TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

LIMBO Discussion - Spoilers

• Information
    Posted on 01 May 22 at 00:00
    Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to speak freely about LIMBO and assume anything goes in here.
  • MR MITT3NSMR MITT3NS537,604
    Posted on 01 May 22 at 01:09
    SPOILER ALERT: THIS GAME IS AWESOME! PLAY IT!!!
  • Posted on 01 May 22 at 09:37
    Very good game, doubtful if i'll play it again this month though
  • VirtuMintVirtuMint11,237
    Posted on 01 May 22 at 09:48
    Top game, well worth playing if you haven't already tried it
    Drink bleach
  • Cylon 118Cylon 118524,601
    Posted on 01 May 22 at 09:58
    I had a great deal of fun going through this one again and didnt even realise that the xbox one version of the game had an additional section for that 13th chevo and boy that section was tough i actually found it easier to close my eyes for some of it!! Got everything once again except finish it in one go less that 5 deaths as i just dont have the patience for that one but good luck to everyone else!
  • pezza888pezza888162,849
    Posted on 01 May 22 at 11:49
    Went back to it just now for a quick blast. I do like the game and enjoyed my first playthough years ago.

Unfortunately the "no point in dying" achievement really ruins the list and highlights some of the game's flaws - which in normal gameplay would not be so obvious. Requiring pixel perfect jumping and timing works fine in something like N+, which does have very precise controls, and has small levels which you can practice till you ace them. Limbo isn't as precise control wise, and requiring that kind of perfection across the entire game is a ridiculous ask.

One to revisit if I ever find myself at 99% completion!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm578,976
    Posted on 01 May 22 at 16:42
    Does Limbo have an end-of-story achievement that counts towards the May target?
  • OOGOOG684,584
    Posted on 01 May 22 at 22:04
    Last achievement to complete the game with 5 or less deaths in 1 sitting. Limbo was a very fun game to experience rock
    Zombie Experiencing Nostagia
  • AbyssalOrc33AbyssalOrc33578,894
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 05:59
    Good times. I enjoy watching blind Let's Play and people reacting to various bits in the game. For example, the first encounter with the spider.
  • Remco1986Remco1986281,025
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 06:14
    I keep looking if I'd play this game or not. It's also a nice stack for Windows. But it's the "No Point in Dying" achievement that is holding me back.
  • RiBoPRiBoP562,957
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 07:36
    Great game indeed! Finished the game on the 360 back in 2012 and apparently started Limbo again in 2015 after I got my first XBOX One laugh

Have picked it up again yesterday and will definitely complete the story this month!

Allgorhythm said:
    As for and end-of-story achievement, yes: Limbo has one! So it will count for the May targets I believe.
    LIMBOWhere Credit is DueThe Where Credit is Due achievement in LIMBO worth 152 pointsPerseverance has its own reward

I will probably not go for the completion as well. The No Point in Dying achievement was never very appealing to me in the 360 version and don't think I will go for it now. Like others said, some jumps are pretty tough to time with the controls not being as precise as in other games. Would be very frustrating to mess up some jumps unnecessarily. Or could the cloud-save-trick come in handy here? wink
  • pezza888pezza888162,849
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 08:38
    RiBoP said:
    […]

I will probably not go for the completion as well. The No Point in Dying achievement was never very appealing to me in the 360 version and don't think I will go for it now. Like others said, some jumps are pretty tough to time with the controls not being as precise as in other games. Would be very frustrating to mess up some jumps unnecessarily. Or could the cloud-save-trick come in handy here? wink
    Unfortunately no tricks with cloud saving are possible. You have to do the entire game in one sitting so if you reloaded the game from a save you wouldn’t get the achievement.
  • RiBoPRiBoP562,957
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 09:10
    pezza888 said:
    Unfortunately no tricks with cloud saving are possible. You have to do the entire game in one sitting so if you reloaded the game from a save you wouldn’t get the achievement.
    OK, thanks for clearing that up, then I am sure this is another one I won't complete but enjoy nonetheless! wink
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 12:17
    RiBoP said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    As for and end-of-story achievement, yes: Limbo has one! So it will count for the May targets I believe.
    LIMBOWhere Credit is DueThe Where Credit is Due achievement in LIMBO worth 152 pointsPerseverance has its own reward
    Thanks. That’s good to know. I’m working on 2 games that have story completions & need a 3rd.
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 12:21
    People have mentioned issues with the controls. Is one version—360 or XBox One—better wrt control precision?
  • UselessFATDOGUselessFATDOG1,956,225
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 12:46
    Very good game, like most no dying achievements, practice, practice, practice.
    Its not so daunting, when you know every section thats coming up.
  • SkoochMGSkoochMG469,839
    Posted on 02 May 22 at 14:58, Edited on 02 May 22 at 14:59 by SkoochMG
    Limbo was a fun one. I personally enjoy these types of puzzle games a lot - games that bring some relatively unique element, setup a few creative puzzles, and offer a relatively quick overall play time (see also: Hue, Pedestrian, Swapper, etc). Limbo has the creative puzzles and a really unique art style. Solid recommend for fans of the genre.

But as many have mentioned, achievement wise, kind of a bust. Not sure why so many games of this style add in the ‘win without dying’ style achievement - I assume (at best) to add a play variation once you’ve figure out all the puzzles or (at worst) pad play time stats? They give you 5 lives here, the full game run isn’t insanely long, and I’m sure with a little practice and some luck this isn’t unmanageable.

But running through the entire thing without mistakes to try and hit that last jumps randomish timing - not particularly fun. Good challenge if you’re into that, but I typically abandon these games around 90% completion and forgo the frustration of these “don’t die” challenges.
  • Spa1hSpa1h652,138
    Posted on 03 May 22 at 07:31
    I went through the game without guide.
    It was nice to just scratch my head in order to proceed instead playing along with a video or text, what i mainly did for the last 3 months due to GTASC.
    I got stuck on two puzzles where i read a text on how to procced(startle spiderleg 3 times and the hidden second box during the end of the game), but apart from that i really like the game's puzzle design.

It was a nice experience, i can now really understand why this game set the standards for indie plattformer a few levels higher. I can now also appreciate INSIDE more, which i played before Limbo.

I will try to go for the final achievement as well. In contrast to most voiced opinions I sometimes like this kind of achievements, that add replay value for the achievement hunter, especially if they aren't to bad. (I'm looking at you I'm bread or Wolfenstein II).
    My first playthrough took around 3 hours, and i had around 40 deaths. Let's see how this list continues ;)

GL everyone who is going for it!
  • AndoriAndori257,560
    Posted on 03 May 22 at 08:17
    Having recently played the Xbox One version after accidentally triggering a cheevo when playing it for Game Pass Quest, I then mopped up the majority apart from the usual No Point in Dying. I don't think I'll be going back to that one any time soon, or the 360 version.
  • RiBoPRiBoP562,957
    Posted on 03 May 22 at 12:42
    Allgorhythm said:
    RiBoP said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    Thanks. That’s good to know. I’m working on 2 games that have story completions & need a 3rd.
    Just finished Limbo (except for the last achievement then) and can confirm that it counts as a main story completion.

https://www.trueachievements.com/targets/7?gamerid=26729
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.