Game Discussion: Lost Planet 2 (GFWL)

Crashing on launch GFWL

• II TH3PRO IIII TH3PRO II341,836
    Posted on 23 April 22 at 19:28
    If like me you are having problems with the game loading to a black screen and then crashing to desktop follow on. The game was made in a time where CPU's didn't have many cores. Now days with hyperthreading etc, my Intel Core i9 9900K for example has 16 cores. Well this game only likes a max of 6! You must download this file and place it into the games main folder. https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/2365-too-many-...
    Your pc might say the file is risky( potential virus) i can confirm this is a false positive, Microsoft will flag many .dll files as they can alter the registry and therefore break stuff( this won't).
  • MsrossMsross948,184
    Posted on 23 April 22 at 20:09
    So your confirming that new unlocks break ta rules?
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,028,511
    Posted on 23 April 22 at 21:34
    Msross said:
    Nah, I still have an xp windows computer. We po folks still running antique programs
    This message was paid for by China
  • II TH3PRO IIII TH3PRO II341,836
    Posted on 24 April 22 at 07:31, Edited on 24 April 22 at 12:00 by II TH3PRO II
    Msross said:
    How is it breaking TA Rules? It is the only way to be able to play the game on Steam. I paid money for a game that doesn't work. The .dll does not alter anything else other than core affinity so that the game can run on modern systems. It is not modifying the game to make the game easier, it is only so the game can actually run. Also a moderator would also have to confirm your PC specs, which is impossible. So i don't know how they could enforce a rule( how would a mod know if your PC has 6 or more threads). I am actually interested in how it would break TA rules.
  • Games MasterGames Master891,969
    Posted on 24 May 22 at 19:05, Edited on 24 May 22 at 20:44 by Games Master
    Instead of downloading a file I would recommend loading it on a virtual machine and limiting the cores to 6. I believe the method you mentioned isn't in accordance with the TA Cheat Policy but I'll post the policy here for you to decide yourselves.

All profiles on site must comply with the following rules:

Things we do not allow:

Using profile editors, trainers, or similar software to unlock achievements.
    Using a save from a different profile (typically referred to as gamesaving).
    Using a save from a different version or platform (e.g. from Steam to Windows Store) outside of supported game mechanics.
    Profile swapping, also known as the Second Profile Glitch (SPG), which is the practice of transferring a save or game statistics from one profile to another.
    Editing or manipulating game files to unlock achievements, alter achievement requirements or to unlock options disabled by developers.
    Manually adding or editing files in mod-enabled games to unlock achievements or alter achievement requirements.
    Launching a game with command line arguments (or using software to do it for you) for the purpose of unlocking achievements, altering achievement requirements or to unlock options disabled by developers.

Cheating is not limited to the examples in the list above, but they provide guidance for most situations we can think of today. What is listed here can and will be updated as new forms of cheating are discovered.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 June 22 at 21:13
    I would be surprised if TA would not allow this, when it is required to be able to launch the game, let alone play it on modern computers.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.