Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Telling Lies Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 22 March 22 at 11:53
    Please use this thread to discuss the Telling Lies walkthrough.
  • Information
  • Posted on 04 April 22 at 00:32
    hey wanted to mention unless i missed it in the walkthrough, that you dont have to actually watch or scrub any of the videos. simply opening them and closing them immediately is enough to count as a view
  • PangoBaraPangoBara2,279,554
    Posted on 04 April 22 at 01:17
    xEBx GEN Dread said:
    hey wanted to mention unless i missed it in the walkthrough, that you dont have to actually watch or scrub any of the videos. simply opening them and closing them immediately is enough to count as a view
    Fair enough, probably shoulda mentioned that just in case.

I will add it in and submit it to be fixed
  • ChucklestyleChucklestyle1,288,401
    Posted on 30 April 22 at 00:41
    Solid guide. I think maybe a warning after the 5am achievement might be nice though, something that tells you to close Jane the Ripper since it appears automatically at this point, and you end the game by using it. At least after the ending movie it let me continue back at this point.

Thanks!
  • DeFi CyaNideDeFi CyaNide361,121
    Posted on 27 May 22 at 14:30
    Thanks for the walkthroughs guys. I really appreciate this site
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,716,829
    Posted on 05 September 22 at 14:44
    Fantastic walkthrough!

I noticed that when I missed a video, the achievement that you posted didn't pop until after the next word. D'OH! I missed one video in "baby", and went through the list in REVERSE order thinking it was a later order. Could have saved myself at least 30 min.

So yeah, if an achievement doesn't pop where you are in the list, go back and check for missing videos before going on.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • minisim24minisim24170,789
    Posted on 16 September 22 at 17:15
    Can I echo Chucklestyle's comment above? I think there should be a note at the 5am point telling you to ignore the window that pops up and just keep going with the list.
  • AleranAleran180,286
    Posted on 22 January 23 at 22:41
    When I finished the walkthrough, I had only 169 videos watched. Searching for "Cardinal" gave me the final video.
  • RJ7RJ7322,126
    Posted on 26 January 23 at 19:54
    I ignored the pop up window after 5am, and when I finished using all the search terms it was still at 135. Closing the Ripper window and reopening it updated it to 170.

Thank you for the guide!
  • Sgt Al PowelSgt Al Powel662,258
    Posted on 28 January 23 at 10:02
    Top notch walkthrough, I managed to miss a search term before 4am but was easy to see what I'd missed.

Ended up with 169 at the end but it was Smith, definitely one to sit through in one session just in case you do miss one, try keep it fresh on your mind where you're at.

I realised midway through that if I'd already watched the clip I didn't need to click back in and open/close it again, not sure if this was clear to everyone else.

Thanks
  • Posted yesterday at 15:31, Edited yesterday at 16:19 by TernarySauce798
    I’ve tried everything to get the Animal Logic achievement to pop. Wiped save data and ran through to that part of the game 3 times. Not to mention the amounts times I’ve typed it in. Guess I won’t be getting this completion.

Edit: I downloaded it on PC and it still didn’t work. Is anyone else having this issue?
    TernarySauce798
  • NZT21NZT21146,257
    Posted yesterday at 20:31
    TernarySauce798 said:
    I’ve tried everything to get the Animal Logic achievement to pop. Wiped save data and ran through to that part of the game 3 times. Not to mention the amounts times I’ve typed it in. Guess I won’t be getting this completion.

Edit: I downloaded it on PC and it still didn’t work. Is anyone else having this issue?
    I had the same problem. Make sure you type it into the search correctly (dont mix up ' with ` and make sure to use lowercase "L"). After you searched for it, press the "search" button a few times again and it should unlock. I played only on Xbox.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.