The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (March 3rd)

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 03 March 22 at 19:00
    This week's Xbox sales may be offering huge discounts on games published by EA and Bandai Namco, but there are plenty of other titles up for grabs outside of those publishers.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (March 3rd)
  • Posted on 03 March 22 at 19:08
    Ghostrunner is great, highly recommended. The game is difficult but because of the very generous checkpoint system it's not noticeable. There's a checkpoint virtually after every encounter. Use a guide for collectibles.
  • EYEHUNTER 42EYEHUNTER 42677,087
    Posted on 03 March 22 at 19:25
    XCOM 2 DLC is finally on sale! I've waited about 5 years for this!
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285736,299
    Posted on 03 March 22 at 20:28
    I need to go back and replay Primal. Absolutely loved that game

Don’t snag FIFA if you want to play with a Russian club though….
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie856,539
    Posted on 03 March 22 at 22:21
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Ghostrunner is great, highly recommended. The game is difficult but because of the very generous checkpoint system it's not noticeable. There's a checkpoint virtually after every encounter. Use a guide for collectibles.
    +1. Loved this game.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,713,029
    Posted on 03 March 22 at 22:39
    I do enjoy the far cry series as a whole :) but I gotta say I loved playing primal !!
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,086,359
    Posted on 03 March 22 at 23:05
    Ghostrunner looks good, kinda surprised I’ve never even heard of it. Added to wish list, can wait for a bigger discount.

Far Cry is not really my thing, but I usually like Heidi’s picks so I may look into Primal.
  • oslo2oslo2144,490
    Posted on 04 March 22 at 00:09
    Cringe fifa
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion914,138
    Posted on 04 March 22 at 02:15, Edited on 04 March 22 at 02:18 by Boots Orion
    Cool to see FC Primal love. It and FC2 seem to be the two entries that are revered the least. I think the average reviews for FC2 here on TA have more to do with achievement requirements than the game itself though. It was critically acclaimed when it was released.

Also, I'd consider getting the Zombie game but what would happen is I'd play it over games I paid way more $$$ for.

About Xcom 2, I purchased the complete edition when it hit what I thought would be the lowest possible price ever. Boy was I wrong.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • Posted on 04 March 22 at 05:35
    FYI for the "Ghostrunner" pick, game got an expansion today, "Project_Hel", so if you enjoy the base game you might want to give the expansion a look.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv810,803
    Posted on 04 March 22 at 07:54, Edited on 04 March 22 at 07:55 by Schinderdiv
    I made a mistake of playing my first Xcom 2 campaign with all DLC installed, and ended up getting a rescue mission where the viper AND berserker alien rulers came at me with pure revenge in mind after I failed to destroy them when running into them on previous missions. The two at once instantly destroyed nearly everything I had built up in one fell swoop. I've had a lot of trouble picking up the game after that, it crushed me cry
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,147
    Posted on 04 March 22 at 08:12, Edited on 04 March 22 at 08:16 by EarthboundX
    I saw a comment that said XCOM 2 is so damned cheap atm because they are shutting down the MP servers soon. Is that just a rumor? I ask because even though I already have it, the game does have that one online achievement to play a MP match.

I already have the physical complete edition of the game, but that's a damn good price for it and most of its DLC.
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x779,445
    Posted on 04 March 22 at 08:41
    EazyE2285 said:
    I need to go back and replay Primal. Absolutely loved that game

Don’t snag FIFA if you want to play with a Russian club though….
    toast
  • VideoGameOrbVideoGameOrb155,996
    Posted on 04 March 22 at 11:19
    EYEHUNTER 42 said:
    XCOM 2 DLC is finally on sale! I've waited about 5 years for this!
    Sarcasm?
  • Posted on 04 March 22 at 21:18
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    FYI for the "Ghostrunner" pick, game got an expansion today, "Project_Hel", so if you enjoy the base game you might want to give the expansion a look.
    I see you beat me to the first completion on the site! I loved the base game so the DLC was an instant cop for me. The achievements were all challenging, but fair. If you completed the base game, you know what to expect. There are a couple mechanics changes in the DLC that actually might make it slightly easier.

Good luck and happy running to anyone picking this up the first time!
  • Posted on 04 March 22 at 21:40
    FivePartTrilogy said:
    ChiflaGoodluck said:
    I see you beat me to the first completion on the site! I loved the base game so the DLC was an instant cop for me. The achievements were all challenging, but fair. If you completed the base game, you know what to expect. There are a couple mechanics changes in the DLC that actually might make it slightly easier.

Good luck and happy running to anyone picking this up the first time!
    I think most of the achievements are not too bad, only one where it’s a good bit difficult is the pacifist achievement in the 2nd DLC level. (And also the collectibles one as some of them were hard to get to but there is a video guide up now, so pretty free now.) Also, DLC’s a lot easier than the base game with the appropriate upgrades (briefly invulnerable after using your Deflector Shield and retaining 30% of your Rage bar after using your Deflector Shield), even if the main one comes in relatively late.
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx401,128
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 03:37
    XCOM 2 is such a long ass game I'll probably never get to, but $3.99 is no-brainer territory.
    "Every argument you make has probably been debated into the ground, back up and down into it again" -Dr Doppelklick
  • wildwest08wildwest081,655,209
    Posted on 11 March 22 at 06:20
    I would recommend Far Cry Primal to any fan of the series. It is different from the standard releases they do, which was a breath of fresh air for the series
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.