Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Starfield and Redfall delayed

• DigitalAtlasDigitalAtlas453,317
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 18:16
    Danixpxd said:
    What people where expecting? We didn't have a gameplay or even trailer for Starfield. Yeah, that 2021 teaser is something, but it only was CGI. Hopefully we'll see more in June, but this is not a surprise. roll
    Not showing anything until the actual last minute is a true Bethesda Games Studio move tbh. Remember, Fallout 4 was announced 5 months before it came out. Todd's even on record with wanting to do a same-day announce/release. Not seeing gameplay weirdly isn't a sign of trouble here.

I frankly think the delay is to get rid of as many bugs as possible to kill their old reputation.
  • NickFury PlayerNickFury Player1,256,247
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 18:34
    Dave Bodom said:
    People are so dramatic.

They've released the series which were good upgrades, with the series S being pretty common now, we got Infinite, Horizon, a few other middling games for both generations (personal opinion on the quality aside) and MS bought up a ton of studios in the last year now so they can focus on games.

If you're into playstations 15/20 hour campaign games, ace, more power to you, grab a playstation console and play them. I'll never understand the need to be so dramatic, doom n gloom and angry over the choice.
    It feels like some fans are always on the edge of "turning sides" when it comes to their favorite platform on both sides, I don't see it as a problem as well given that there are so many games to play, we don't need GOTY nominees being launched every year exclusively on Xbox to make the explaining of why you choose this console to be an easier task.
    Nick1Ø1
  • DanTheWhaleDanTheWhale1,278,409
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 19:31, Edited on 12 May 22 at 19:31 by DanTheWhale
    Cyberpunk89 said:
    AdAmLoWrIe said:
    Rather it come our in a working state, we don't want another Cyberpunk 2077... but still gutted by this. Currently zero first party games set to release this year. That's not good enough.
    Except Cyberpunk was also delayed.. twice. And it still came out in the state it did.. These delays never end up making these games any better or any less buggy, rather it seems like some weird marketing scheme.. Every time there's a tweet announcing the delay, and all these statements are almost identical too
    This isn't a 'marketing scheme'. Delaying Starfield and Redfall doesn't help at all to give more buzz or attention to those games. It only serves to make sure they release in the best state possible. Can you imagine how broken Cyberpunk would have been if it hadn't been delayed twice? It was already a deeply flawed game at launch as is
  • shadow46x2shadow46x2758,657
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 19:36
    Maxumilli0n said:
    Atleast we got Stalker right?

Right?

Please tell me we have Stalker 2 still.
    Um...hey buddy, you might want to sit down over here...
  • BrutalPandaXBrutalPandaX142,262
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 19:54, Edited on 12 May 22 at 19:55 by BrutalPandaX
    HUN playmore said:
    TWO trillion dollars company, 20 (TWENTY) years in the industry, still incapable to release even 1 (ONE) game in each year. If not for the chip shortage, Playstation would have buried them in a year and rightfully so. They got an once in a lifetime chance to come back and released a console with 0 games. Now they go for a whole year with 0 games. Is there any other field outside of video games and politics where you get paid as usual even if you don't do your job?

And no I'm fed up with the "poor developers have feelings" mantra.
    This 100%. I was mainly Xbox last gen and I really believed Series X would turn things around. I was very wrong. Microsoft sets up expectations and fails to meet them most of the time. It is one of the most incompetent AAA companies at managing video game development. Most AAA third party companies like Ubisoft, EA obliterate Xbox Game Studios meanwhile Sony and Nintendo are the top two. Got a PS5 last summer and there's barely a reason to turn on the Series X anymore.
  • Posted on 12 May 22 at 19:59
    Better then releasing broken I guess
  • AradorArador613,322
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 20:53
    cry
    On this day I see clearly everything has come to life
  • a13ona13on1,572,494
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 21:04
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    koar said:
    its the new norm for games to be delayed..
    Yeah, which is why its so fucking stupid to announce games 5 years before they come out.
    Game announcements happen so early because they are supposed to attract talent. These announcements are not for us consumers.
  • ReqquReqqu1,493,034
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 22:15
    Maxumilli0n said:

Right?

Well, those developers are in war fighting for survival of their country, so who knows? Very likely no.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,225,826
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 00:22
    a13on said:
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    koar said:
    its the new norm for games to be delayed..
    Yeah, which is why its so fucking stupid to announce games 5 years before they come out.
    Game announcements happen so early because they are supposed to attract talent. These announcements are not for us consumers.
    Yeah, I don't buy that for a second.
    Hype trains sell pre-orders. Pre-orders are king. End of the story.

It also keeps gamers placated. Instead of asking WHEN IS THE NEXT GAME?!?! They give us teasers to a trailer to an announcement to a teaser announcement 5 years out so we will stop asking. Then hype has time to build up for a decade after the delay 7 times (Star Field has been officially delayed 3 times BTW, ill give them one free pass for Covid, but the other 2... just don't announce until you are 100% sure its coming in 1 year for AAA 6, months for anything less.)
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion1,173,963
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 00:44
    When does Scalebound come out?
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • Osirian08Osirian08334,385
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 00:47
    Starfield was the only reason i was going to buy a series X this year
  • Posted on 13 May 22 at 01:27
    Honestly I don't mind a delay to make a product better. Quality is what they shoot for and after the amazing Elden Ring release that From Software had I think that they see what the goal is, finished and polished games are what people want and deserve.
  • AradorArador613,322
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 01:47
    Boots Orion said:
    That game has been dead for years
    On this day I see clearly everything has come to life
  • iiTs HawkiiTs Hawk563,231
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 03:47
    stop setting release dates. it's dumb as shit. once you have "polished" the game and then shock set a release date.
  • NamelessTurdNamelessTurd1,268,556
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 04:14
    Todd Howard trying to meet fifty times the detail. I can wait a bit longer I guess lol
  • Shaneless4Shaneless4260,646
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 04:20
    They gonna surprise all of us and say Scalebound 2022 at the June show
  • DigitalAtlasDigitalAtlas453,317
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 05:10
    Boots Orion said:
    Next week.... in game magazines...
  • aphexbraphexbr266,620
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 06:11
    Maxumilli0n said:

Right?

You'll get Stalker after Russia stop bombing the homes of the dev teams and they can get back to work. Ukrainians have slightly more pressing concerns than your entertainment right now, but I'm sure they'll be eager to deliver a high quality product as soon as possible once they are able to return to normal life.

In the meantime, I'm slightly jealous of you guys who apparently don't have a massive backlog of games you want to play and struggle to keep up with the great surprise new GP releases that crop up regularly and only focus on a couple of titles. I can't imagine being that narrow-minded, but I'd guess it's certainly easier to choose what to play when you don't have such a rich and varied range of choice.
  • Lots a LOUDLots a LOUD431,875
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 07:08
    well thats a shame. seems like the last 2 years has been mediocre. basically got nothing to play since every AAA game keeps being delayed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads