Game Discussion: theHunter: Call of the Wild

Which version to buy?

• Posted on 18 April 22 at 14:24
    I want to buy theHunter: Call of the Wild game but I'm not sure which version is worth buying. someone help me? Is it worth buying the 2021 version? to Dianmond Bundle
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,894,923
    Posted on 19 April 22 at 07:39
    I never played this game but my friend did and you can't really win here. The game has two types of DLCs. The ones that cost $8 are additional hunting grounds (maps). This means different environments to explore and different animals to hunt. The rest for $4 is there to make your overall experience better. Different guns, trophy rooms, better equipment or a dog to help you. The developers deliberately didn't make their bundles simple or logical. Instead of the usual basic-better-everything system most games use the current SIX bundles just include portions from the full content. Every single one is just a mix of hunting grounds and equipment. Sure the pricier ones include more but still miss things only other bundles have. Every bundle includes the base game to inflate the price. Since the value of the DLC's completely depend on your personal preference and you don't actually know if You will like the content beforehand... every bundle is a gamble. The developers deliberately created a system where it is more likely than not that you pay for something you won't use and spend additional money to buy something what wasn't in that bundle.

From an achievement hunting perspective you "only" need six DLC maps:
    Medved-Taiga
    Vurhonga Savanna
    Parque Fernando
    Yukon Valley
    Cuatro Colinas Game Reserve
    Silver Ridge Peaks

The Gold Bundle includes 1 map with achievements.
    The Silver Bundle includes 2 maps with achievements.
    The Starter Bundle includes 0 maps with achievements.
    The Diamond Bundle includes 4 maps with achievements.
    The Reserve Bundle includes 3 maps with achievements.
    The 2019 Bundle includes 2 maps with achievements.

You can do the math from here (remember, any additional map is $8 a piece). I have no idea if any of the equipment makes any achievement easier.
  • FFX BrotherhoodFFX Brotherhood1,525,391
    Posted on 22 April 22 at 09:40
    I spoke to you over XBL. But just to reiterate...

The above poster has listed the maps necessary to get all achievements. Weapon packs are helpful but not necessary as some guns are very useful, but certainly not needed. They maps were on sale recently at around £5, not sure what that converts to in your local currency. You'll get a lot of time out of each map, even if you just do the missions; adding on extra time if you choose to leisurely hunt.

I personally handled one map at a time before heading to the next, but this is pure preference. I'd recommend just picking up the maps as you go.

I personally really recommend Vurhonga and Mississippi (although the latter has no achievements, I do enjoy raccoon and Gator hunting). Cuatro and Parque are alright although the achievements are a chore. Not a massive fan of Med-ved, with a general consensus in the community that it's a harder map to hunt. Silver Ridge is very friendly as it's very open with some good vantage points, and it's a pretty easy DLC in terms of achievements.
    I do like it when the red stuff comes out.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads