Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass 'Leaving Soon' dates now showing on Microsoft Store PC app [updated]

• TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto2,028,629
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 17:19
    Control and Medium... sounds doable :)
    See you in Valhalla
  • WicelowWicelow1,480,847
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 17:24
    Real question is... Why use a Hades picture to make the article when it's on the "6 months away" list ?
    To scare us and force us to read the damn article ! Lame tactic ! But effective ! :)
    Eat. Play. Love.
  • Posted on 17 January 22 at 17:34
    it's deal for gamepass....not time to quite
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,257,847
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 17:38
    a13on said:
    The Game Pass discounts have always had end dates. It's nothing new.
    Correct but now it would appear that we can get advanced notice - something that probably should have been included from the start.
    Looking for a place to happen, making stops along the way.
  • pontet4pontet49,260
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 17:40
    disastrissy said:
    I never really understood why this info wasn't always really visible on game pass. I can't see how it would hurt MS and the publishers, and it's great for players. Giving someone two weeks notice to finish a 100 hour game like Dragon Quest XI is just insane.
    Reminder that DQ XI S joined Game Pass on Dec 4, 2020. Did anyone really think that a mainline Square Enix JPRG would be on Game Pass for more than about a year? Square Enix will always be primarily Playstation/Switch, in the near future at least. If a 60-to-100 hour classic like this joins Game Pass, everyone should start playing it the month it arrives (or as soon as possible thereafter). The "last-minute completion" mindset can only be intelligently applied to short indies, in my opinion.

By the way, DQ XI S is one of the best of its genre this generation, worth owning. You can buy XB1 physical version new on Amazon for $20 USD.
  • Posted on 17 January 22 at 17:48
    Neo Yggdrasill said:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to play the Windows version of Plague Tale (or any game really) using Cloud Gaming?
    Good question that I never really thought about. I think it is only console games, but I could be wrong.
  • Posted on 17 January 22 at 17:54
    This is interesting and I hope it is not correct since there are a few games here in my backlog.
    MrFunko
  • Jelbrehir8Jelbrehir8372,062
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 18:13
    This is really useful info for me. Now I can prioritize the games I want to play.
  • TuschiTuschi1,250,341
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 18:17
    Ah. Shame Yakuza is leaving. Might as well buy the collection.
  • notoriousJMZnotoriousJMZ437,286
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 18:33
    Neo Yggdrasill said:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to play the Windows version of Plague Tale (or any game really) using Cloud Gaming?
    It's not possible unfortunately. The current set up for the xCloud service is consoles, where they use actual XSX to run games remotely. I do hope they eventually get the service running PC games.
  • Sipuli91Sipuli91643,859
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 18:34
    Well looks like it's time to abandon NFS and start working on Control and The Medium asap
  • ccliffy90ccliffy901,380,110
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 18:34
    This is unbelievably useful, I started Medium haven’t got round to finishing it so now know I have 2 weeks to get it done.

Also have 7 months to get Hades done might need all of that
  • pticodepticode271,963
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 18:53
    Great news ! Do we have the same option for normal Xbox games ?
  • Miojo666Miojo666357,242
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 19:07
    Important info. Should've always been there.
  • Dave BodomDave Bodom1,840,385
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 19:21, Edited on 17 January 22 at 19:35 by Dave Bodom
    superniceguy said:
    BAE 10 said:
    superniceguy said:
    aphexbr said:
    disastrissy said:
    I never really understood why this info wasn't always really visible on game pass. I can't see how it would hurt MS and the publishers, and it's great for players. Giving someone two weeks notice to finish a 100 hour game like Dragon Quest XI is just insane.
    On the one hand, the info is nice and it's good to give people full notice of when to expect the title to leave, assuming the licences are confirmed to definitely end on that date and not be renewed.

On the other hand - they're not giving you 2 weeks to finish the game, they're giving you 12 months or however long it's been on there in total, then for you to hopefully buy at a discount if you want to keep playing after that. If you're not even starting the game until it's about to leave, and you *have* to 100% it before it leaves, that's on you.
    It is not on “you”

If it was 1 year on each every game then I would agree but it is all so unpredictable.

If games A and B enter on the same day, and game A stays in for 2 years but game B stays in for 6 months, which do not know until 2 weeks before, but play game A first then have no time for game B, then if finished with game A and can’t play game B as it left then no need to sub then

If they let us know that info then we can play game B first and then play game A and keep subscribing.

Lego Worlds was only 6 months. Cities Skylines was 2+ years and came back.
    If you are spending 6+ months on a single game pass title then you should not be subbed.
    It is not meant to be just playing one, and for six months. I just said it that way to keep it simple! Mix in multiple games and varying time frames and it gets even more overwhelming

I never bothered with Outriders except for the rewards points, as I thought being from Square Enix it would be in there only 3 months and maybe come back this year and stay for a year. If I knew it would have been in a year I would have played it.

GTA V was only 3 months

With the lack of info.The only way to be on the safe side is assume that all 3rd party games will in for 3 months and start it as soon as it enters, otherwise just forget it

PS NOW gives more info, although you have to keep looking at the game and see if a date starts appearing, Truetrophies do not keep an eye on the leaving dates like TA, but Sony give up to 7 months notice.
    Every single article about games leaving the vast majority decide to prioritise, buy the game leaving, or accept maybe next time it appears they'll do it then but you're always there, upset and complaining every. single. time. that MS didn't give you enough time to complete every single game and how PSNOW does it better.

The subscription is cheap, theres a shit ton of choice on it, if you couldn't finish a game in time, buy it or wait till it reappears, they aren't loading it with games hoping everyone 100%'s them in the timeframe. All your complaints are you problems and entitlement.
  • SPOONYxBARDSPOONYxBARD1,135,567
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 19:46
    Reminder that Resident Evil 7 has a Japanese stack with the Grotesque edition. Just switch your region to Japan to download and play.

Exactly the same as the worldwide release except for a tamer level of blood and gore.
  • DOOM47DOOM47116,153
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 20:21
    These are not leaving dates
    These are "discount on purchase because of game pass" dates
    Look at The Ascent, if these were leaving dates then Ascent is leaving game pass in 14 hours
  • MontradonMontradon71,487
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 20:43
    That is always 1 year after the game was added to the service. I don‘t think that it will be the drop off day. Just the discount was set to 12 month. No way they will drop Outriders just before the payed addon! It would be beyond stupid.
  • count023count023746,471
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 21:49, Edited on 17 January 22 at 22:13 by count023
    Oh, phew, i thought it was saying Scarlet Nexus was leaving 23/1, 2023 makes it a fair way off at least. OH adn hey, th Yakuza games too...

But damn, i just started Control, guess i have to marathon that to finish it.
  • TheBoxyBearTheBoxyBear533,293
    Posted on 17 January 22 at 22:10
    Maybe they keep announcing removals last minutes because that's when publishers decide to not renew the contract? So then the dates shown are just when the current contract is set to be expired but they might decide to renew by then.
    TheBoxyBear
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.