Game Discussion: Gunkid 99

Update for achievement/gameplay issues

• Johnny SinisterJohnny Sinister2,000,523
    Posted on 20 January 22 at 23:26
    I recently submitted an unobtainable flag for one of the game's achievements. I also contacted the publisher (who also worked with the console ports) about the achievement issue, as well other game breaking issues (crashes during leaderboard calculations).

I got a response back today, which reads....

Thanks for letting us know about the achievement - we weren't aware of
    this bug so we'll take a look on our end on getting that working.

Regarding the high scores, we are aware of this one - we've been working
    with both our middleware provider and Xbox themselves to fix this,
    because the bug does not occur in the test environment, and also doesn't
    seem to occur in Xbox's own testing environment, nor on other consoles.
    It's made testing it a bit of a headache to find a fix for. We are
    hoping to locate something soon which is actually causing this.
    I will be keeping an eye out for any updates and will post any findings here.

Fingers crossed...
    Posted on 21 April 22 at 21:40
    There was an update for this game yesterday (April 22nd). As far I know, the update didn’t seem to do anything.

I tried to unlock the achievement again with no luck. Furthermore, the game still crashes at the leaderboard screen.

I may try and delete my save data and start over fresh to see if it makes a difference.
  • WaffleOutlawWaffleOutlaw1,098,705
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 20:06
    Best of luck Johnny.

I think what happened is the trigger for the equipped mode achievement popping on world 4 is also tied to the normal mode. I completed 4-2 on normal with a score of 103 and the cheevo for equipped popped. And of course, the game then crashed because I passed 100 roll Here's hoping they get it fixed so we can get that 100%
    Cheevo hunting like it's my day job, WaffleOutlaw
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 20:43
    First, congratulations on making some serious progress in this game. It is definitely challenging.

Thank you very much for the information. It actually helps make a bit more sense.

It just so happened that the Level 4 Normal achievement was the last one I attempted. So I had no idea ahead of time that there was anything wrong with it. You can imagine my frustration when only the LAST achievement didn't unlock, lol.

Anyways, I will be sure to pass this up. The devs seem more hung up on why the game freezes all the time (apparently an Xbox exclusive issue). But pinpointing the issue may motivate them to at least give us something of a fix.

Thanks again.
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 23:47
    I just sent them a message pinpointing the issue.

I hope that they can find the time to make a fix, especially since it seems we have done most of the work of figuring out the problem for them.

I will be sure to update here whenever I hear back.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads