The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Countdown Add-On Sale: TA Team Picks

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 12:27
    We're back with our picks from the latest Xbox sales, and this time we're delving into the realms of DLC with the Xbox Countdown Add-Ons Sale.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Countdown Add-On Sale: TA Team Picks
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,147
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 13:01, Edited on 15 January 22 at 13:04 by EarthboundX
    Hmm, speaking of sales, I see TA's price checker page has been changed.

Oh awesome, there's now a price history section, so we can see how games and such were priced in earlier sales. Seems to be defaulting to the UK and Pounds and not my set region atm though.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,811,408
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 13:45
    Scooped up the Dead Cells DLC! rock
    Matthew
  • SkinfasstSkinfasst458,860
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 13:49
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    Scooped up the Dead Cells DLC! rock
    Definitely worth it.

FH4 DLC also definitely worth it.
  • Flipy FlipersonFlipy Fliperson1,013,618
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 16:56
    EarthboundX said:
    Hmm, speaking of sales, I see TA's price checker page has been changed.

Oh awesome, there's now a price history section, so we can see how games and such were priced in earlier sales. Seems to be defaulting to the UK and Pounds and not my set region atm though.
    I just noticed that as well. Seems strange to see no mention of it on the website, especially when it now includes a feature a lot of gamers were asking for (price history).
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx401,128
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 17:13
    Strange
    "Every argument you make has probably been debated into the ground, back up and down into it again" -Dr Doppelklick
  • Larvi1Larvi12,403,915
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 18:23
    I've been waiting for a sale on the 360 version of the AC IV season pass, every time I see the XB1 version on sale I check and get disappointed.
  • Rista BRista B791,528
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 18:48
    Jurassic World expansion is kind of tempting.
    "There's never been anything, however absurd, that myriads of people weren't prepared to believe"
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 21:38
    Got all of the Dead Cells stuff.

Freedom Cry isn’t just one of the best AC DLCs, it’s easily in the top 10 DLCs ever made for any game.

I’m on the fence for Forza Horizon 4, I’d like to get the game for when it’s eventually delisted and the DLC, not sure if this is the best way to purchase it…

Jurassic World I look at every time it’s on sale, but I refuse to buy DLC for a game I haven’t yet started…
  • Posted on 15 January 22 at 22:30
    The FH 4 DLC was worth it. I remember putting in decent hours in the lego and island areas
  • ChrisChros87ChrisChros87154,335
    Posted on 15 January 22 at 22:30
    I just got Escapists 2 DLC after main game was GwG the other week. Only played it for 15 mins but seems fun, just getting used to controls and what you need to do etc.

Noticed the Wildlands Breakpoint DLC too. Shame the actual game has such bad reviews, Wildlands was really good
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion914,138
    Posted on 16 January 22 at 00:57
    Excellent choices.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,086,359
    Posted on 16 January 22 at 02:08
    Return to Jurassic Park was the best add-on!
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,288,359
    Posted on 16 January 22 at 03:55
    I was about to pic up the Black Flag season pass, then noticed that I already had Freedom Cry. I guess I bought it at some point. No point in picking up the pass then.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 16 January 22 at 18:13
    No nooo noooo... senor credit card no here
    Gamertag created when i was a kid. Havnt been able to think of something original but classy since then. Feedback welcome.
  • gothmogesgothmoges677,510
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 10:03, Edited on 17 January 22 at 10:06 by gothmoges
    TymanTheLong said:
    I’m on the fence for Forza Horizon 4, I’d like to get the game for when it’s eventually delisted and the DLC, not sure if this is the best way to purchase it…
    To date, I think it is. I remember having the exact same question in the past and getting Fortune Island and Lego Champions independently was a tad cheaper than the bundle. I haven't seen them go cheaper than 7.5€ each since then, so I'd say it remains true. You never know if it will have a steeper discount in the future, of course, but I'll also say this isn't the first time it has been at this, or similar, price.

The bundle also includes other dlc's and the car packs, btw. iirc, the vip pack helps slightly in achievements (more credits and xp per race, wheelspins, a house, ...). I think the secrets map is not included, though.

Quality wise, it's worth it, as others have said. Fortune Island is a cool new map, and gives you a solid 6-10 hours on achievements. Lego Champions is a cool twist, but a bit grindy on achievements.
  • wildwest08wildwest081,654,244
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 21:57
    Picked up the Jurassic Park expansion as I hope to dive that soon
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.