• Ariose999Ariose999762,602
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 10:47
    Mistake?
  • II Dish IIII Dish II2,630,074
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 10:59
    Wait what? Why are they all partly discontinued now
    Dish
  • VeedrockVeedrock762,245
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 11:05, Edited on 27 February 23 at 14:02 by Veedrock
    Oof, bad look on the site when cheaters can trigger the automod to think discontinued achievements are back. Kinda weird since the flag was added just days after Arena closure, so they were set manually. You'd think manual flags would require manual unflagging.

Edit: Oof, it was a manual change based on shoddy speculations. That's probably worse tbh.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw913,637
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 12:11
    Wait so they are still discontinued? I hate how TrueAchievements hides the flag discussion thread from everyone unless you report your own flag. Makes stuff like this hard to understand.
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC1,217,959
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 12:14
    Almost had a stroke seeing this thread pop up. Thought they had discontinued content without notice.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • Slayer ReigningSlayer Reigning2,904,255
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 12:53
    Progress can be transferred from Steam. So if you unlocked them there, you can still technically unlock them on Xbox.
    But now your Reign is over / And it's all up to me / I'm gonna show you what I mean
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 13:33
    Slayer Reigning said:
    Progress can be transferred from Steam. So if you unlocked them there, you can still technically unlock them on Xbox.
    No that's not how it works. The Steam version still requires an Xbox account to play so any achievement popped there will pop on Xbox at the same time. You can't "bank" achievements there then sync back this way.
  • LAUGH1NGOCTOPUSLAUGH1NGOCTOPUS1,690,231
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 13:39, Edited on 27 February 23 at 13:47 by LAUGH1NGOCTOPUS
    the thread where this was being discussed is here
    Someone has unlocked all 11 discontinued achievements in one day?

the evidence that you have always needed an Xbox account to play through steam is on multiple parts of the sea of thieves website here https://support.seaofthieves.com/articles/360014372660-Steam...

For those who don't want to click on the link, the important part is that it says
    "When you boot Sea of Thieves through Steam, you will need to link an Xbox Live account to your Steam profile before you can enter gameplay. Below are the steps which are required to link as well as unlink your Xbox Live account when required."
    You never could enter gameplay without an Xbox account and thus could never unlock the steam version of the achievement, then later unlock the Xbox one version of the same achievement.

These flags should be put back as discontinued.
  • Slayer ReigningSlayer Reigning2,904,255
    Posted on 27 February 23 at 13:55
    Alright, I wasn't familiar and was just going off of reported info. We'll take a look at this further.
    But now your Reign is over / And it's all up to me / I'm gonna show you what I mean
  • Information
    Posted on 28 February 23 at 16:08
    The Discontinued flag has been added to the following achievements:
    Sea of ThievesRum 'n' Bass (Legacy)The Rum 'n' Bass (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 46 pointsWithin The Arena, here's what you must do. Play music in contests, with four in your crew!
    Sea of ThievesPints Mean Prizes (Legacy)The Pints Mean Prizes (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 102 pointsIn The Arena, first join a contest, then drink lots of grog and deliver a chest!
    Sea of ThievesGlorious Sea Dog (Legacy)The Glorious Sea Dog (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 140 pointsTo prove it's the Glorious Sea Dogs you love, purchase their Hat, Jacket, Hook and their Gloves!
    Sea of ThievesNice Pirates Finish Last (Legacy)The Nice Pirates Finish Last (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 93 pointsSo what if you've stolen some other crew's chest?
    Sea of ThievesHot Tub Crime Machine (Legacy)The Hot Tub Crime Machine (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 176 pointsAll crews take a soak to work out their troubles. (But please remember to turn on the bubbles!)
    Sea of ThievesCapture the Swag (Legacy)The Capture the Swag (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 223 pointsIn The Arena, each minute moves fast. Deliver a chest before five have gone past!
    Sea of ThievesFortune and Glory (Legacy)The Fortune and Glory (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 303 pointsTaking part counts as much as winning, until in 100,000 Silver you find yourself swimming!
    Sea of ThievesShow Your Colours (Legacy)The Show Your Colours (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 129 pointsWithin The Arena, try taking a trip in contests, aboard each colour of ship!
    Sea of ThievesCaptain of Silvered Waters (Legacy)The Captain of Silvered Waters (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 405 pointsReceive the Commendation for placing in the top three 100 times in The Arena.
    Sea of ThievesChampion of Silvered Waters (Legacy)The Champion of Silvered Waters (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 820 pointsReceive the Commendation for placing first 100 times in The Arena.
    Sea of ThievesLegend of Silvered Waters (Legacy)The Legend of Silvered Waters (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 826 pointsReceive the Commendation for placing first 100 times in The Arena as a Pirate Legend.
    Sea of ThievesSailor of Silvered Waters (Legacy)The Sailor of Silvered Waters (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 549 pointsReceive the Commendation for completing 200 contests in The Arena.
    Sea of ThievesMaster of the Arena (Legacy)The Master of the Arena (Legacy) achievement in Sea of Thieves worth 508 pointsWithin The Arena, you've caused a commotion. The Sea Dogs will sell you their Master Promotion!
  • Triple Triad777Triple Triad7773,180,060
    Posted on 28 February 23 at 16:19
    As it should be.
  • Posted on 28 February 23 at 17:06
    Hi, guys.
    Does anyone know if Rare will ever fix them?
    I'm going to buy a Series X by the end of April and I would really like to play this game with my friends.
    However, all these unobtainable ones put me off a little bit... such a shame.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw913,637
    Posted on 28 February 23 at 17:18
    JulesFromSicily said:
    Hi, guys.
    I'm going to buy a Series X by the end of April and I would really like to play this game with my friends.
    Unlikely. They removed the event stuff related to it. It's piss-poor from the lead studio that should be setting an example.
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,282,527
    Posted on 28 February 23 at 18:02
    JulesFromSicily said:
    Hi, guys.
    Rare said they as of now have no plans to add these achievements back, as they said they could not find a fair way to implement them in game while not taking away anything form the people who earned them in Arena.

There was some hope for people that haven't earned them when they added the PVP on demand update that allowed you to queue for combat, but nothing. At least for now it looks like they won't come back to the game. That being said, there is a lot to do in the game, and you aren't missing anything by not playing the arena. Unless you are playing the game specifically for a completion, it is still worth playing.
  • SupaSupa282,475
    Posted on 28 February 23 at 19:59
    GrimaceTheGrey said:
    JulesFromSicily said:
    Hi, guys.
    Unless you are playing the game specifically for a completion, it is still worth playing.
    Frankly, this is NOT a game to pick up for the completion anyways. Way too much of a grind. I suggest people play this one for the fun of it, but don't get caught up in Rare's fucky achievement requirements.
  • GrimaceTheGreyGrimaceTheGrey1,282,527
    Posted on 28 February 23 at 20:54
    Supa said:
    GrimaceTheGrey said:
    JulesFromSicily said:
    Hi, guys.
    Unless you are playing the game specifically for a completion, it is still worth playing.
    Frankly, this is NOT a game to pick up for the completion anyways. Way too much of a grind. I suggest people play this one for the fun of it, but don't get caught up in Rare's fucky achievement requirements.
    Kind of agree. Nothing wrong with completing it, but its a bigger grind than most MMOs, and they seem to always add achievements with title updates, at least seasonally, so its never goimg to be finished anyway. Even if you join discords and manage to work your way onto alliance servers and never get harrassed by players, you are still on board for well in excess of 1000 hours.
  • SkelixSkelix1,906,504
    Posted on 01 March 23 at 00:07
    ^^^

Of course it's not a game you play for the completion, it's got an entire mode removed eliminating 13 cheevs. Who cares about how long it takes to be completed, it can't be nor will it ever be completable.

Rare are absolute fucking scumbags and I'm ashamed to have even loaded this game up.
  • ONTY 1 TDOGONTY 1 TDOG1,219,395
    Posted on 09 March 23 at 16:28, Edited on 09 March 23 at 16:29 by ONTY 1 TDOG
    Well it can be completable, 118 people have it complete, and people have completed the arena so its still possible for them to complete, it cant be completed by people who now start it up

But you loaded the game up, ate a banana and never touched it again, then a year later they close the arena, so if you would have played it in that year then you could have boosted the arena achievements just like many off us did. But because you never played it you would never of got the pirates legend achievement tied to the arena achievement so you probably thought to yourself I wont bother

You take your saltyness out on the devs when really you cant be bothered to play it, how much notice do you want when they close the servers for a 1000 plus hours game?
  • Vo Famous oVVo Famous oV268,275
    Posted on 09 March 23 at 22:15
    They shouldn’t have discontinued them in the first place. Making a post saying you’re looking into fixing something when the mode is officially announced as closing and then waiting three weeks until the shutdown to say “Sorry we can’t be bothered changing the requirements” for the excuse of it being unfair for players that had earned them legit is an absolute joke. I can think of dozens if not HUNDREDS of different things to do in-game to change the requirements to that would’ve felt just as “rewarding” as playing that garbage multiplayer mode. No one who did it legit cares that the mode got removed or cares if other people finish the achievements tied to it in an alternative way, they played the game to play the game. Period. Don’t get me wrong, after experiencing the game I thought it was fantastic, but the way they went about dealing with this mess was not fantastic. There’s literally nothing ANYONE could say to justify how the way they went about it was the best and only way they could have handled it.
    Posted on 09 March 23 at 23:08, Edited on 09 March 23 at 23:10 by Veedrock
    We don't need to retread this whole damn discussion again, especially in this thread where new posts should mean flag changes.

You can stay mad but move on from it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads