TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Assassin's Creed Discussion - Spoilers

• Information
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 00:00
    Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to speak freely about Assassin's Creed and assume anything goes in here.
  • BrasshandeBrasshande1,459,750
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 09:16
    As great as the series has gone on to become, one of my favourites, the first game seemed even at the time of release to be a bit boring and repetitive, more of a proof of concept than an especially entertaining game. Things obviously picked up drastically with AC2 but the first always seemed to be a demonstration of technology more than anything fun. And that's all before any mention of all of those flags they threw in roll
    D'yuz gan at death speed?
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 11:06
    I remember following the trailers for this game when it was first announced and was so excited for the dynamic crowd interactions and what you could do. Vividly remember playing through the first game and loving it, even though it got a little repetitive by the end. This was before I was really into achievements, so was blissfully unaware of the flag tracking (or lack thereof).

I really enjoy the whole AC series because of this game.

Fun fact: After you finish the main story, you can slaughter the entire town of Masayaf without any penalty to your synchronisation. I discovered that by accident laugh
  • SaurvivalistSaurvivalist605,328
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 16:29
    Enjoy the flags everyone!
    https://discord.gg/thegreatvalley
  • Posted on 01 April 22 at 16:39
    ManicMetalhead said:
    I remember following the trailers for this game when it was first announced and was so excited for the dynamic crowd interactions and what you could do. Vividly remember playing through the first game and loving it, even though it got a little repetitive by the end. This was before I was really into achievements, so was blissfully unaware of the flag tracking (or lack thereof).

I really enjoy the whole AC series because of this game.
    Same here, I don't mind the repetition nearly as much as others do (I think it was Unity that really stretched my patience on that front) but I didn't get all the collectible achievements until years later. I just really enjoyed the freedom of scoping out an area for points of entry and choosing my own route to the target.
    "Are any of you kids up for adoption?"
  • Cylon 118Cylon 118574,874
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 16:57
    I feel like im in the minority but i think this one is better than alot of the ones that followed for a while as i enjoyed them but didnt really think any where as cool till revelations which of course ties in tightly to this one with the two main characters of the first few games kind of meeting. Of course my fav is origins followed very closely by black flag but i have still yet to play odyssey or Valhalla so i cant give my opinion on them yet but every other main line ac game i have played!
  • KinectNinjaKinectNinja853,263
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 17:10
    i got the remaster collection installed but i dont think 1 is in there sadly i need to buy that on sale someday
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,968
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 19:42
    Cylon 118 said:
    I feel like im in the minority but i think this one is better than alot of the ones that followed for a while as i enjoyed them but didnt really think any where as cool till revelations which of course ties in tightly to this one with the two main characters of the first few games kind of meeting. Of course my fav is origins followed very closely by black flag but i have still yet to play odyssey or Valhalla so i cant give my opinion on them yet but every other main line ac game i have played!
    Yes. I played it on the PS3. Enjoyed it tremendously. Great story--I liked the juxtaposition of the historical & SciFi. Solid gold stealth play. No MP & the list goes on.
  • Dresden N7Dresden N7556,567
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 19:43, Edited on 01 April 22 at 19:44 by Dresden N7
    Fun Fact: AC1 was heavily inspired by (and might be considered a loose adaption of) Alamut by Vladimir Bartol. Except for all that present day stuff, of course.
    Posted on 01 April 22 at 21:04
    Dresden N7 said:
    Fun Fact: AC1 was heavily inspired by (and might be considered a loose adaption of) Alamut by Vladimir Bartol. Except for all that present day stuff, of course.
    Yes. Written in Slovenian even though Bartol was fluent in other languages like Italian & French that would have provided the book with larger audiences.

In spite of that, Alamut had extensive influence & brought the story of Hassan-i Sabbah and the Hashshashin into western popular culture.
  • guycarbguycarb450,472
    Posted on 02 April 22 at 00:13
    How the series has changed since this one eh? I miss the old days of AC as I’m less of an RPG fan. I could have done without the glitches in the cut scenes so I didn’t always have to be at the ready or button mash through them.

More than anything though, I think that they missed a big opportunity with the early reveal of modern day Desmond in the animus - imagine playing through 70-80% of the game before being pulled out of the simulation?! That’d be right up there with the “would you kindly” from BioShock!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 April 22 at 02:56
    I need to see the movie of this game to see what the fuss is all about lol
  • FalensaranoFalensarano1,210,594
    Posted on 02 April 22 at 08:56
    This is probably the best assassination Assassin’s Creed game but the standard combat was awful. This would have been fine if the game didn’t just force you to fight tonnes of dudes at the end!
  • snake42069snake420691,688,590
    Posted on 02 April 22 at 15:41
    I just rewatched the trailer and it is still an amazing vid. The one for brotherhood is still my favorite though.

The only thing I didnt like about the game is how the game transitioned you between areas, and that you werent allowed to visit all areas from the beginning, hitting the glitch wall whenever you tried.
    https://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/snake42069.png
  • Lime JellyLime Jelly291,890
    Posted on 02 April 22 at 17:46
    I can still remember the vertigo inducing view from some of the high points!
    I am the prisoner of the paradise I dreamed
    Posted on 02 April 22 at 21:06
    Falensarano said:
    This is probably the best assassination Assassin’s Creed game but the standard combat was awful. This would have been fine if the game didn’t just force you to fight tonnes of dudes at the end!
    2007 was a great year for new IPs. Later games improved on combat & parkour, but Assassin's Creed deserves full credit as an innovative & original new IP.
  • LeeDoc40LeeDoc40635,429
    Posted on 03 April 22 at 00:20
    Started with AC:Brotherhood but then played this & 2 & really helped with story. Enjoyed although flags were a pain for completion
  • Barker GuruBarker Guru685,342
    Posted on 03 April 22 at 00:23
    Saurvivalist said:
    Enjoy the flags everyone!
    oh god! shock
    http://gaming.youtube.com/c/BarkerGuruGamer
  • XynvincibleXynvincible1,101,980
    Posted on 03 April 22 at 01:18
    Ahh, my first completion ever! For that reason, it will always hold a special place in my heart, despite how dated it is today and how clunky the combat was even back then.
  • Posted on 03 April 22 at 03:21
    guycarb said:
    More than anything though, I think that they missed a big opportunity with the early reveal of modern day Desmond in the animus - imagine playing through 70-80% of the game before being pulled out of the simulation?! That’d be right up there with the “would you kindly” from BioShock!
    I agree that it may have been better if the introduction of the modern day storyline had occurred at least a little further into the game. Still, the revelation that Desmond is actually in the animus experiencing genetic memories of his ancestor, Altair, is one of my favorite in gaming. Definitely up there with "Would You Kindly?" in BioShock and Revan's identity in Knights of the Old Republic.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.