The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up: January 18th, 2022

  • Posted on 18 January 22 at 22:58
    Kinda can't say no to TimeSplitters 2 for $2.49
    https://www.youtube.com/BeBetterGamer
  • Posted on 18 January 22 at 23:19
    I see Jet Set Radio is $2.99.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007271,340
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 04:01
    I am considering the Amnesia Collection for $4.49.
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 07:28
    Chernobylite is now 20% off and $23.99 now, WTF is this?
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 07:58
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Craphex said:
    Loch Doun said:
    Burnout Revenge… FINALLY!!!
    Worth getting if the offlines gone and half the cheevos are unobtainable?
    Personal preference really. It's a great game. I wouldn't start a game with unobtainables, though.

    Perfect for people like me that finished the online ages ago and no longer have the game to finish the single player.
    For any of you that got your online achievements for "Burnout: Revenge" AFTER the servers were turned off... but then restored a few days later... you're welcome! Back when I had a direct number to their offices at EA, I called them and explained that a LOT of people were still playing the game, and that they needed to put the servers back up, until it really drops-off. The guy I spoke to said he would pass my message along (which was more detailed than I just stated), and a few days later - the servers were back online. I arranged a boosting session with my friends and we knocked-out the remaining online achievements!

    The funny thing was... they never changed the shutdown server list on the EA website, to reflect that Burnout Revenge was no longer offline. It stayed that way for a LONG TIME... before they finally announced it was going to be shutdown (again). I don't know if the offline server list shows the original date it was "supposed to be" shutdown anymore, but it was well-before the date TA shows it went offline!

    Now... if I could just get the "Battlefield 2: Modern Combat" servers restored (or "Chromehounds", while I'm at it)!! wink
    If you don't get jokes or understand what sarcasm is... DO NOT COMMENT on MY comments!!!
  • YΛTVΛN3YΛTVΛN3743,977
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 10:59
    ...Chernobylite is 20 instead off the 50% it was...well; i guess i am skipping it for now...
  • Cel7ic DeathCel7ic Death461,046
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 11:25
    YATVAN3 said:
    ...Chernobylite is 20 instead off the 50% it was...well; i guess i am skipping it for now...
    Came to say same thing..saw the £12.49 price but went to buy and its £19.99, i'll do the same and wait [smile
  • YΛTVΛN3YΛTVΛN3743,977
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 11:50
    YATVAN3 said:
    ...Chernobylite is 20 instead off the 50% it was...well; i guess i am skipping it for now...
    ...so, i was going for it but got to save money (15euro seemed a good deal, maybe checking out the trial first?)...
    ...on a side note: there are some interesting deals for sure...Zombie Army triology, Strange Brigade + dlc, Beholder, Amnesia and Layers of Fear 2...ohh and mini ninja`s although i am quiet sure i played it before but it is not listed in my games oddly...
  • The AllslayerThe Allslayer1,387,840
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 12:53
    atryeu1 said:
    Bermuda Polygon said:
    Just a heads up - there are more 360 games on sale. I grabbed The Outfit, Red Dead Revolver, F.E.A.R. 2, and they were all discounted, even though they don't show in the list for me.
    Thanks for the heads up. I can't do X1 so I rely on the 360 sales and TA rarely seems to report them all anymore :(

    Also on that topic with TA..... the "sale" on Bloodforge doesn't seem right? Aren't sales supposed to make them cheaper? TA is claiming the game is $14.99 USD on sale, down from $9.99 USD? Shouldn't that be the other way around? LoL
    Yeah there's some glitch with Bloodforge, I've been using the sales tab to filter for Hack & Slash games for months and Bloodforge has been on "sale" the entire time.
  • MikaszMikasz1,009,518
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 16:34, Edited on 19 January 22 at 16:34 by Mikasz
    I think I'm missing something here. Battlestations Midway is listed in the sale list. If I go to it it's not sold separately. Xbox doesn't find it either. Do other regions have the same issue?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce2,099,420
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 17:21
    Mikasz said:
    I think I'm missing something here. Battlestations Midway is listed in the sale list. If I go to it it's not sold separately. Xbox doesn't find it either. Do other regions have the same issue?
    What region are you trying?
    @ChewieOnIce | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing' | discord.io/ah101
  • MikaszMikasz1,009,518
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 17:43
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Mikasz said:
    I think I'm missing something here. Battlestations Midway is listed in the sale list. If I go to it it's not sold separately. Xbox doesn't find it either. Do other regions have the same issue?
    What region are you trying?
    Europe, Poland to be precise. The game is listed in euro so I should be looking at the correct one.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to report the bug, I'm just trying to buy the game that I thought was delisted.
  • JoonasJoonas412,821
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 19:46
    Mikasz said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Mikasz said:
    I think I'm missing something here. Battlestations Midway is listed in the sale list. If I go to it it's not sold separately. Xbox doesn't find it either. Do other regions have the same issue?
    What region are you trying?
    Europe, Poland to be precise. The game is listed in euro so I should be looking at the correct one.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to report the bug, I'm just trying to buy the game that I thought was delisted.
    It doesn’t seem to be available in Poland. If it was available at one time then it’s delisted now.
    https://marketplace.xbox.com/pl-pl/product/battlestations-mi...
    https://www.xbox.com/pl-pl/games/store/battlestations-midway...

    Site takes the prices that are in Euro from the Irish store. That is what you are seeing so it doesn’t mean that the game is available on all countries that use Euro as their currency. For instance in Finland where i am located it is available.
  • MikaszMikasz1,009,518
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 19:55
    Joonas said:
    Mikasz said:
    ChewieOnIce said:
    Mikasz said:
    I think I'm missing something here. Battlestations Midway is listed in the sale list. If I go to it it's not sold separately. Xbox doesn't find it either. Do other regions have the same issue?
    What region are you trying?
    Europe, Poland to be precise. The game is listed in euro so I should be looking at the correct one.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to report the bug, I'm just trying to buy the game that I thought was delisted.
    It doesn’t seem to be available in Poland. If it was available at one time then it’s delisted now.
    https://marketplace.xbox.com/pl-pl/product/battlestations-mi...
    https://www.xbox.com/pl-pl/games/store/battlestations-midway...

    Site takes the prices that are in Euro from the Irish store. That is what you are seeing so it doesn’t mean that the game is available on all countries that use Euro as their currency. For instance in Finland where i am located it is available.
    Thanks. I know euro is not the best indicator of games availability (we don't even have euro as our currency), it seemed odd though that it would be unavailable here out of the blue.

    I guess it follows Dragon Age II and Oblivion DLC that we just can't buy without a small 'trip' to other stores. With that in mind I've just grabbed the game from US, case closed.
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 21:55
    Glad I picked up Chernobylite before it went up in price. Something happened with that game that I never had happen before though. I dowloaded the game (12GB or so) and when I went to start it, it was stuck on the splash screen for 10 min. Closed out and started it again, and was told do DL a 6GB patch. DL'ed that and the game started up just fine. I've never had to DL a game and then a patch separately on the XB1 before (You always DL the latest patched version). Only thing I can think is the patch was made available as I was DLing it.

    Kinda ticked the tow Timesplitters games are XB1 only. I always prefer to "purchase" them on the 360, then DL them on the One. Not a biggie, but personal preference. For 2.50 each I'll still but them though.
    Hola
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,877,380
    Posted on 23 January 22 at 05:32
    Just a note on first templar there is an achievement to complete a level with 5 different people so if anyone is trying to complete this I would def suggest getting it BC then you can use the account trick with 2 Xboxes to double box over and over. A few of us on TA did this game last spring before it was BC and it was a huge pain tracking down 5 other people with this game to play a level with you. On top of that you need to play through the entire game with someone else and the achievement only unlocks for the host.
    anthonyd46
  • Posted on 23 January 22 at 19:12
    Has anyone played The Last Stand: Aftermath yet? It's been on my radar for a while and the sale on it is pretty good so thinking of buying.
  • Flipy FlipersonFlipy Fliperson1,224,396
    Posted on 23 January 22 at 23:58
    10 new (for me) games and only spent $25.60 (in MS points)
  • Orran DuraiOrran Durai136,713
    Posted on 25 January 22 at 11:36
    MSBYTES said:
    Lots of OG Xbox games on sale too.
    YES, I finally got Panzer Dragoon Orta. I think it was on sale before but this time I got it. Unfortunately Gauntlet Seven Sorrows did not go on sale. That's the second OG Xbox game I want digitally.
    Stylish Laziness
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads