The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (May 26th)

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 18:00
    Xbox sales are great for offering up many different game genres for discounted prices, and this week the TA news team has found a breadth of vastly different games to recommend to you, dear readers.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Sales: TA Team Picks (May 26th)
  • IDarK VorteXXIDarK VorteXX1,346,253
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 18:10
    What Remains of Edith Finch is an amazing game.
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,473,522
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 18:11
    Kingdom Come was one of my favorite games of the past few years. I play a game like Final Fantasy XV and the quests are "Uhhh go find these bear traps in the woods because I said so." It's a boring fetch quest with no interesting gameplay, world building, moral choices, funny moments, or anything noteworthy. I play Kingdom Come and the priest tells me he's worried about some women performing satanic rituals and I go investigate the women and it provides interesting world building and is extremely funny. The whole game was made with so much passion and has so many extremely enjoyable moments. Definitely a favorite of mine.

Both Judgments are on sale this week and are in my top five games ever. HIGHLY recommended. They shit all over so many popular games these days. "But I don't like GTA!" Well good thing Judgment is nothing like GTA...

Lots of other great games like Blasphemous, Desperados 3, Supraland, and others!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUia5quPnBk
  • fatDaddy21fatDaddy21519,431
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 18:17
    Unpopular opinion: What Remains of Edith Finch is hella boring and I couldn't wait for it to be over. Damning with faint praise, but I'll admit it's one of the best walking simulators if you're into those. I thought it was a waste at Free and would rather buy a SBUX than spend $6 on it.
  • kipfizhkipfizh564,663
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 18:20
    I really liked Murdered:Soul Suspect but felt it would have been better served leaning further into the visual novel and clue-finding, and less into the stealth side - as that part was EXTREMELY frustrating at times.

Fun game though.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,668,517
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 18:23
    fatDaddy21 said:
    Unpopular opinion: What Remains of Edith Finch is hella boring and I couldn't wait for it to be over. Damning with faint praise, but I'll admit it's one of the best walking simulators if you're into those. I thought it was a waste at Free and would rather buy a SBUX than spend $6 on it.
    But a Starbucks doesn't get you 1000 GS wave
  • OlivierL57OlivierL57897,686
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 18:26
    Spirochaete said:
    fatDaddy21 said:
    But a Starbucks doesn't get you 1000 GS wave
    And Edith Finch doesn't bring you some coffee
  • o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,661,055
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 18:34
    Bought Kingdom Come a while back with all the DLC soon as I hit the million g's I will dive in. Looking forward to it.
    Happy Gaming
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,288,359
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 20:52
    If you missed WRoEF when it was on Xbox Game Pass, you need to pick it up now for the price of $5.99/£4.79/€5.99, which is more than worth it.
    Umm it's still on Game Pass!! roll
    This space for rent.
  • BwF SmokeBudnSFBwF SmokeBudnSF2,967,505
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 21:05
    Clearly someone's never played Skate. Session is a low budget version of Skate
  • Rista BRista B791,528
    Posted on 26 May 22 at 22:49
    fatDaddy21 said:
    Unpopular opinion: What Remains of Edith Finch is hella boring and I couldn't wait for it to be over.
    I also don't understand all the fuss.
    "There's never been anything, however absurd, that myriads of people weren't prepared to believe"
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 27 May 22 at 02:17, Edited on 27 May 22 at 02:20 by TymanTheLong
    Sean, we must have words

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • elhocidelhocid412,890
    Posted on 27 May 22 at 07:44
    I didn't like the Murdered, but cannot argue with the other titles, especially KC:D and Edith Finch are very good.
    Murdered is a x360 game with slightly updated visuals and the erratic movement of the demons made the few stealth sections frustrating. Also the collectibles are a chore. All that for mediocre story.
    Cordially, elhocid
  • CanezzaCanezza220,643
    Posted on 27 May 22 at 08:20
    TymanTheLong said:
    Sean, we must have words

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    I was trying not to give away the spoiler! smile
    TA & TT Senior Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Posted on 27 May 22 at 08:23
    BwF SmokeBudnSF said:
    I have played indeed played Skate. Of course Session is low budget, the team doesn't have EA as a publisher. I think they have handled what they could make very, very well indeed.
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Work Twitter: @EylersKes
  • FoerlFoerl970,477
    Posted on 27 May 22 at 08:41
    BwF SmokeBudnSF said:
    I was so happy when session and skater xl came on the scene but the controls in both are crap :(
    ROADHOUSE.
  • FoerlFoerl970,477
    Posted on 27 May 22 at 08:41
    KesStephenson said:
    BwF SmokeBudnSF said:
    I have played indeed played Skate. Of course Session is low budget, the team doesn't have EA as a publisher. I think they have handled what they could make very, very well indeed.
    Thats true, you cant fade their efforts
    ROADHOUSE.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 May 22 at 09:29
    I've picked up Kingdom Come, will get to it after the other few 100+ hour RPGs I've still got to play clap
  • Posted on 27 May 22 at 09:46
    IMO the best value can be found in the 90% discount of Homefront: The Revolution 'Freedom Fighter' bundle. Solid but map limited co-op multiplayer & a fun single player campaign giving one more than 30hrs of gaming for just $3.99 USD.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,989
    Posted on 27 May 22 at 14:59
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance has long been a favorite of the TA staff. I've had it for years. I need to play it one of these days.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.