The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 33 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• Boots OrionBoots Orion914,138
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 04:31, Edited on 26 January 22 at 04:32 by Boots Orion
    SPOONYxBARD said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    I picked up World II: Hunting Boss to save for a potential 10K Rewards challenge. Cheaper than an avocado and it'll actually make me a few cents if that program ever comes back, haha
    Considering there are tons of Indies that started adding free 1000G updates, I wouldn't be surprised if they stop this promotion.
    Fair point, but truthfully 10,000 MS Reward points (the max earned in the promos) can be converted to $11-12 in Xbox $$$. A nice reward for the customer, but I don't think M$ is too concerned about that given that it'd be rewarding people who paid money for the games to earn those rewards.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 04:41
    I see all these quick games, but I'd rather get bang for the buck so three of my most recent purchases were Cities Skylines: Mayor's Edition, Railway Empire: Complete Collection and Sudden Strike 4: Complete Collection.

If I need a quick GS fix, I have more than enough in my purchased backlog and GP to satisfy me without buying more turds I'll regret.
  • Posted on 26 January 22 at 05:17
    But since I’m rich and very lonely, can i buy these cheap turd and play them?
  • Flipy FlipersonFlipy Fliperson1,012,508
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 06:49
    Boots Orion said:
    Railway Empire: Complete Collection
    I've had my eye on that one for a while. Annoying that the complete edition isn't complete.
  • Posted on 26 January 22 at 08:10
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Anyone who buys Wandersong and uses level skip is doing themselves a great disservice. It's a fantastic game and an easy completion.
    Agreed. That was a game that made me, after finishing it, sit back and go "I'm glad I played that." Such a heartwarmingly fun little story.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv810,803
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 08:46
    Boots Orion said:
    SPOONYxBARD said:
    Schinderdiv said:
    I picked up World II: Hunting Boss to save for a potential 10K Rewards challenge. Cheaper than an avocado and it'll actually make me a few cents if that program ever comes back, haha
    Considering there are tons of Indies that started adding free 1000G updates, I wouldn't be surprised if they stop this promotion.
    Fair point, but truthfully 10,000 MS Reward points (the max earned in the promos) can be converted to $11-12 in Xbox $$$. A nice reward for the customer, but I don't think M$ is too concerned about that given that it'd be rewarding people who paid money for the games to earn those rewards.
    Both are fair points to consider. Even if the program never returns, at least I have some easy games for future TA community events. Win-Win for me!
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • Posted on 26 January 22 at 09:31
    Dead Dungeon is crap on PC ... you have to play oldschool with keyboard, often not very precise control ... can't use gamepad - it's very frustrating angry
  • Ecologist0Ecologist063,946
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 09:40
    Haseo ATC said:
    Completion times on this site can be very inaccurate. Goosebumps: The Game has an estimate of 3-4 hours, but if you miss a single step or two in the walkthrough you can be looking at double that time. For some of these easy achievement games it feels like the completion estimates are set by GS speedrunners.
    I agree. I don't think Tales from the Borderlands takes 1-2 hours to complete.
  • FejerFejer1,353,648
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 09:48, Edited on 26 January 22 at 09:49 by Fejer
    Falensarano said:
    I’m not going to slate Bear With Me again, but I will say this. Black Mirror is fried shite on a crusty roll. 75% off and still not worth it. It’s a mess of a game.
    Personally me and my wife enjoyed Black Mirror. It's a nice mystery adventure game with some challenging puzzles. We were pretty hooked by the story.

And I also enjoyed Bear With Me, though it somewhat overstayed it's welcome. Got to admit I love point & click adventure games.
  • NMANOZNMANOZ902,302
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 09:55
    Ecologist0 said:
    Haseo ATC said:
    Completion times on this site can be very inaccurate. Goosebumps: The Game has an estimate of 3-4 hours, but if you miss a single step or two in the walkthrough you can be looking at double that time. For some of these easy achievement games it feels like the completion estimates are set by GS speedrunners.
    That is for the 1st episode only.

The estimated times should be taken as best case.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76743,375
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 10:58
    Haseo ATC said:
    Completion times on this site can be very inaccurate. Goosebumps: The Game has an estimate of 3-4 hours, but if you miss a single step or two in the walkthrough you can be looking at double that time.
    That's like saying retail prices are very inaccurate. If you drop your eggs on the way home, you're looking at double the price. wink

For some of these easy achievement games it feels like the completion estimates are set by GS speedrunners.
    Which they usually are. They're "set" by an average of submitted times, though. You can usually add an hour or two if you actually want to enjoy your games.
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx401,128
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 11:15, Edited on 26 January 22 at 11:16 by ITS ALivEx
    "Every argument you make has probably been debated into the ground, back up and down into it again" -Dr Doppelklick
  • CanezzaCanezza220,643
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 11:41, Edited on 26 January 22 at 11:42 by Canezza
    Ecologist0 said:
    Haseo ATC said:
    Ah, no, that's my bad. I usually change the estimate for episodic games to include the estimated times for all the episodes, but I missed that one! Have fixed.
    TA & TT Senior Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 12:46
    IronMonkey415 said:
    But since I’m rich and very lonely, can i buy these cheap turd and play them?
    Sure. Bon appetite!

Flipy Fliperson said:
    Boots Orion said:
    Railway Empire: Complete Collection
    I've had my eye on that one for a while. Annoying that the complete edition isn't complete.
    For sure. When the sales were announced Monday night, I saw that the unincluded DLC (Japan) was on sale, so I bought it. It wasn't a deep discount, but I saved $5. It's no longer on sale unfortunately.

On that topic though, there are several complete editions that aren't complete. It's quite annoying in general as it's misleading, and you have to double and triple check to ensure what you get in the "complete edition" so you know if that's all you'll have to buy.

I think Final Fantasy XIII is the worst abuser...but that Vermintide game has an Ultimate Edition that doesn't include the most expensive DLC. Borderlands 3 also had multiple season passes, but at least there is an edition that includes everything.
  • Arma9edd0nArma9edd0n339,087
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 13:06, Edited on 26 January 22 at 13:07 by Arma9edd0n
    Wandersong is neither fantastic nor garbage. However, it is a decent game and I do not regret the time I put in to play through it properly. $4.99 feels like the right price to pay for it if you're going to actually play the game.
  • Posted on 26 January 22 at 13:51
    That 1-2 hour completion rate on Dead Dungeon is a lie.
    I've never hated a game more, got it working with the Xbox Controller on the PC, still hasn't helped, hit box on the character is fucking awful. WORST PLATFORMER EVER.
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef126,708
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 14:13
    Haseo ATC said:
    And that’s why I always, always add some extra time to theirs. I’m a slow gamer in general anyway so it’s just safer. Also happened to make a mistake on that exact game not once but twice lol.
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,288,359
    Posted on 26 January 22 at 14:27
    NMANOZ said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Anyone who buys Wandersong and uses level skip is doing themselves a great disservice. It's a fantastic game and an easy completion.
    I disagree, I am glad that I used level skip. That was enough for me to see it was rubbish.
    Curious at what point you used level skip. After the first level? If you went by the aesthetics, then the game is a bit underwhelming. The story and characters however were wonderful and made it a great experience for me.
    This space for rent.
  • DiegoTanDiegoTan488,917
    Posted on 27 January 22 at 09:55
    MrZombieChicken said:
    I agree wholeheartedly. One of the best games of the decade for me. I never cried as much as with this game, it touched something deep within me. Also the music is absolutely fantastic.
    Please make a better reply and notification system True Achievements...
  • SmiththedudeSmiththedude1,530,857
    Posted on 27 January 22 at 18:14
    ABZU doesn't get enough love. It's a truly beautiful game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.