Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

Halo Infinite: Season 2 — how to beat all challenges, new events, rewards, and more

• CyberKnightCyberKnight598,448
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 17:16
    They still have the "Play this specific game type in matchmaking" challenges, but now there are more game types for you to play while you fail to get the game type you need. Progress?
    http://gamertagcyberknight.blogspot.com
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483321,308
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 17:21
    Sadly there are issues with the event challenges not registering properly for some, and it's linked to leaving Last Man Standing after your lives are up but before the match has ended. The game says it's ok to do this and progress will be counted when the match ends, but I've completed 2 event challenges but the rewards have not unlocked, and I've seen others say their challenges aren't progressing at all when leaving early (even after the match has ended).
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,365
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 17:30
    I finally gave up around level 70 in season 1, the game kept forcing me into Tactical Slayer and then the Tactical Slayer event week happened and I ended up with yet another one of those “play a capture the flag game” and kept getting Oddball or Control for 6+ games. I have no real problems with the single player aside from not being able to repeat missions, but multiplayer hasn’t been that fun, really, I generally want to play 2-4 games a few times a week (maybe 3 or so) and be done. And I want none of those games to be Tactical Slayer…. Right now Infinite doesn’t seem to want the same thing.
  • Posted on 04 May 22 at 17:32, Edited on 04 May 22 at 17:32 by MathNotEvenOnce
    TymanTheLong said:
    I finally gave up around level 70 in season 1, the game kept forcing me into Tactical Slayer and then the Tactical Slayer event week happened and I ended up with yet another one of those “play a capture the flag game” and kept getting Oddball or Control for 6+ games. I have no real problems with the single player aside from not being able to repeat missions, but multiplayer hasn’t been that fun, really, I generally want to play 2-4 games a few times a week (maybe 3 or so) and be done. And I want none of those games to be Tactical Slayer…. Right now Infinite doesn’t seem to want the same thing.
    I don't recall needing to do much tactical slayer in s1. for season 2 I've had 1 challenge. The rest have been in zone capture (so king of the hill is perfect for this), slayer and fiesta which all have their own playlists.
  • R1KM4NR1KM4N967,828
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 17:33, Edited on 04 May 22 at 17:33 by R1KM4N
    I’ve been playing a lot of Infinite over the last couple of weeks (granted it’s been single player). However I feel like I should really give this season of multiplayer a shot. I just don’t think the gameplay is as fun as Apex though, which is now my go to shooter.

If I look to finish the free battle pass off (there’s a. Achievement tied to it right?), how long would I need to play each day/week. If it’s a game or 2 per day it can’t be that bad right?
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 17:41, Edited on 04 May 22 at 17:42 by Stevo6483
    R1KM4N said:
    I’ve been playing a lot of Infinite over the last couple of weeks (granted it’s been single player). However I feel like I should really give this season of multiplayer a shot. I just don’t think the gameplay is as fun as Apex though, which is now my go to shooter.

If I look to finish the free battle pass off (there’s a. Achievement tied to it right?), how long would I need to play each day/week. If it’s a game or 2 per day it can’t be that bad right?
    You'll need to play more than that. Playing 6 games a day will guarantee you level up one rank per day. There are 100 ranks. You can complete weekly challenges to speed it up somewhat, but 100 days of 6 games is what you're looking at otherwise.

The season lasts 6 months though, so you would have some leeway of course.
  • Posted on 04 May 22 at 17:45
    R1KM4N said:

Use the event challenges and double xp boosts to fly through the battle pass
  • RedDevil9487RedDevil9487313,601
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 17:46, Edited on 04 May 22 at 17:48 by RedDevil9487
    I only came back to the game to unlock the previously unobtainable achievement (MEDIC) to get my 100% completion.

Was hoping for new achievements tied to the new game modes but didn't happen cry

Think the only way I'll come back to the game in the future is when they add some campaign DLC, which doesn't seem like it will be anytime soon considering it's going to take them near a year just to add campaign co-op and forge.

Had such high expectations before release and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the campaign and multiplayer was some of the most fun I've had online in years but the amount of time it's taking for proper updates (and 6 month seasons) has really turned this game into a complete shitshow.

One more thing, game should've been delayed by a further year and releasing Fall 2023 to actually get things right.
  • Posted on 04 May 22 at 18:08
    who here is hyped to grind their way to tier 97 to arm themselves with a useless little shovel?
    *raises hand
    Try and break our cookie system.
  • k3lt0nk3lt0n217,740
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 18:24
    TymanTheLong said:
    The game forced you to play Tactical Slayer, or you chose how to play the game based on random challenges that are meaningless, except they give XP that gives cosmetics you can't see in a first-person game?

Guys, get this, you can just play the game the way you want.
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 18:33
    k3lt0n said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    The game forced you to play Tactical Slayer, or you chose how to play the game based on random challenges that are meaningless, except they give XP that gives cosmetics you can't see in a first-person game?

Guys, get this, you can just play the game the way you want.
    While you’re technically correct (the best kind of correct!), I do like to have challenges and mini missions. As I generally solo queue for multiplayer games it gives me the same dopamine hit that achievements do. So I guess, to specify my complaint, the provided structure of said challenges sucks for me.

And it’s not really true that you can’t see your cosmetics, the game goes to great pains to show them at the beginning and end of matches, as well there’s death effects, trails and other cosmetics that exist now.
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 18:41, Edited on 04 May 22 at 18:42 by TymanTheLong
    MathNotEvenOnce said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    I don't recall needing to do much tactical slayer in s1. for season 2 I've had 1 challenge. The rest have been in zone capture (so king of the hill is perfect for this), slayer and fiesta which all have their own playlists.
    The Tactical Slayer showed up a ton after they created the new playlists (Slayer and the like). I don’t actually remember it too much directly after launch. But given there was a Tactical Slayer event for two weeks I think it’s fair to say it got featured from time to time.
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 18:58
    TymanTheLong said:
    MathNotEvenOnce said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    The Tactical Slayer showed up a ton after they created the new playlists (Slayer and the like). I don’t actually remember it too much directly after launch. But given there was a Tactical Slayer event for two weeks I think it’s fair to say it got featured from time to time.
    Almost every week after they added Tactical Slayer to the game I usually had 2 or so challenges related to it. I don't mind the mode though so it was fine with me, and was perfect if you need headshots or BR kills. That changed after the 2 week event though, because now when you play TS all the other weapon modes are in the playlist so you can end up going several matches without the BR. Which can be as annoying as trying to complete a CTF challenge.
  • Posted on 04 May 22 at 19:37, Edited on 04 May 22 at 19:37 by Shadow 00 Fox
    I find the absolutely ridiculous 'Legendary' 'Rare' 'Common' 'Epic' tags on the guaranteed rewards one of the biggest eye rolls ever! It's so stupid, I can't even laugh. Anyone else think it's completely dumb?

It seems so childish and idiotic.
  • ElyohElyoh1,037,369
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 19:37
    Don't mind me, I'm just here to be salty about the fact I can't complete season 1 without spending money on it.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 04 May 22 at 19:47
    I can melee a fellow Spartan 32 different ways with that shovel.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 04 May 22 at 20:41
    Shadow 00 Fox said:
    I find the absolutely ridiculous 'Legendary' 'Rare' 'Common' 'Epic' tags on the guaranteed rewards one of the biggest eye rolls ever! It's so stupid, I can't even laugh. Anyone else think it's completely dumb?

Yes it's stupid, but it's pretty much all free to play games that do it. Some sort of conditioning laugh
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 20:56
    Zonky said:
    Shadow 00 Fox said:

Yes it's stupid, but it's pretty much all free to play games that do it. Some sort of conditioning laugh
    In some games that indicates whether those items will be available again and under what conditions. For example in SMITE certain skins will never be available again, some will never be available again but a recolor may be issued, some will be available in random chest rolls, some will be available for direct purchase.

I don’t know what’s going on in Halo Infinite, but some F2P games have a method to that madness.
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth484,243
    Posted on 04 May 22 at 20:57
    I like those cosmetics a lot
    -Aaron
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.