The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Surprise Xbox sale offers big discounts on 'Optimised for Next-Gen' games

• ProjectOasisProjectOasis181,872
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 06:57
    TymanTheLong said:
    ProjectOasis#676 said:
    Is the store having problem for anyone else? Being in Germany on XSX and when I go into ANY game or sales page I’m greeted with the „Something went wrong“ page.
    There’s been problems with digital games for the past 8 hours at least, I haven’t tried to buy anything but the store is listed as an issue. XBox wouldn’t recognize any of my digital purchases on game start for awhile (even though the Store app helpfully concurred “you own this”).

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
    Thanks for your reply. I totally forgot about the status website. That’s frustrating. Hopefully they‘ll have it fixed soon…
  • Team BretherTeam Brether1,288,599
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 07:43
    Is this sale a joke?

What with the cost of living crisis they're hardly reading the room here.
  • Posted on 07 May 22 at 08:09
    The Wet Chef said:
    Rista B said:
    Spirochaete said:
    They have had multiple discounts running concurrently for a few weeks now.

And here's another & already see a few digital-only games that are new enough & never had a discount before.

TLDR: The only valid complaints are 1) overabundance 2) too little $/time
    Nope. I'm sure there are a variety of valid complaints, here's one...the discounts on most of the games in this sale are not very good. Many of these games have been on sale with bigger discounts in the past and as an example I can get Cyberpunk on Amazon for under $17.00 and it's been under $20 for months.
    17 USD plus Taxes and shipping.
    So 17+2+5=24
    Who pays for Amazon delivery!?
  • gothmogesgothmoges625,295
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 09:53
    A meh sale for a meh gen.

How fitting!
  • Posted on 07 May 22 at 12:30
    SCARLET NEXUS for £50.24? What?! facepalm
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm577,964
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 14:32
    Drogoman said:
    For anyone considering the Control Ultimate Edition, you can get it for £9.99 from CDKeys at the moment.
    It's 60% off which is a good deal because it includes both the Series X & X1 versions of the game that can be stacked. But it was 70% off during the Spring sale & a number of us pointed that out as the best bargain of the sale.
  • SoulyDconteSoulyDconte445,781
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 14:35
    HolyHalfDead said:
    SoulyDconte said:
    Disappointed to see AC Vallhala gold edition being delisted. I was planning to buy that around 25$ mark and purchase the Ragnarok DLC sometime later in the future. now I have to do the opposite and leave the season pass to last
    They knew exactly what they were doing.

If you don't own any of it and you want all of it, then I suggest you wait for a decent sale on the Complete Edition as that will be the cheapest way to get it.
    They did the exact same thing with Far Cry 5 gold edition to push the bundle that included Far Cry New Dawn on people. though, they did relist it at some point.

That's the alternative If I'm going to wait on the purchase for at least another year since the lowest the complete edition has been on sale is 83$.
    I sometimes wonder, I'm hunting achievements or they're haunting me?
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm577,964
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 14:47
    A Revenge of the 6th sale laugh
  • Lighted vLighted v261,205
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 16:04
    Is this some kind of joke? Dark Souls 2 at 26 USD?
  • SRUSHTSRUSHT611,068
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 19:02
    For how long will this gen be the next for Microsoft though
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong459,382
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 19:15
    SRUSHT said:
    For how long will this gen be the next for Microsoft though
    Probably quite a bit longer than normal, supply issues due to the pandemic, scalpers, and digital coin miners have combined to prevent a lot of would be upgraders to not have been able to do so so far. Anyone who’s still stuck on a One X or older probably feels like a Series X is still “next gen” because they’re not generally for sale (aka you can’t just walk into a random store and buy one).
  • Posted on 07 May 22 at 21:54
    Yes! Assassin's Creeds games are finally on sale!
  • Rista BRista B703,014
    Posted on 07 May 22 at 23:09
    The Wet Chef said:
    Rista B said:
    Spirochaete said:
    They have had multiple discounts running concurrently for a few weeks now.

And here's another & already see a few digital-only games that are new enough & never had a discount before.

TLDR: The only valid complaints are 1) overabundance 2) too little $/time
    Nope. I'm sure there are a variety of valid complaints, here's one...the discounts on most of the games in this sale are not very good. Many of these games have been on sale with bigger discounts in the past and as an example I can get Cyberpunk on Amazon for under $17.00 and it's been under $20 for months.
    17 USD plus Taxes and shipping.
    So 17+2+5=24
    Plenty of times when it is available with free shipping and you have to pay taxes on the MS store as well on a higher price so you end up paying more taxes here. Unsure what your point is other than generally being incorrect.
    "There's never been anything, however absurd, that myriads of people weren't prepared to believe"
  • hammerpunchhammerpunch475,129
    Posted on 08 May 22 at 07:04
    Zenész said:
    Ah yes, My Friend Peppa Pig is exactly the game I think of when I hear "next-gen".
    haha this made me grin smile
    3 can keep a secret. If 2 are dead
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57866,453
    Posted on 08 May 22 at 10:24
    Lighted v said:
    Is this some kind of joke? Dark Souls 2 at 26 USD?
    Yeah it's been on sale at 10$ about a million times in the last few years
  • uberJamesuberJames430,963
    Posted on 08 May 22 at 11:08
    Harry Alphabet said:
    Since I loved Dead Island and hated Mirror's Edge where does that leave me?
    Do you like drop kicking zombies? It's hella fun, especially with a friend (or 3). It's not parkour the way Mirror's Edge is devoted to it. It's zombie killing with parkour elements.
  • bl4ck bloocbl4ck blooc376,797
    Posted on 08 May 22 at 18:33
    Is it just me or has the price for Apex Champions edition been steadily rising? Does it include every character?
  • kriegirkriegir521,037 521,037 GamerScore
    Posted on 08 May 22 at 22:34
    Where are the deals? Trash
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.