The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (March 31st)

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 19:23
    This week's Xbox sales have given the TA news team a chance to set out on exciting adventures. We've navigated through portals, experienced storybook tales in mystical lands, and even searched through the trash...

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (March 31st)
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,288,359
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 19:34
    Valiant Hearts is a fantastic game with a lot of heart. If you're a history fan you'll appreciate it even more since WWI is not as popular a backdrop as WWII in games.

Child of light was also a very pleasant experience. Beware that it has a discontinued achievement though.
    This space for rent.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,473,522
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 19:37, Edited on 31 March 22 at 20:14 by PlayUltimate711
    If you like great stories and don’t need a lot of deep gameplay then torment tides of numenera is incredible. There is some combat, but it’s pretty light and the overwhelming majority of the game is more story focused. Some people make jokes about how it’s the best book they’ve ever played or the best game they’ve ever read. It is very heavily dialogue focused and a lot of reading.
    Yakuza 6 is great, although I would recommend 0 and 1 first. Lost judgment is absolutely incredible, although I would recommend playing Judgment first and if you want to play Like a Dragon at some point then Lost Judgment does have some nontrivial spoilers for LaD.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • CasteriskNTCasteriskNT1,138,559
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 19:42, Edited on 31 March 22 at 22:40 by CasteriskNT
    Edit: Nope; servers were shut down. My mistake.

Child of Light includes a system allowing players to share Oculi gems with other players. The gems are very useful for making your character stronger, but they require a bit if grinding to level them up. Finding someone to give you strong Oculi gems (like the Princess stone) could give you a huge advantage from the start. It might be worth asking players who recently completed the game.
  • TearsOfAClown9TearsOfAClown91,312,474
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 19:47
    Patiently waiting for the Spring Sale!
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,190,443
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 19:56
    Child of Light and Valiant Hearts are great recommendations. Valiant Hearts also does a great job of touching on WW1, something a lot of games fail to do very well. If you enjoy it, another awesome WW1 story driven game I have played recently was 11-11 Memories Retold which, while not on sale, I'd recommend as well.
  • Gacu88PLGacu88PL55,055
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 20:01
    👍
  • ianffianff850,530
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 20:05
    Great recommendations and they are all under $5!
  • Posted on 31 March 22 at 20:09
    I was not impressed with Child of Light, to be honest. Not sure why.
    Come check me out on Twitch, support your TA streamers - twitch.tv/leo_ascendent
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,086,359
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 20:13
    How do you get the Portal Proficiency DLC? Am I missing something?
  • Posted on 31 March 22 at 20:45
    Valiant Hearts is a must for anybody! Fantastic game. Really pulls on the okd heart strings that one
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285736,299
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 20:54
    Need to go back to Valiant Hearts. Not sure why I ever stopped it once I started as I remember enjoying it.

The trash one is probably that cheap because it wasn’t expensive to begin with and isn’t selling well at all due to basic design and jump in difficulty
  • Posted on 31 March 22 at 21:07
    Trash quest with a trash panda. Colour me intrigued sir
    Daniel Jackson/ultramarine360
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,989
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 21:13
    DeathHunts#9248 said:
    This week's Xbox sales have given the TA news team a chance to set out on exciting adventures. We've navigated through portals, experienced storybook tales in mystical lands, revisited history, and even searched through the trash to offer up our prime pick-ups of the week...
    And the winner is…

Drum roll…

@KesStephenson for Valiant Hearts: The Great War
    KesStephenson said:
    Maybe I’m misremembering, but I feel like Valiant Hearts — a platformer where you take three different characters through WWI — came out of a very different Ubisoft, one that dared to make smaller and more experimental titles.
    No, you’re not misremembering. This is a game that packs a visceral punch. Its unique experience lingers with one long after moving on to other games. Well chosen.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,407,509
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 21:33
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Somehow, it is only available from in the game. It has no independent marketplace entry that can be seen outside the game.
  • LockieLockie747,510
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 21:41
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Much like the RAGE 2 DLC you have to buy it from the ingame menu. It's annoying because it never gets discounted in these sales as a result. It's only like $7 though I think.
    Console: Series X on an LG CX // PC: Ryzen 5 5600X w/ RTX 3060 Ti
  • Boss MonsterBoss Monster679,026
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 22:16
    casterisknt said:
    Child of Light includes a system allowing players to share Oculi gems with other players. The gems are very useful for making your character stronger, but they require a bit if grinding to level them up. Finding someone to give you strong Oculi gems (like the Princess stone) could give you a huge advantage from the start. It might be worth asking players who recently completed the game.
    You can't share them anymore as the servers have been shut down. This means you also can no longer get the achievement for gifting gems.
    Shut your crap, York.
  • CasteriskNTCasteriskNT1,138,559
    Posted on 31 March 22 at 22:37
    A Boss Monster said:
    You can't share them anymore as the servers have been shut down. This means you also can no longer get the achievement for gifting gems.
    Oops. It's been a while since I played. Thanks for the correction.
  • MiST 1001MiST 1001274,793
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 00:19
    Even that child of light is a real gem, I find it hard to recommend. not due to the game, it is good, but more due to Ubisoft approach of closing the servers and not bothering to update the game. Unfortunately, I learned about that only after I bought the game.
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 04:46
    Trash Quest sounded great until the word “speedrun”. 🙁
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.