Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Rainbow Six Extraction review

• Posted on 19 January 22 at 11:00
    Rainbow Six Extraction launches straight into Xbox Game Pass tomorrow, trading the tense competition of Siege for a purely PvE experience against an alien parasite, for some reason. But you know what? We don't hate it...

Please click here to read the full story: Rainbow Six Extraction review
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam2,140,892
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 11:08
    Looking forward to this
  • Murdoch4Murdoch4123,878
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 11:37
    Can developers stop churning out these lazy horde games. l4d was the only one to do it right and that was over 10 years ago. Games like these are just blatant cashgrabs.
  • Gh05tFameGh05tFame119,567
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 11:50
    Haven't had high hopes for this at all, even though I'm a big fan of Siege but this was encouraging review. Definitely some glaring issues it seems but not as bad as I first thought.
  • vegansoundvegansound932,495
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 11:56
    Why some news are yellow framed? I never understood why. warning
  • wookieepuppywookieepuppy794,026
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 12:07, Edited on 19 January 22 at 12:32 by wookieepuppy
    This was a very informative and well written review. Top marks for the review.

However, the same reviewer gave FH5 10/10 so that, weighted accordingly, makes RSE 5/10 or less.

Also. . . . Pupperazzi and RSE share the same release date. RSE player base is sure to be massively affected by this.
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 12:34
    wookieepuppy said:

However, the same reviewer gave FH5 10/10 so that, weighted accordingly, makes RSE 5/10 or less.

Also. . . . Pupperazi and RSE share the same release date. RSE player base is sure to be massively affected by this.
    Heh thanks, I do kind of touch upon the FH thing in the review, but to clarify once more, there were only a few thousand people playing during the review period and the servers were flawless, meaning it had none of the issues that developed since it came out proper and was just an awesome experience. I honestly wouldn't give the game the same score in its current state, and I've been meaning to do a State of Play update on it, but I've been absolutely stacked since back in November!
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 13:25
    vegansound said:
    We highlight articles that took a lot of effort so you can easily work out what is normal news and what is a feature. Hopefully it's useful!
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,002,825
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 13:28
    Shit, I was hoping getting 18 Operators to level 10 wouldn't be so bad. Hopefully they have some sort of double XP event to help out the grind.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 13:47, Edited on 19 January 22 at 13:48 by vegansound
    KesStephenson said:
    vegansound said:
    We highlight articles that took a lot of effort so you can easily work out what is normal news and what is a feature. Hopefully it's useful!
    Thanks for the reply.

So if I understand well, a framed articles mean a lot of redaction in it, rather than just a news a publisher sent you to inform TA readers where you haven't s pent much time to modify?

From what I remind, we never had an article introducing this yellow framed feature, haven't we?

And I guess there's no way (yet?) to turn off those yellow frames to come back like before?

Thanks for the replies.
  • Aj6627Aj6627208,592
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 14:23
    Well done to the reviewer. It's nice to have someone who has history with the series evaluating it as I'm sure 90%+ of the current Seige base has never played a classic Rainbow Six game. (The reason I got Xbox live was R63 18 years ago)

I'm somewhat optimistic that the game will be decent despite them going full Indiana Jones 4 with the premise.
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 14:40
    vegansound said:
    So if I understand well, a framed articles mean a lot of redaction in it, rather than just a news a publisher sent you to inform TA readers where you haven't s pent much time to modify?

From what I remind, we never had an article introducing this yellow framed feature, haven't we?

And I guess there's no way (yet?) to turn off those yellow frames to come back like before?
    So, the yellow framed article won't be "new news" at all. It will be a review, an interview, a list of the best games or achievements, a first impressions piece, or a spotlight on a game or a studio. We redact nothing, because we have written it from scratch ourselves. The non-yellow, non-framed articles will have all the news with quotes, trailers, achievement reveals, etc you could ask for!

No introduction article, or way to remove it right now I'm afraid!
  • Rista BRista B684,396
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 15:43
    This game wasn't really on my radar but I might give it a shot as it seems many of the achievements aren't that bad and I'm guessing after a couple of months there may not be much of a player base for this. Maybe they will keeping dropping additional content to keep people engaged.
    "There's never been anything, however absurd, that myriads of people weren't prepared to believe"
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 15:51
    BadRubberPiggy said:
    wookieepuppy said:

Also. . . . Pupperazi and RSE share the same release date. RSE player base is sure to be massively affected by this.
    Heh thanks, I do kind of touch upon the FH thing in the review, but to clarify once more, there were only a few thousand people playing during the review period and the servers were flawless, meaning it had none of the issues that developed since it came out proper and was just an awesome experience. I honestly wouldn't give the game the same score in its current state, and I've been meaning to do a State of Play update on it, but I've been absolutely stacked since back in November!
    Was your server full at least? Were the arcade events full of people playing? When I play FH5 I feel like I'm playing in a empty map with all the events being empty. SOMETIMES maybe 1 or 2 people join me. I can't think of a worse open world multiplayer game. I thought after FH4 they would of figured out how to make it more lively. Turns out they just copy/pasted most of it.
    Snappleback
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 16:16
    Looks very much like a 7 out of 10 based on what I’ve seen review wise and gameplay. This is good, but it seems like Ubisoft’s target score when developing a game.
  • A DEAD B0DY MANA DEAD B0DY MAN1,406,281
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 17:14
    I wanted a good story and real rainbow six modes ... Not this coop deal.. let me know if you can truly beat game solo..
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 17:28
    A DEAD B0DY MAN said:
    I wanted a good story and real rainbow six modes ... Not this coop deal.. let me know if you can truly beat game solo..
    You can do all of the main Incursions solo, absolutely, and it's actually fun on your own, too. Both endgame modes, however, are co-op only.
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 17:32
    KesStephenson said:
    vegansound said:

So, the yellow framed article won't be "new news" at all. It will be a review, an interview, a list of the best games or achievements, a first impressions piece, or a spotlight on a game or a studio. We redact nothing, because we have written it from scratch ourselves. The non-yellow, non-framed articles will have all the news with quotes, trailers, achievement reveals, etc you could ask for!

No introduction article, or way to remove it right now I'm afraid!
    Thanks, it's clearer for me now.
  • Aj6627Aj6627208,592
    Posted on 19 January 22 at 17:46
    Fyi if you have it preloaded and take your Xbox on a trip to Australia it's playable now
  • Posted on 19 January 22 at 20:38
    The operator selection could've been far better. Considering they didn't change anybody that's in the game currently I don't see why buck, ying, kapkan and many others didn't make they cut as they were in the outbreak game mode.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.