The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up May 17th, 2022

• Posted on 17 May 22 at 07:24
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Can anyone recommend extinction? Is it decent and is the ultimate edition worth it?
    I wouldn’t recommend Extinction, it gets boring with repetitive “save the people” missions constantly. Theirs little to no variation of gameplay.
    I voted for kodos
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz1,115,637
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 07:49
    Deer Simulator is utter garbage and ridiculously priced. Avoid.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,654,466
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 08:07
    DubstepEdgelord said:
    Obliteracers is a steal but thats about it for me
    Yeh if you wanna steal a turd laugh
  • SeeD RedSeeD Red899,700
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 08:46
    Picked the Street Fighter collection at that price.
  • PhantomPlanetAPPhantomPlanetAP1,858,224
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 09:08
    Mudrunner with its sole DLC looks good, as well as Unruly Heroes. Any chances of Othercide joining GP? it's been almost the end of 2nd year of it
  • CheevolutionCheevolution1,014,012
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 09:42
    WarningRabbit95 said:
    Does anyone know if Titanfall 2 servers are still up & running?
    They are but they run horribly. It's good enough to quickly knock out the three MP achievements though. Winning a match (which can be done solo btw) was annoying as it was prone to kicking me before the match ended. I just tried until it worked, three or four matches. Great game, highly recommend playing it.
    Have a nice day
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,736,239
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 09:49
    vegansound said:
    Drew#9266 said:
    Think that's the first time I've seen DOA1 and DOA2 on sale. Wish they were a little cheaper though
    DoA2 was released in 2004, 18 years ago, but it has a -20% discount only. Microsoft is a shame.......
    Isn't it the publisher that decides the price?
  • vegansoundvegansound1,159,202
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 10:01
    DrDaveWatford said:
    According to comments posted by one small publisher, MS decides which publishers will be offered sales slots and its then up to the publisher to decide whether to participate in the sale or not. Some of the big guys are offered slots every week, while smaller publishers may only be offered sales slots once every 6 months or more.
    Thanks for the informations add, Dr. That means even more that it'd be Microsoft's responsibility to choose who does and doesn't propose their games. *sigh*
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 10:05
    thatNoseyParker said:
    vegansound said:
    Drew#9266 said:
    Think that's the first time I've seen DOA1 and DOA2 on sale. Wish they were a little cheaper though
    DoA2 was released in 2004, 18 years ago, but it has a -20% discount only. Microsoft is a shame.......
    Isn't it the publisher that decides the price?
    Apparently, but Microsoft is above everyone, they must have the final word, just like Steam allows or not this or that game to enter their catalog (even if there are loooots of creepy titles).

I invite you to read DrDave's reply just above.
  • atryeu1atryeu1427,305
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 10:29, Edited on 17 May 22 at 10:32 by atryeu1
    Lazy with Style said:
    ijiekmotors said:
    Sonic games didn't go on sale. Sigh.
    Exactly my thoughts. I waited for Sonic 1 and CD to go on sale before they are going to be delisted next Friday as I have completed the other arcade titles already. Now I will buy these 2 for 4.79€ each which is still a good price for childhood memories smile
    I grabbed Sonic CD on a sale a few years back. I still have the original for Sega CD but the tray struggles so it doesn't like to work so well anymore :( I have the old Sonic 1-3 games on a working Sega Genesis console still too even lol. Luckily I have 2 other collections with the Sonic games as well so I won't be wasting extra money just for achievements for them. I have a Sega collection for PS2 that has several Sonic games and the Sonic Mega Collection on GameCube (both with working consoles still). Oddly enough Sonic CD was never on either collection though so I felt I had to buy that at the very least for a backup copy with that Sega CD console not hanging in there so well. Still brings back fun memories of playing it years ago :D There was this awesome helicopter game I wish I could replace from Sega CD too but I've never seen it released on any other system or collection sadly :( I really miss that one. (Edit: AH3 Thunderstrike was the name, I had to look real quick lol. Forgot I had Sol-Feace too on Sega CD, that was a fun one also).

Undecided on the sale. May pick up Mars War Logs finally before they decide to not put it on sale anymore, and am kind of back and forth on SubaraCity for PC. Not the most exciting of games but should run on a non gaming PC and the random puzzle game is nice to pass the time on nights like this where I can't fall asleep and don't want to get involved in a full on game. Anybody have thoughts on that the City one? I never seem to see anybody talk about it.
  • SoulKatanaSoulKatana265,816
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 10:44
    LOL, i just was about to purchase DOA4 and saw the discount on DOA1, DOA2 and DOA3 and bought these instead, even if i still own the originals on SEGA Saturn and XBOX! laugh
    Looks like they forgot DOA4. Next time, i guess...
    Shenmue III & VF5 FiNAL SHOWDOWN!!
  • Posted on 17 May 22 at 11:17
    Is it just me, or does DOA1 / 2 / 3 and all Xbox Originals not show up under the Xbox Sales 'view and filter' -> 'Xbox 360'.

Also. Is it possible to add a further option / section for 'Xbox Originals' as opposed to lumping them in with the Xbox 360 games. Thank you
    Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.
  • Posted on 17 May 22 at 11:24, Edited on 17 May 22 at 11:30 by DrDaveWatford
    vegansound said:
    DrDaveWatford said:
    According to comments posted by one small publisher, MS decides which publishers will be offered sales slots and its then up to the publisher to decide whether to participate in the sale or not. Some of the big guys are offered slots every week, while smaller publishers may only be offered sales slots once every 6 months or more.
    Thanks for the informations add, Dr. That means even more that it'd be Microsoft's responsibility to choose who does and doesn't propose their games. *sigh*
    Correct.

The example I'm quoting is Train Sim World 2 by Dovetail Games. DLC for this game is quite expensive, and sales are therefore eagerly awaited by the fanbase. TSW2 DLC is frequently discounted on PC and Playstation, but it's almost never discounted on XBOX leading to an avalanche of complaints from XBOX users. In response, Dovetail games staff have posted many times on the forums explaining that TSW2 DLC can only go on sale when MS offers Dovetail games DLC sales slots. This happens very rarely (the last time was July 2021 I believe). Dovetail games say they would like to offer us DLC sales like they do PC and Playstation but they are not able to do so as MS do not invite them to do so. MS have however invited Dovetail games to offer a discount on the base game a couple of times since last year, but not the DLC.

TL:DR - MS calls the shots on who is invited to participate in the weekly Deals with Gold sales.
  • HanxHanx1,607,796
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 11:31
    ijiekmotors said:
    Sonic games didn't go on sale. Sigh.
    Looks like we'll have to pay full price before they get delisted on Friday. 😕
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm643,261
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 11:56
    redphx said:
    Still no Lost Judgment
    Black Friday sale.
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 12:33
    DrDaveWatford said:
    vegansound said:
    DrDaveWatford said:
    Correct.

The example I'm quoting is Train Sim World 2 by Dovetail Games. DLC for this game is quite expensive, and sales are therefore eagerly awaited by the fanbase. TSW2 DLC is frequently discounted on PC and Playstation, but it's almost never discounted on XBOX leading to an avalanche of complaints from XBOX users. In response, Dovetail games staff have posted many times on the forums explaining that TSW2 DLC can only go on sale when MS offers Dovetail games DLC sales slots. This happens very rarely (the last time was July 2021 I believe). Dovetail games say they would like to offer us DLC sales like they do PC and Playstation but they are not able to do so as MS do not invite them to do so. MS have however invited Dovetail games to offer a discount on the base game a couple of times since last year, but not the DLC.

TL:DR - MS calls the shots on who is invited to participate in the weekly Deals with Gold sales.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm643,261
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 13:21
    Picked up A Knight's Quest
    Discounted 95%: A 24.99 USD game for 1.24 USD. smile
  • Posted on 17 May 22 at 13:51
    ASJU4 said:
    Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition and Street Fighter X Tekken are also on sale, but sadly, these are not backwards compatible.
    Thankyou, i didnt see these on any list
  • Posted on 17 May 22 at 14:05
    redphx said:
    Still no Lost Judgment
    The game's deluxe edition went on sale after the free weekend at the end of March and the regular edition went on sale a week or 2 after.
  • Greavsie93Greavsie93305,326
    Posted on 17 May 22 at 14:33
    Tendoman77 said:
    Even with a new weekly sale on the day of my birthday its still mostly the same ol' crap lol
    Happy Birthday toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads