Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The best EA Play games included with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

• CanezzaCanezza219,138
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 16:00
    With EA Play adding even more games to the already stacked Xbox Game Pass line-up, it's hard to know what to play first. Here are some of our top picks from the EA Play library.

Please click here to read the full story: The best EA Play games included with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
  • HmizzzHmizzz568,471
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 16:48
    I still struggle to find the appeal in It Takes Two, one of the most overrated games ever
  • tenjacktentenjackten538,104
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 16:48
    Not to be negative about your article, but none of these have achievements. That means I will only play the Xbox versions.
  • LYarbrou543LYarbrou543406,330
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 16:51
    tenjackten said:
    Not to be negative about your article, but none of these have achievements. That means I will only play the Xbox versions.
    I don't think you're being negative, it's a valid criticism. I had to figure out the hard way there weren't any achievements.
  • Posted on 26 February 22 at 16:52
    tenjackten said:
    I'm confused! They all have achievements and are the xbox versions! Unless I missed something?
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,402,056
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 16:53, Edited on 26 February 22 at 16:54 by xPut Name Herex
    tenjackten said:
    Every one of the games mentioned has achievements. Their achievement pages are linked in the article, or in the "Related Items" box in the top right of desktop view.
  • Posted on 26 February 22 at 17:14
    Lost in Limbo said:
    tenjackten said:
    I'm confused! They all have achievements and are the xbox versions! Unless I missed something?
    I too am confused. How do they not have achievements?
  • Rista BRista B789,323
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 17:20, Edited on 26 February 22 at 17:22 by Rista B
    Agree that BF2BC was the best Battlefield. That game was the best MP. Haven't tried Burnout so maybe I need to look into that one some. Fallen Order was a good start but felt like it wasn't complete. Maybe because they meant to have a sequel all along. Never played a couple of the others but can't go wrong with ME or DA. Shame that EA let those franchises sit for so long.

Also I just played through Anthem and I know that game got a ton of hate at launch but it's really a solid game right now. Loading times are still really long as it tries to matchmake you and there are still a few bugs but if anyone has thought about it and passed it's worth a try.
    "There's never been anything, however absurd, that myriads of people weren't prepared to believe"
  • Posted on 26 February 22 at 17:31
    Very tempted by ME I must admit even though I've never played a minute of the originals.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • ADonkeysMeowADonkeysMeow575,761
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 17:33
    The sad part is half of this list is games from the Xbox 360. It just show how sad EA has progressed through the years. EA is very focused on remaking the same games over and over.
  • gtbikegtbike696,334
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 17:42
    a bag of purp said:
    Lost in Limbo said:
    tenjackten said:
    I too am confused. How do they not have achievements?
    EA Play games on PC Game Pass don't have Xbox achievements. Only the Xbox console versions do.
  • pontet4pontet49,513
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 17:57
    Hmizzz said:
    I still struggle to find the appeal in It Takes Two, one of the most overrated games ever
    The story is somewhat annoying (especially for those of us who have lived through a divorce in our families) -- but the gameplay is freakin amazing! The co-op 3D platform gameplay is the best I've ever played (and I've played most/all games in this genre). Consistently tight, consistently inventive -- my kids and I played the whole way through with a smile on our faces (except when skipping through the dumb unlikable-character dialogue). Games like this are rare these days: true cooperative joy that doesn't get boring.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf613,456
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 18:05
    titanfall 1 was so much better then 2, 2 was a steaming pile of poop.
  • JuiceOmegaJuiceOmega1,060,156
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 18:06
    TheGillesMuller said:
    Very tempted by ME I must admit even though I've never played a minute of the originals.
    Go for it! You're genuinely missing out on one of gamings greatest franchises. The first is a bit janky but stick with it because 2 and 3 are really amazing.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf613,456
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 18:06
    and where is plants vs zombies modern warfare? this list needs some major work.
  • DanixpxdDanixpxd359,482
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 18:49
    LethalBizzzzzle said:
    TheGillesMuller said:
    Go for it! You're genuinely missing out on one of gamings greatest franchises. The first is a bit janky but stick with it because 2 and 3 are really amazing.
    The thing about Mass Effect trilogy is cohesive narrative along the three titles. Most of your choices will have variants in later missions, characters or even plot later on. If you go blind, your actions will be more powerful.

ME1 will set the tune and mystery for the bigger plot. ME2 will focus on your companions and your relationship with them. ME3 will go into zero-hour being the most "action-focused".
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE692,103,426
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 18:52
    I wish EA games had achievement support on PC. Also sucks loading up battlefield on the PC through gamepass and seeing all of my progress isn't shared.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007256,823
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 18:53, Edited on 26 February 22 at 18:57 by FireDrake007
    From that list I am done with Star Wars Fallen Order which was a lot of fun.

Next month I plan to work on Mass Effect Legendary Edition next. Since they are on Gamepass, I was thinking of playing the original Xbox 360 versions as well at the same time to get double the achievements and be able to access Pinnacle station which has been removed from the remaster.
  • Posted on 26 February 22 at 18:55
    Never could get in to Mass Effect but might give it another try. Is it bundled together or can you download just one of the games?
    Titanfall 2 was almost perfect, that level with the house building assembly line was so fun.
  • uberJamesuberJames469,445
    Posted on 26 February 22 at 19:01
    rocking23nf said:
    titanfall 1 was so much better then 2, 2 was a steaming pile of poop.
    As long as we're only talking about multiplayer, I agree!

Also, BC2 was the peak of Battlefield despite them making many great entries in the series after it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.