TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

Katamari Damacy Reroll Discussion - Spoilers

• Information
    Posted on 01 June 22 at 00:00
    Welcome back to another TA Playlist month. Use this thread to speak freely about Katamari Damacy Reroll and assume anything goes in here.
  • Hurn WeaselHurn Weasel111,344
    Posted on 01 June 22 at 07:35
    Just my comment for the badge really, doesn't look like one for me this month
  • Posted on 01 June 22 at 07:38
    Looks quite good, not sure about the achievement list though, the one on Beautiful Katamari was a bit of a nightmare
  • FlumptiganFlumptigan66,628
    Posted on 01 June 22 at 07:41
    Absolutely bonkers in a good way
  • Posted on 01 June 22 at 08:00
    I have that last achievement to get for collecting everything, but I'm really not sure if I want to do it laugh
  • LancerideLanceride497,233
    Posted on 02 June 22 at 16:00
    ManicMetalhead said:
    I have that last achievement to get for collecting everything, but I'm really not sure if I want to do it laugh
    If you enjoy the game, I think it is truly worth it. It takes a long time and is quite a pain, but the joy usually outweighed the frustration. There are only a small handful of items that break that rule.

To anyone else who has completed this gem of a game: what was your feeling by the end of it? Personally, completing it took it from like a 9/10 to an 8/10 for me, but I still adore it. The visuals, the music, and the core gameplay loop especially are just so charming and addictive in my opinion. I have yet to play Beautiful Katamari (I have been waiting for it to go on sale or join Game Pass), but honestly thinking about how much I enjoyed most of my playthrough of this game makes just want to bite the bullet and make the purchase. I'm sure a physical copy is a little cheaper than digital.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • Posted on 04 June 22 at 10:20
    Just a comment for the badge, I think that Beautiful Katamari was just enough Katamari to satisfy me, I don't feel much need to play another one
  • R1KM4NR1KM4N859,548
    Posted on 04 June 22 at 14:33
    Just a little personal service announcement regarding this one. Make sure you manually save the game before you finish playing. Spent several hours on this one last month which I have to unfortunately have to redo as I foolishly quit out without saving.

What sort of world do we live in where a developer doesn't include an auto save.
  • Cylon 118Cylon 118523,290
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 16:54
    This is one of the strangest games i have ever played! Having fun with it but having a really hard time getting on with the controls even with the simple controls on i mean why does the camera not rotate with the right stick like nearly every other game i have ever played in third person!
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,065,162
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 22:26
    Cylon 118 said:
    This is one of the strangest games i have ever played! Having fun with it but having a really hard time getting on with the controls even with the simple controls on i mean why does the camera not rotate with the right stick like nearly every other game i have ever played in third person!
    why does the camera not rotate with the right stick like nearly every other game?
    After having lived in Japan forever for 16 years, I honestly don't know if it's because they are behind the times, living in a bubble and simply don't know better, or if it's just because they don't care and just do it their way despite most of the world thinking another way is arguably better. Honestly, I think it's a little bit of A and B.
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 03:40
    Gimmie badge
  • LancerideLanceride497,233
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 07:01
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    Cylon 118 said:
    why does the camera not rotate with the right stick like nearly every other game?
    After having lived in Japan forever for 16 years, I honestly don't know if it's because they are behind the times, living in a bubble and simply don't know better, or if it's just because they don't care and just do it their way despite most of the world thinking another way is arguably better. Honestly, I think it's a little bit of A and B.
    It's because the game purposefully has a kind of "tank controls", wherein both sticks must be used together to properly move the ball. It would have no challenge or real sense of momentum if the ball just rolled wherever you moved the left stick. Instead, you use the sticks in tandem, pushing them both in the same direction to move in that direction, and pushing them in different directions to turn yourself. It's not an easy control system, but once you get it down, it tends to be pretty consistent. The dash is the only thing that is truly finicky from a control standpoint.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • Osmo76Osmo761,305,305
    Posted on 09 June 22 at 07:36
    Luckily completed this in March. Of course there is always the Windows version... wink

Fun concept, but those two levels (bear and especially cow) and a few items kinda made the experience more painful than it needed to be.
  • SaurvivalistSaurvivalist347,057
    Posted on 09 June 22 at 16:07
    Na na na na na na na na na Katamari Damacy!
    https://discord.gg/thegreatvalley
  • The NotoThe Noto548,533
    Posted on 09 June 22 at 16:34
    90% Collection completion at the moment. Just realized I hadn't unlocked Eternal 2
    Cheers!
  • Posted on 11 June 22 at 03:27
    I'm currently going for full completion, collecting cousins at the moment. Still, the thought of having to carefully play Taurus for that stupid cow haunts me...going all the way back to the days of the PS2, when I rolled everything just to do it.

Even though this game hit game pass about a month or so after I bought it, there's no way I regret the purchase. Bring on We ❤️ Katamari!! Please??
  • Alchemist xPTKxAlchemist xPTKx1,601,242
    Posted on 11 June 22 at 05:18
    Still not done, but just got the Holy Cow and Holy Cow does it feel good
  • hammerpunchhammerpunch474,472
    Posted on 13 June 22 at 09:00
    Can I has badge?
    3 can keep a secret. If 2 are dead
  • qwe1313qwe1313219,432
    Posted on 13 June 22 at 17:34
    I was thinking of finishing this game for Playlist but white screen effect when trying to unlock free play mode (last few cm of katamari) made me totally frustrated.
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20590,927
    Posted on 13 June 22 at 19:58
    Finally finished! Man, I struggled with the last achievement...

I really enjoyed the game while initially playing through the levels, and even going back to pick up missing items was mostly okay, but getting the last few items from the Taurus and Ursa Major levels was almost frustrating enough to completely ruin my feelings about the entire game.

I feel like I need to go back and just roll around on Endless Mode for a while, just to remember what it was like to have fun in this game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.