Game Discussion: Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Is there a bug for achievements?

• DrewM987DrewM987179,462
    Posted on 21 May 22 at 14:46, Edited on 21 May 22 at 15:03 by DrewM987
    I download this game via Gamepass this morning and when I open the achievement panel it says the game doesn't have any achievements.

By achievement panel I mean I pressed the Xbox home button when on the dashboard and pressed rb to cycle over to the achievements page.
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,897,683
    Posted on 21 May 22 at 16:26
    I did finish the game recently on a Xbox One S and I had no issues. The achievement system on the One and Series consoles is not local anymore. If your internet connection is good and there is a general error like this, then this should be an error on the Microsoft side. In that case it should automatically resolve in a day in most cases.
  • DrewM987DrewM987179,462
    Posted on 21 May 22 at 16:31
    And you played via Gamepass? Thanks man.

I completed Bugsnax and Danganronpa 2 before I downloaded Zero Escape and their achievements show up fine. Good to know man.
  • ShreddyGG6ShreddyGG646,244
    Posted on 23 May 22 at 01:13
    Where to find a video guide for this game?
    Posted on 23 May 22 at 09:12
    DrewM987 said:
    And you played via Gamepass? Thanks man.

I completed Bugsnax and Danganronpa 2 before I downloaded Zero Escape and their achievements show up fine. Good to know man.
    Yes, I played it in Game Pass.
    Posted on 23 May 22 at 09:26, Edited on 23 May 22 at 09:27 by HUN playmore
    ShreddyGG6 said:
    Unless you have serious trouble with English, a video guide doesn't help much with these games. 90% of the Zero Escape games are cutscenes with a choice in every few hours (unless you skip the story). Aside from a few exceptions the solutions for the puzzle rooms are just a list of things you need to do. This site has guides for both games in a simple manner: https://www.thonky.com/nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors/th...

To get all the achievements in the first game, 999 you have to go through every room/novel in the flow chart. The built in flow chart will indicate how to get additional endings by following the same colored route. The only "secret" in it is you have to pick certain answers in certain rooms (the flowchart shows those as well).

The second game VLR is essentially the same (complete the whole flowchart) but with much more routes and if you care about the story you should finish the two longest routes last. Also you must play VLR on hard (default setting) for every achievement (collect the secret gold/hard files as well in every room).

If you don't care about the story then you can enable SKIP from the options from the start, skip every story bit and do the rooms with the guide in a few minutes. I'm pretty sure that is why the game has such a low ratio. If you care about the story then the game is a good 50 hours even with a guide and reasonable skipping (if you watched a scene you can skip it on replays even if the main "skip everything" option isn't enabled in the main menu).
  • Dr TchockDr Tchock335,053 335,053 GamerScore
    Posted on 30 May 22 at 23:09, Edited on 30 May 22 at 23:10 by Dr Tchock
    HUN playmore said:
    Unless you have serious trouble with English, a video guide doesn't help much with these games. 90% of the Zero Escape games are cutscenes with a choice in every few hours (unless you skip the story). Aside from a few exceptions the solutions for the puzzle rooms are just a list of things you need to do. This site has guides for both games in a simple manner: https://www.thonky.com/nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors/th...

To get all the achievements in the first game, 999 you have to go through every room/novel in the flow chart. The built in flow chart will indicate how to get additional endings by following the same colored route. The only "secret" in it is you have to pick certain answers in certain rooms (the flowchart shows those as well).

The second game VLR is essentially the same (complete the whole flowchart) but with much more routes and if you care about the story you should finish the two longest routes last. Also you must play VLR on hard (default setting) for every achievement (collect the secret gold/hard files as well in every room).

If you don't care about the story then you can enable SKIP from the options from the start, skip every story bit and do the rooms with the guide in a few minutes. I'm pretty sure that is why the game has such a low ratio. If you care about the story then the game is a good 50 hours even with a guide and reasonable skipping (if you watched a scene you can skip it on replays even if the main "skip everything" option isn't enabled in the main menu).
    Do you know about any missable achievements in these games??
    Posted on 31 May 22 at 07:37
    Dr Tchock said:
    HUN playmore said:

Do you know about any missable achievements in these games??
    You can check this on the achievement page. Open the filter menu and you can see there are no missables. The other thing you should check if a game doesn't have a guide is the difficulty achievements. The game has a few, but all of them are tied to the second game (VLR) hard playthrough. Hard is the default, so you have to go out of your way to change it. If you accidentally set it to easy, the playthrough is not lost because the flowchart allows you to replay rooms. By following the guide the game is a very easy completion and if you don't care about the story it is short too. My personal opinion is that the first game (999) is much better and more interesting. The second (VLR) has a too convoluted story and tiresome because there are too many routes/endings where you need to replay long portions of the game for a few new (and many times pointless) sentences. If you check the flowchart in VLR it is pretty obvious that half of the endings are quick dead ends and the developers just put them there to give you the illusion of choice.
  • LaserFantasyLaserFantasy182,601
    Posted on 03 June 22 at 02:59, Edited on 03 June 22 at 03:00 by LaserFantasy
    DrewM987 said:
    I download this game via Gamepass this morning and when I open the achievement panel it says the game doesn't have any achievements.

By achievement panel I mean I pressed the Xbox home button when on the dashboard and pressed rb to cycle over to the achievements page.
    If you just clicked on the achievement section on the Guide without playing it first it is completely normal to happen, since the achievement list of the game is not on your profile yet. The achievement list shows fine after you launch the game at least once.
    To see the achievement list of a game you didnt played, it is only through the Clubs screen.
  • Posted on 06 June 22 at 17:00
    HUN playmore said:
    ShreddyGG6 said:

Just wanted to say thanks for this breakdown. The game sounds like jt plays like AI Somium Files, which is good as means no chance of missing an achievement that would require a whole playthrough!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads