The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (February 17th)

  • DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 20:31
    The week's Xbox Sales are offering up a huge selection of discounted games. As such, the TA news team has thoroughly dissected the available titles to offer you their top picks. It's an action-packed ride here on out...

    Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (February 17th)
  • RDSRDS408,413
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 20:39, Edited on 17 February 22 at 20:39 by RDS
    Fun fact: World War Z is based on a book by Max Brooks. (Obviously, the film is also an adaptation of that novel.)
  • Posted on 17 February 22 at 21:05
    Spec ops: the line for me. Sounds like its right up my alley!
  • Not JonniNot Jonni1,424,281
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 21:23
    Spec Ops the line is AMAZING, god speed on those going for the 100%. The FUBAR difficulty is mad
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,473,522
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 21:23
    Evergate is one of the best puzzle platformers ever made and more people need to play it! Wonderfully charming story and incredibly clever levels. Only $6 this week. Highly recommended.

    Yakuza Like a Dragon and Hollow Knight are both currently in game pass, but they won't stay there forever and they are also some of the best games ever. I recommend them even though they're in game pass.

    Wingspan seems like a really fun card game, but I haven't really played much yet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • Posted on 17 February 22 at 21:28
    Recently finished Spec Ops: The Line (had a 360 copy for years sitting on my shelf, decided to play it after the previous Team Pick article). Worth the $5.99, even with its graphics and control short comings. Storyline has a couple WTF moments. Played it on suicide difficulty and it’s comparable to COD Veteran. My biggest complaint is that a checkpoint in the middle of some of the more challenging levels would have made it less stressful. Being so close to the end of a level and buying it from a stray grenade or an enemy soldier (who wasn’t in that spot before) became maddening. But overall, good game and achievements are not too difficult. That’s NOT including the most difficult setting…”FUBAR”. Whoever plays it, hope you enjoy it!
  • Posted on 17 February 22 at 22:05
    PlayUltimate711 said:
    Wingspan seems like a really fun card game, but I haven't really played much yet.
    Big board game player here and been meaning to try Wingspan for ages as I hear great things about it. One day!
  • Posted on 17 February 22 at 22:13, Edited on 17 February 22 at 22:17 by Leo Ascendent
    Picked up Stories Untold (check it out, great "episodic", text based game), seen a playthrough on YouTube years ago, but loved THAT so much I'm picking up the game. Great deal for only $2.50 (usd)

    Edit 1: Stories Untold, not Untold Stories.

    Edit 2: $10 was original price, $2.50 is insane sale price. Wow!
    Come check me out on Twitch, support your TA streamers - twitch.tv/leo_ascendent
  • SPOONYxBARDSPOONYxBARD1,261,691
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 22:14
    Not Jonni said:
    Spec Ops the line is AMAZING, god speed on those going for the 100%. The FUBAR difficulty is mad
    There were a few sequences that were unforgiving ( I recall being at the bottom of an elevator shaft or something) but it's not too bad. That's what I remember anyway, a fun challenge.
  • DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 23:08
    RDS said:
    Fun fact: World War Z is based on a book by Max Brooks. (Obviously, the film is also an adaptation of that novel.)
    Thanks for this, I didn't realise that. I'm going to order myself a copy!
    Staff Writer - TrueAchievements / TrueTrophies Xbox Ambassador/Insider/Achievement Hunter Find Me - Xbox / Twitter / Instagram / Youtube
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,989
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 23:09
    DeathHunts#9248 said:
    The TA news team has thoroughly dissected the available titles to offer you their top picks. It's an action-packed ride here on out.
    And the winner is…

    Drumroll…

    Sadly, none of the above. Not when CODE VEIN Deluxe Edition is available discounted at 80%.

    If it hadn’t been for the mouth-watering premiere edition of the under-rated Code Vein; one would have to go with Yakuza: Like a Dragon Legendary Hero Edition. It usually retails for a whopping 90 USD but now it’s discounted 60% to 35.99 USD—only 6 USD than the 50% discounted Yakuza: Like a Dragon standard edition that doesn’t include the impressive bonus content. I’m surprised that @KesStephenson & @BulbAssured who included Like a Dragon in an article they wrote on the best XBox open world games didn’t jump all over that one. They’re probably scrambling right now to change their selections. smile
  • Buck FananaBuck Fanana104,740
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 23:32
    Team these new ads y’all have for Warhammer are incredibly intrusive to the user experience
  • Posted on 17 February 22 at 23:40
    Allgorhythm said:
    I’m surprised that @KesStephenson & @BulbAssured who included Like a Dragon in an article they wrote on the best XBox open world games didn’t jump all over that one. They’re probably scrambling right now to change their selections. smile
    We don’t change selections - there’s always next time! Like a Dragon is amazing though. Code Vein left me a bit cold from the little I played, seems like something I should like but just couldn’t get into it.
  • SPOONYxBARDSPOONYxBARD1,261,691
    Posted on 17 February 22 at 23:46
    Buck Fanana said:
    Team these new ads y’all have for Warhammer are incredibly intrusive to the user experience
    It's to incentivize you to pay for Pro membership. Same thing YouTube does.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,086,359
    Posted on 18 February 22 at 00:31
    It’s actually kind of amazing that Heidi always picks games up my alley that I also don’t own.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 18 February 22 at 01:56
    Ctrl Ctrl Fast said:
    Spec ops: the line for me. Sounds like its right up my alley!
    Do yourself a favor and don’t use a Walkthrough. I cannot explain why without ruining it for the same reasons a walkthrough would ruin it. First play through is once in a lifetime and there’s nothing else like it.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 18 February 22 at 01:59, Edited on 18 February 22 at 02:00 by TymanTheLong
    It’s worth noting about Thronebreaker

    - the version of GWENT is not the F2P GWENT version, it’s much simpler

    - the game allows you to auto-win the card puzzles and matches, this doesn’t affect outcome or achievements (other than achievements that can only be accomplished during a match)

    - for those who stress about the unknowable consequences of decisions and just want to know, you can look them all up in a massive Steam thread about Decisions and Consequences (just DuckDuckGo it, it’ll be there).
  • Posted on 18 February 22 at 02:01
    TymanTheLong said:
    Ctrl Ctrl Fast said:
    Spec ops: the line for me. Sounds like its right up my alley!
    Do yourself a favor and don’t use a Walkthrough. I cannot explain why without ruining it for the same reasons a walkthrough would ruin it. First play through is once in a lifetime and there’s nothing else like it.
    An achievement guide walkthrough or a walkthrough to get through the story?
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 18 February 22 at 02:20
    Ctrl Ctrl Fast said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    Ctrl Ctrl Fast said:
    Spec ops: the line for me. Sounds like its right up my alley!
    Do yourself a favor and don’t use a Walkthrough. I cannot explain why without ruining it for the same reasons a walkthrough would ruin it. First play through is once in a lifetime and there’s nothing else like it.
    An achievement guide walkthrough or a walkthrough to get through the story?
    Don’t use either. Play it organically. You’ll probably start to get why I said this about 3/4 of the way through.
  • k3lt0nk3lt0n217,793
    Posted on 18 February 22 at 03:15
    Welp you convinced me to try Thronebreaker. Great price.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.