The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up April 12th, 2022

• Posted on 12 April 22 at 08:30
    Meh
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,481,168
  • VideoGameOrbVideoGameOrb131,762
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 09:19
    While a disappointing sale seems to be par for the course on Xbox lately, I'm kinda glad there's nothing new for me. Gives me more time to make a bit of a dent in the old backlog. My wallet is safe for another week. And I feel like that should be the attitude of more people here. Sometimes it's good to have a meh sale. Maybe now we can give more attention to our backlogs.
  • BizzahsBizzahs470,073
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 09:51
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    MrZombieChicken said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Picked up Persian Nights 2, leaving me with only one Artifex Mundi game to go. Now I need to actually play them....
    Is it The Secret Order: Return to the Buried Kingdom? That's the last need.
    No, Demon Hunter Ascendance. I picked up the one you are missing somewhere along the line.
    Same here, snagged Persian nights 2, and Demon Hunter Ascendance is the only one i have left to fill up collection for me missus!
    Oh well, i wanted to snag it on sale, will have to wait for another i guess ??
  • Aidax89Aidax89561,413
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 12:08
    mkdfan said:
    The Journey Down Trilogy is on sale too for £3.19, cheaper to get that than all 3 separately.
    Still showing as full price for me.
  • mkdfanmkdfan895,806
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 12:36
    Aidax89 said:
    mkdfan said:
    The Journey Down Trilogy is on sale too for £3.19, cheaper to get that than all 3 separately.
    Just checked, you’re right. That’s weird. I defo only spent £3.19. I wonder if they goofed and placed the decimal point in the wrong place seeing as its £31.99, then quickly changed it.
  • VideoGameOrbVideoGameOrb131,762
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 12:52
    mkdfan said:
    Aidax89 said:
    mkdfan said:
    Just checked, you’re right. That’s weird. I defo only spent £3.19. I wonder if they goofed and placed the decimal point in the wrong place seeing as its £31.99, then quickly changed it.
    Likely part of last Tuesday's sale. Given a week has passed, new deals arrive, old deals leave.
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx378,598
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 12:54
    VideoGameOrb said:
    mkdfan said:
    Aidax89 said:
    mkdfan said:
    Likely part of last Tuesday's sale. Given a week has passed, new deals arrive, old deals leave.
    Last week's sale.
    "Every argument you make has probably been debated into the ground, back up and down into it again" -Dr Doppelklick
  • Posted on 12 April 22 at 13:25
    mkdfan said:
    Aidax89 said:
    mkdfan said:
    When I bought it last night around dinnertime it said 8 hours left on the sale, so it wasn't from this sale.
    Hola
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx378,598
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 13:29
    Aidax and mkdfan you've been thoroughly answered laugh
    "Every argument you make has probably been debated into the ground, back up and down into it again" -Dr Doppelklick
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285674,954
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 17:12
    Might grab that 8 for $20. Had Big Pharma and Sim_____ on my wish list but they never drop below those prices so I’ve removed them. Had no idea there was a second youtuber game and saw the original is $30 so removed it as well.

I’ve got enough games with days worth of investment I’ll never finish no need to keep holding out for old stuff
  • MajOcelot2UMajOcelot2U134,781
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 17:28
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeh.
  • CerberustormCerberustorm1,342,736
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 18:05
    Matodion 1st said:
    Cerberustorm said:
    ThreeHaddock62 said:
    Picked up Persian Nights 2, leaving me with only one Artifex Mundi game to go. Now I need to actually play them....
    Glad I ain't the only player who's bought almost all of them and still to play them

As for this week's sales, another meh
    I have two third of them but I am getting really tired of this weird bundling and effy single game pricing.

Also I concur that this sale is meh.
    I have that issue too where I own may 2 of the bundle so I just pass unless they have it on sale individually which is rare
  • RoninSoulyRoninSouly486,663
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 18:29
    Whoever decides on the bundle making for Artifex Mundi needs to have their ass kicked laugh
    It seems so random and impossible to avoid buying duplicates
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me?
  • atryeu1atryeu1382,002
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 20:52
    PhantomPlanetAP said:
    atryeu1 said:
    Fear The People said:
    Meh
    Haha I just looked at the sale and said Meh to myself too and scroll down to comments and there's a long string of people saying the same thing, haha :P

But yeah, meh. Only 360 and maybe PC for me (non gaming computer though). Nothing for 360 for me and nothing jumped out for PC. Might look at a few later but I have other games I need to do on here still anyway so.... meh :P
    I say the same thing, meh! Lol

I had my questions of why MS PC sales would always be so small-scaled and lackluster, and I came up with an answer by simply checking other PC games vendors like Steam, GOG, EPIC Store… probably the marketshare of PC games are occupied by above vendors already, MS is somehow subject to only put games which are not appearing on those vendors, and probably cannot make tons of profits like Xbox console sales. Too bad PC games market is saturated and seems MS didn’t secure a solid piece of pie. Yet it’s a great advantage on PC Game Pass, despite many games got glitches/bugs to be fixed.
    Haha how funny to wake up today to a forum full of "meh" :P

I looked at the few last night, all by Kemco or something? But... meh.... I have to be in the mood for those 8-bit style RPGs and besides, I have that RPG Maker (older version at least) and can just make my own for free at this point if I really want to play one instead. More fun to make your own anyway :P

I recently picked up 2 of my first paid games at Steam during the last so many months. I don't like that they don't tell you the file sizes though which I need to know with my limited bandwidth so I won't buy much there for sure but I picked up Terraria & Graveyard Keeper on a sale sometime back and those will keep me busy along with a few of the free idle clickers :P In the meantime Don't Starve will keep me busy awhile on the MS side of things. I'm stuck trying to unlock the 2 guys through the portal thing still :P
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong476,776
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 21:19
    ThoracicOhio48 said:
    is it worth the gold edition of Greedfall? I know the base game it's on game pass but I have the feeling that it's gonna leave very soon
    There’s only one $5-ish paid DLC. I don’t think the base game is that much cheaper so if it’s a game you want it’s a good deal.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong476,776
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 21:19
    SoulyDconte said:
    Whoever decides on the bundle making for Artifex Mundi needs to have their ass kicked laugh
    It seems so random and impossible to avoid buying duplicates
    Don’t you think that’s kind of the point?
  • Latinfla4Latinfla41,149,974
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 23:21
    8 more artifex mundi games to go...too bad they are like 1 in each collection that I need own the other two so now I am waiting for single deals 😛.
    Thankfully got the nightmares in the deep bundle before it was delisted.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,047,511
    Posted on 12 April 22 at 23:45
    To be expected
  • GsO LightGsO Light210,390 210,390 GamerScore
    Posted on 13 April 22 at 05:14
    360 sales era officially dead, used to see a bunch of games I wanted but they had small discounts, now all delisted redface
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.