The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (May 12th)

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs412,485
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 18:00
    Xbox sales are always a great time to pick up some bargains to flesh out your game collection, and to assist you with that endeavour, the TA news team is here to recommend a few worthy additions.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (May 12th)
  • Malboa77Malboa77644,750
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 18:29
    Outer Wilds is in my top 3 games of all time. If you have never played it, please do.
  • BattleGoffBattleGoff934,485
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 18:42, Edited on 12 May 22 at 18:43 by BattleGoff
    Try before you buy Watch Dogs Legion, I thought it was a severe step down for the series. A huge cast of characters can only do so much to disguise the wafer thin gameplay elements :(
  • Posted on 12 May 22 at 18:44
    Picked up Gravel for £3 and its not a bad racing game at all, well worth it
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,334
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 18:47, Edited on 12 May 22 at 18:49 by TymanTheLong
    As for Tomb Raider: Rise is the best one, but only by a smidge. Shadow is where Laura gets pretty cynical and a more murdery (the DLC of Rise, as well as its main story, gives some solid reasoning for this). Her erstwhile comrade, Jonah, has to be her conscience in Shadow and it works well for story. Not to mention the levels in Shadow probably have more variation and are quite good while adhering to the formula developed in the first two.

Play all of them, they’re great, I’ve played each one multiple times and they hold up.
  • LancerideLanceride555,159
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 19:07
    Malboa77 said:
    Outer Wilds is in my top 3 games of all time. If you have never played it, please do.
    I was coming here to say something similar. Outer Wilds is an experience that nobody should willingly miss. It's on Game Pass, so there is no reason not to try it if you're a subscriber. And you can pick the DLC up on sale by itself as well!

Please, please, please play Outer Wilds, everyone.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • mikachu93mikachu93390,088
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 20:18
    I've only played the first in the series, but I'd vouch for the Tomb Raider trilogy, especially at that price.
  • PakhairPakhair474,102
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 20:24, Edited on 12 May 22 at 20:25 by Pakhair
    Well I know some great recommendations here but I would like to mention Asura Wrath. Great game,hidden gem dlc are on sale. Go pick it up, even after so many years I remember it in fond memories considering I don't remember 80% of the games 6 months after I played them
    I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I’m just an old killer, hired to do some wet work - Old Snake
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20660,812
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 20:32
    Lanceride said:
    Malboa77 said:
    I was coming here to say something similar. Outer Wilds is an experience that nobody should willingly miss. It's on Game Pass, so there is no reason not to try it if you're a subscriber. And you can pick the DLC up on sale by itself as well!

+1 to all of this. Absolutely one of my favorite game experiences of all time. Definitely worth the price.
  • Posted on 12 May 22 at 20:40
    Pakhair said:
    Well I know some great recommendations here but I would like to mention Asura Wrath. Great game,hidden gem dlc are on sale. Go pick it up, even after so many years I remember it in fond memories considering I don't remember 80% of the games 6 months after I played them
    The Asura DLC was my backup pick, just felt weird telling people to go buy the DLC just to get the proper ending of the game. Game is ace, but didn't really wanna celebrate that era of Capcpom...
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,334
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 21:20
    mikachu93 said:
    I've only played the first in the series, but I'd vouch for the Tomb Raider trilogy, especially at that price.
    The subsequent 2 are even better as they weren’t originally a 360 release.
  • EinigkeitEinigkeit152,837
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 21:44
    BetaSigX20 said:
    Lanceride said:
    Malboa77 said:

+1 to all of this. Absolutely one of my favorite game experiences of all time. Definitely worth the price.
    I've started it twice but have lost interest almost immediately both times. The world seems interesting, but I hate having to start back at the base every 20 minutes. Can someone convince me to give it a real shot?
  • PsiScreamPsiScream576,026
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 21:57
    +1 for Watch Dogs Legion. Well worth it at this price for Watch Dogs fans, or people who want to explore London England on a cargo drone toast
  • Posted on 12 May 22 at 22:50
    Einigkeit said:
    I've started it twice but have lost interest almost immediately both times. The world seems interesting, but I hate having to start back at the base every 20 minutes. Can someone convince me to give it a real shot?
    I get that! It annoyed me too at first. After a few loops though, it does something weird to your brain. I would think of it less like restarting, and more like returning home after a day out. Or a safe space between voyages. You go off, explore one strand of mysteries, something horrible or great happens, you learn something new or get confused with everything that lies before you. Then you suddenly get to go home again, hop in your ship and know everything is OK for a bit, so you can plot your next move or figure something out in peace.
    Posted on 12 May 22 at 23:23
    KesStephenson said:
    Einigkeit said:
    I get that! It annoyed me too at first. After a few loops though, it does something weird to your brain. I would think of it less like restarting, and more like returning home after a day out. Or a safe space between voyages. You go off, explore one strand of mysteries, something horrible or great happens, you learn something new or get confused with everything that lies before you. Then you suddenly get to go home again, hop in your ship and know everything is OK for a bit, so you can plot your next move or figure something out in peace.
    Agreed. This game isn't for everyone, but you only need to explore for a small handful of loops before your curiosity will take over and drive you to great places.

The game is all about knowledge, so don't go in expecting upgrades or new equipment. That is not what this game is about.
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20660,812
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 01:50, Edited on 13 May 22 at 01:53 by BetaSigX20
    Einigkeit said:
    Yeah, what they said ^^^

Don't think of it as starting over and losing progress, think of it as time-travelling back to use the knowledge you've gained on the next loop. Pick a planet, and see how much you can find in one loop. If you get stuck or run out of time, go back with that knowledge to progress further next time, or go to a different planet and look for clues there.

The best part for me was when I started to piece together the plot about the Nomai. At first, you're not given a lot of direction other than to "go explore," so I completely understand feeling a bit lost or even bored with it early on, since it doesn't neceasarily seem like you're working toward anything before the loop resets. Read all the Nomai text (blue spirals) and when the backstory started to be revealed, that's what made this game so memorable to me.
  • Kerman7Kerman7922,850
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 03:18, Edited on 13 May 22 at 03:29 by Kerman7
    To all who ask everyone else to play Outer Wilds, sometimes almost begging, are you ready for others to play and not like it?
    Because when people nag others to do something and then can't take any comment back or understand there are other opinions than theirs when it comes to whether the game was good, it makes you wonder why they do it.
    So if you haven't begged others to play a game yet, please don't do it... (irony & sarcasm intended)
    (to be crystal on the game itself, I've played it, didn't like it, don't recommend it, free or otherwise, although it has some charm)
    Every man dies, not every man really lives
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 04:08
    Kerman7 said:
    To all who ask everyone else to play Outer Wilds, sometimes almost begging, are you ready for others to play and not like it?
    Because when people nag others to do something and then can't take any comment back or understand there are other opinions than theirs when it comes to whether the game was good, it makes you wonder why they do it.
    So if you haven't begged others to play a game yet, please don't do it... (irony & sarcasm intended)
    (to be crystal on the game itself, I've played it, didn't like it, don't recommend it, free or otherwise, although it has some charm)
    It's okay if you didn't like it! It isn't for everyone.

But I'm going to beg everyone to play it, because there is a chance they will feel the way I feel about it.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,811,356
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 05:13, Edited on 13 May 22 at 05:18 by zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz
    Outer Wilds is a masterpiece, sorry Kermit. toast
    Matthew
  • hammerpunchhammerpunch573,447
    Posted on 13 May 22 at 07:06
    The Tomb Raider Trilogy is fantastic! A must-play for every third-person adventure game fan!
    3 can keep a secret. If 2 are dead
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.