by the trial-and-error gameplay, made even worse by incredibly tight timing to "complete" a loop successfully even if you know what you need to do. I reached for a walkthrough pretty quickly and still struggled to grind on. It's just no fun at all.

And the voice actors sound like they're bored to tears half the time, just reading the script. Why did they bother with the Hollywood cast?
  • KinectKid333KinectKid333798,001
    Posted on 01 January 22 at 20:25
    I was gonna confess, I swear! But it was a new year! New year, new me! 😂

If anybody here committed any felonies last night, don't worry. New year, new you. Wipe the slate clean. All is forgiven. You seriously think you're gonna get in trouble for something you did last year? That was like, forever ago! Don't worry about it. Statue of limitations!
    Theory and practice are the same in theory, but not in practice.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7535,457
    Posted on 01 January 22 at 20:32
    The superior time loop title on Game Pass is The Forgotten City, hands down.

However, this game is alright. I know the critical reception to this game was pretty rough, but I liked how dark the story got and the terrible things you had to do to beat the story. The only thing I dislike is the last 20 minutes or so where the narrative completely falls apart.

My favorite memory of the experience was doing something experimental to see how the game would react and then seeing that the programmers actually predicted my behavior and had programmed a response. Amazing when devs do that.
  • Posted on 01 January 22 at 22:34
    This game was on my radar when it was first announced, but seems some folks either didn't like the game itself or found it tedious as time went on. Still interested in it, but definitely going to work with the walkthrough when I get to it.
  • Cylon 118Cylon 118524,455
    Posted on 01 January 22 at 23:31
    I really like puzzle games and this one did not disappoint. Had a great time just doing it myself the first time round taking many hours looping over and over again gaining bits and pieces of information and marveling at how so few objects in such a tiny space can be used in so many ways to produce so many different outcomes. I did get very stuck for quite a while as i had figured out that i was the monster but could not figure out how to let the game know this but got their in the end with the baby clothes and then got the alone ending thinking that was it as the credits rolled. I then reset and went through again with a guide to get the rest of the achievements and saw the other endings which i quite frankly didn't care as much for and felt they were weaker and just stranger, plus i have no idea how i would have naturally reached them myself, same with all the collectibles. It was nice to have yet another game in just a few months with recognizable voice actors in it really elevates everything to me. Also nice to have a playlist game i could beat in a day so that i can continue to work on my backlog of games!
  • S GTS GT195,422
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 00:02
    Dresden N7 said:

However, this game is alright. I know the critical reception to this game was pretty rough, but I liked how dark the story got and the terrible things you had to do to beat the story. The only thing I dislike is the last 20 minutes or so where the narrative completely falls apart.

My favorite memory of the experience was doing something experimental to see how the game would react and then seeing that the programmers actually predicted my behavior and had programmed a response. Amazing when devs do that.
    thanks for that suggestion i already liked this game and now ill check out the forgotten city rock
  • YabadabaDrewYabadabaDrew628,928
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 03:11
    +1 for the forgotten city over this. Started off strong, but gave up about halfway. Way too convoluted for me
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 04:33
    S GT said:
    Dresden N7 said:

thanks for that suggestion i already liked this game and now ill check out the forgotten city rock
    You'll love The Forgotten City. It's a well-crafted Groundhog Day-style game with lots of ancient Roman history and a narrative that surprisingly holds up through to the end. toast
  • GraveyGravey489,201
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 09:38
    I would love to have another game like this to play. So unique and entertaining!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm578,959
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 17:21
    ASUnknown1 said:
    This is my first TA Playlist where I've already completed the game, so all I can do is comment for the badge :( I wasn't a big fan of this one personally; as intriguing of a concept as it is, it didn't make for something I particularly enjoyed playing. Obviously the repetition is the whole point of the game, and I will always give games that are trying something different a chance, but it sadly crossed the line into becoming tedious for me. Story isn't bad though, and how could I say no to Willem Dafoe?
    The entire cast is great with James McAvoy & Daisy Ridley joining Dafoe.
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 17:24
    Dresden N7 said:
    I've got The Forgotten City on my short list.
  • CrackdownCrackdown315,788
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 20:44
    this game is insane id recommend it to anyone tbh. the concept is so rare and also executed pretty good i want more games like this
  • XynvincibleXynvincible978,025
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 21:52
    Wonder how much money was spent for this game to get the star power voice acting it has.

Enjoyed it. It wasn't mind-blowingly fantastic but an all right game.
  • R1KM4NR1KM4N859,488
    Posted on 02 January 22 at 21:57
    I really enjoyed it. Decided to use the walkthrough for my playthrough, I think I would have struggled without. I really liked the gameplay and some of the puzzles, I just wish the game was a little longer. Willem Dafoe was brilliant in it, and although I saw both James McAvoy and Daisy Ridley in the credits, neither especially stood out compared to Dafoe.

Loved the graphics and felt the animations were perfectly executed. Overall I'd definitely recommend the game. Happy I took part in this one as part of the TA Playlist.
  • SteffsSteffs267,240
    Posted on 03 January 22 at 17:45
    I ended up hating this game based on its controls, stories, puzzles, terrible voice acting (except from Willem Dafoe who is always fantastic), and especially the writing and story.

If you enjoy a time loop, Outer Wilds is not only the superior time loop game, but an all time greatest game ever contender. That’s a story that will stay with you!
  • Catching ZZZsCatching ZZZs1,032,200
    Posted on 04 January 22 at 10:33
    Professor X and Rey had no chemistry. Green Goblin was good, as always. smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.