Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

Elden Ring: Key NPCs and where to find them

• Posted on 05 March 22 at 17:15
    Elden Ring will introduce you to a wide, weird, and wonderful cast of supporting characters, but as is so often the case with games like this, it's not always clear what they can actually do, nor where to find them.

Please click here to read the full story: Elden Ring: Key NPCs and where to find them
  • Menion LeahMenion Leah782,869
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 17:24
    The first NPC you mention is called Kalé not Balé.
  • Posted on 05 March 22 at 17:57
    Menion Leah said:
    The first NPC you mention is called Kalé not Balé.
    Haha I can't even read my own scribbled handwriting, thanks, updated.
  • MajimaActualMajimaActual692,470
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 18:00
    An absolute joke of a game. None of these NPCs will be tracked in-game. Have to use pencil and paper. Imagine playing a game like Yakuza or Mass Effect like this.
  • regretregret1,513,504
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 18:09
    MajimaActual said:
    An absolute joke of a game. None of these NPCs will be tracked in-game. Have to use pencil and paper. Imagine playing a game like Yakuza or Mass Effect like this.
    Translation: I've never played a Souls game in my life.
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,163,603
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 18:35
    regret said:
    MajimaActual said:
    laugh
    AKA: HingedMonster
  • Sneaky G WizardSneaky G Wizard1,318,885
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 18:50
    Right now, i'm doing everything without a guide at my own pace. I'm surely going to miss things but there is no way I am spoilering even a single fight. Hacing said that, after I have done my first playthrough, I will be coming back to this thread to see who I missed lol
    I have to politely disagree, they are all better off neither seen nor heard
  • Posted on 05 March 22 at 19:07
    SwearySean said:
    regret said:
    MajimaActual said:
    laugh
    laugh
  • Posted on 05 March 22 at 19:30, Edited on 05 March 22 at 19:31 by BadRubberPiggy
    Sneaky G Wizard said:
    Right now, i'm doing everything without a guide at my own pace. I'm surely going to miss things but there is no way I am spoilering even a single fight. Hacing said that, after I have done my first playthrough, I will be coming back to this thread to see who I missed lol
    I can fully respect that… genuinely believe it’s the best way to experience these games, but I know a lot of non-Souls players have picked this up and will be struggling. That’s why now I’ve finished it, I’m trying to do guide stuff in as non-spoilery a way as I can! I didn’t even mention a lot of the quest NPCs as they are hard to keep track of and can move around based on main story progress as well as quest progression…
  • SirFlubbySirFlubby4,837
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 19:49
    a bag of purp said:
    SwearySean said:
    regret said:
    MajimaActual said:
    laugh
    laugh
    laugh
  • MiST 1001MiST 1001272,653
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 20:00
    already missed couple of key NPCs - seems that some of them vanish after progressing in the story. quite a pain... the struggle of exploring on my own and the knowledge that I may missing some important events/quests.
  • BloodGodAlucardBloodGodAlucard1,890,321
  • Posted on 05 March 22 at 21:09, Edited on 05 March 22 at 21:13 by Leo Ascendent
    regret said:
    MajimaActual said:
    Or a game before the year 2000.

Also, mind if I ask why these articles exist, by that I mean, sure a forum post would be more appropriate? Not a full walkthrough, but not really news either? I assume it's for Google ad words and such since this is probably fairly searched topic. Seems like a shady move to direct traffic. 😉
    Come check me out on Twitch, support your TA streamers - twitch.tv/leo_ascendent
  • AYTSIF ANAVIAYTSIF ANAVI119,834
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 21:10
    SirFlubby said:
    a bag of purp said:
    SwearySean said:
    regret said:
    MajimaActual said:
    laugh

laugh
    laugh
  • PangoBaraPangoBara2,244,582
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 21:28
    Leo Ascendent said:
    regret said:
    MajimaActual said:
    Or a game before the year 2000.

Also, mind if I ask why these articles exist, by that I mean, sure a forum post would be more appropriate? Not a full walkthrough, but not really news either? I assume it's for Google ad words and such since this is probably fairly searched topic. Seems like a shady move to direct traffic. 😉
    Really popular game and the person writing them is prolly addicted to the game right now and is using that to write stuff
  • British LegendsBritish Legends1,063,942
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 21:45
    MajimaActual said:
    Welcome to a FromSoftware game 😂
  • Posted on 05 March 22 at 21:51
    PangoBara said:
    Leo Ascendent said:
    Really popular game and the person writing them is prolly addicted to the game right now and is using that to write stuff
    Pretty much this. Just using my experience to hopefully help a few people. There’s nothing shady about a website publishing guide content… traffic is our lifeblood at the end of the day and news posts do way better than forum posts.
  • LifeExpectancyLifeExpectancy1,703,909
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 22:34
    Article needs a correction: Roderika doesn't go to the roundtable hold right away after giving you the jellyfish. You have to go to Stormveil Castle and get a key item to bring to her. After that she will say she's going to go to the hold. THEN you can find her by the fireplace.
  • British LegendsBritish Legends1,063,942
    Posted on 05 March 22 at 22:40
    LifeExpectancy said:
    Article needs a correction: Roderika doesn't go to the roundtable hold right away after giving you the jellyfish. You have to go to Stormveil Castle and get a key item to bring to her. After that she will say she's going to go to the hold. THEN you can find her by the fireplace.
    For me she went there before I retrieved the item in the castle. I actually spoke to her at the round table before getting the item on the pile of bodies.
  • Posted on 05 March 22 at 23:07, Edited on 05 March 22 at 23:08 by BadRubberPiggy
    British Legends said:
    LifeExpectancy said:
    For me she went there before I retrieved the item in the castle. I actually spoke to her at the round table before getting the item on the pile of bodies.
    Same, I tested it on a new character before writing this up just to be sure. You just need to exhaust her dialogue and she’s there, was for me anyway.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.