Game Discussion: TERA

Tera Shutdown on PC

• dresinosdresinos2,744,097
  • ScaliiithScaliiith262,279
    Posted on 20 April 22 at 19:42
    I just came here to post this, I believe this includes console too - though they have a different publisher so who knows, MMO rights get weird.
  • Posted on 22 April 22 at 12:58
    From what I can tell, En Masse Entertainment(console publisher) shut down in 2020, and put Bluehole(developer) completely in charge of the console version. Based on the wording, it sounds like this was the developer's decision and not the PC publisher, but I could be wrong very easily. Better to do it now if you want to complete it however.
  • KiRRAYNEKiRRAYNE729,039
    Posted on 22 April 22 at 13:31
    MMOs are dying in these days, even more so on Console. It's sad to see.
  • Posted on 22 April 22 at 14:03, Edited on 22 April 22 at 14:10 by induvielgamer
    Sad, this is one I wanted to complete at some point, how possible is it to complete it solo and without paying before the deadline?
  • AdmiralMooAdmiralMoo880,883
    Posted on 22 April 22 at 18:51
    induvielgamer said:
    Sad, this is one I wanted to complete at some point, how possible is it to complete it solo and without paying before the deadline?
    Easy solo in about 40 hours. Asian version gave a bunch of freebies leading up to the shutdown that cut that grind down to probably half that
  • The CherishedThe Cherished2,453,687
    Posted on 23 April 22 at 14:24
    AdmiralMoo said:
    induvielgamer said:
    Easy solo in about 40 hours. Asian version gave a bunch of freebies leading up to the shutdown that cut that grind down to probably half that
    Is there an easier way to defeat the level 68 bosses in this one? I had to get a whole team on the Asian version to take them down.
  • Tatl360Tatl360465,220
    Posted on 23 April 22 at 20:08
    I have defeated the bosses on the Asian version alone, but had to get the enchanted gear with some daily bonuses.

Some 3 or 4 are hard and can take more than 40 minutes. And remap your LB button to something less used. LB default is changing a tab, it's stupid.
    RT doesn't need to be attack, it's not a shooting game.
    Change the spell tabs alternation to RT and LT, just like Final Fantasy XI did in 2006... roll
  • AdmiralMooAdmiralMoo880,883
    Posted on 23 April 22 at 20:55
    The Cherished said:
    Is there an easier way to defeat the level 68 bosses in this one? I had to get a whole team on the Asian version to take them down.
    Play brawler. Smart glyph synergy. Have potions to keep mp up but probably not needed. 30-40 mins a piece, no special gear outside of the dungeon drops. Doable on other jobs too, but brawler is easy mode because of endless immunity frames and counters.
    Posted on 25 April 22 at 21:36
    AdmiralMoo said:
    The Cherished said:
    Play brawler. Smart glyph synergy. Have potions to keep mp up but probably not needed. 30-40 mins a piece, no special gear outside of the dungeon drops. Doable on other jobs too, but brawler is easy mode because of endless immunity frames and counters.
    I already picked a Fighter during that free Level 65 event. I suppose you can't change classes?
  • AutumnAutumn478,183
    Posted on 28 April 22 at 04:11, Edited on 28 April 22 at 04:15 by Autumn
    The Cherished said:
    AdmiralMoo said:
    The Cherished said:
    I already picked a Fighter during that free Level 65 event. I suppose you can't change classes?
    Can't change class, no. I'd say the level 68 bosses can be pretty easy to either solo or duo. The full Frostmetal gear you get from turning level 65 is good enough to handle them. Only other things to remember would be: making sure you've equipped crystals to your weapon and body, equipping all your stigma equipment, and making sure to assign (or auto assign) all your glyph points. Everything given to you for level 65 should put your item level around or pretty close to 440. If that's the case and you got your skills down, would probably take about 15 mins soloing a level 68 boss or 8-10 minutes duo. Those estimates aren't anything solid and I'm by no means a Tera expert, just a bit of an estimate from how long it was taking me (did solo on 1 and duo on 2).

I haven't played the Asian server, so I'm not sure how it'd compare to there.
  • Tatl360Tatl360465,220
    Posted on 28 April 22 at 05:30
    Yes the Asian server is all different. Thankfully the locations are the same.
    US server you can do anything with normal gear.
    The 40 minute talk is about the Asian version. Some dungeons are a bit hard on Asian too.
    Posted on 29 April 22 at 02:59
    Tatl360 said:
    Yes the Asian server is all different. Thankfully the locations are the same.
    US server you can do anything with normal gear.
    The 40 minute talk is about the Asian version. Some dungeons are a bit hard on Asian too.
    That gives me much hope, thank you!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads