TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Assassin's Creed Discussion - Spoiler Free

• Information
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 00:00
    Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to ask questions about Assassin's Creed, report in as you make your way through the game for the first time, and otherwise keep it all spoiler-free in here.
  • Jazzy201Jazzy2011,558,299
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 04:35
    I doubt that it has aged well, but this was a classic of it's time. The beginning of one of my favorite gaming series~
    Game recognizes game playa...and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now-
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 05:13
    I still remember playing this game back on 360 years ago, I absolutely loved it. Who would have thought it would have turned into the mega series it has become. So many great games in this series over the years, definitely one of my favorite series all time
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 09:09, Edited on 01 April 22 at 09:10 by Thragg Avenger
    When this first came out, it blew my mind - the level design and immersion were so much beyond anything I'd played before. My brain genuinely started picking out climbing points on buildings for weeks after I played it. I can't believe it seems so dated and limited now!

I don't understand why this is the only game in the AC franchise that didn't get an Xbox One remaster - they did the AC2 Ezio collection, AC3, AC4, AC Rogue and AC Liberation, but not the original game. I get that it's a little clunky compared to AC2, but still...
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 09:21
    I actually played the Ezio trilogy before I played the first game. Definitely not the right way to play any series haha
  • Hurn WeaselHurn Weasel125,762
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 09:24
    A slow start to a series that went on to be superb, but this instalment is not great
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 09:35
    Even when this was new i found it a boring, repetitive slog to play, obviously the Assassin's Creed series went on to much bigger and better things but at the time i thought it was dull and i still do now. Once Ezio came on to the scene it was onwards and upwards but i never particularly enjoyed this one
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 09:37
    Jazzy201 said:
    I doubt that it has aged well, but this was a classic of it's time. The beginning of one of my favorite gaming series~
    On Xbox One X (and Series X), the game has been given a 4k 60 fps update with refined graphics, it is almost like a free remaster. But the gameplay is still a bit heavy. The atmosphere remains at the top and never equaled on the other games of the series.
  • FlumptiganFlumptigan80,410
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 09:42, Edited on 01 April 22 at 15:47 by Flumptigan
    Good to look at but pretty dodgy to play, and that was fifteen years ago, so can't imagine it's got any better over all of that time. I won't be going back to this one even with so many of those bloody feathers flags still uncollected
  • VirtuMintVirtuMint20,170
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 09:47
    I might load this up on the Series X to see what the update looks like but a new lick of paint can't disguise the problems with how it has always played
    Drink bleach
  • RiBoPRiBoP578,304
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 14:18
    It's been a while but perhaps a good time to go for the collectible-achievements which I don't already have. Will also check it out at the Series X to see how it looks there. Good luck everybody!
  • Blue RadiumBlue Radium1,147,277
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 14:25
    Flags. Why did it have to be flags...
  • JDA27JDA271,031,308
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 15:44
    Started the game in Jan 2011, but didn't get too far and didn't really enjoy it too much xD finally got around to finishing it in June 2020 and not too bad apart from those flags. I always manage to miss one >.<
  • SaurvivalistSaurvivalist472,940
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 16:29
    Enjoy the flags everyone!
    https://discord.gg/thegreatvalley
  • LukosterLukoster199,573
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 16:47
    It's incredible how good this game looks for a 2007 release, primarily thanks to the 60 FPS / 4K update. Despite some hurdles like the combat or lackluster collectible system, this game could stand up on its own against some releases of this year.

Being an amazing start to a large series of a very famous video game, I heavily encourage first-timers to delve into the following installments as well.
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 18:32
    Not sure how well it will have aged but I remember this being revolutionary in it's time. If you're just starting out, good luck collecting all the flags laugh
  • OLOTOLOT1,031,128
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 19:12
    Fond memories of this one...
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm588,658
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 19:40
    I haven't finished Sekiro yet from last month's Playlist, but I'm installing AC as I type. Then, I have to juggle it with the 3 April targets as well. facepalm
  • S GTS GT304,692
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 20:19
    gonna play this one for sure
  • PopCountryPopCountry252,907
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 20:26
    this gives me an excuse to replay it on the Xbox series S, tried it on 360 years ago though I don't think I finished it
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.