Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Limited Run announces physical editions for 10 Xbox games

• CanezzaCanezza190,801
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 11:57
    Limited Run Games has announced that 10 Xbox games are down to get physical releases, including Doom 64, Tetris Effect: Connected, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge, and more.

Please click here to read the full story: Limited Run announces physical editions for 10 Xbox games
  • MeetTheCynicMeetTheCynic460,610
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 11:58
    I remember they specifically said that Scott Pilgrim would get an Xbox release, so I held off on buying the Switch version, then they never released it on Xbox so I got neither.

Hope they follow through with this smile
  • pezza888pezza888161,449
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 11:59
    Good stuff. Appreciate physical releases, great from a game preservation perspective.
  • Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:01
    I'm just hoping they do a physical release of Psychonauts 2 and they decrease shipping prices for overseas since that's what put me off buying stuff from them in past as it's about same price to ship it to UK as the game itself in some cases
    Kieran Walters (ST3ALTH EMPER0R)
  • Jsrc1990Jsrc1990191,862
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:02
    I'm waiting for a physical version of "Zombies Ate My Neighbors". In my country Colombia it is not available in the microsoft store. Doom 64 is pretty cool.
    Jsrc1990
  • UniQ G4M3R NLUniQ G4M3R NL1,076,982
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:04
    Plumbers Don't Wear Ties: Definitive Edition
    No way! I never expected to see a definitive edition of this game 🤣
  • Hazar KhallHazar Khall1,725,725
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:10
    UniQ G4M3R NL said:
    I have always wanted to play this trainwreck of an experience, I seriously hope this isnt a joke laugh
    Go big or go home (>*_*)>---gs
  • Strider ZweiStrider Zwei289,276
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:11
    It's such a shame it took so long for LRG to do Xbox releases but it's better late than never I guess
  • Doc BuddhaDoc Buddha925,858
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:12
    No.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,063,680
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:15
    "Are you planning on picking up any of these?"

I might buy the shadow run games for a third and maybe actually play them. I want to so badly... but they keep getting pushed down on my backlog.
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • TitianDanTitianDan1,014,718
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:15
    MeetTheCynic said:
    I remember they specifically said that Scott Pilgrim would get an Xbox release, so I held off on buying the Switch version, then they never released it on Xbox so I got neither.

Its already on xbox. It got released ages ago
    D Jones
  • Burty JrBurty Jr811,074
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:17
    We live in a world where A Boy and his Blob has a physical Xbox release, but Sonic Origins (and Mania at launch) is digital only. Get it together SEGA.
  • Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:20
    I mean, if you have any design know-how, and don't mind a representation of a game, you can always print your own (go to Office/Home Depot/print shop and ask for "gloss text", same semi-shiny paper). If in the US, ask at a Gamestop if the have spare cases, we had hundreds of Xbox and PS cases, not so much Switch.

I've done this when I worked there and owned the digital versions.
    Come check me out on Twitch, support your TA streamers - twitch.tv/leo_ascendent
  • ChPainkillerChPainkiller552,879
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:23
    UniQ G4M3R NL said:
    Right, that takes me back to classic AVGN (Angry Video Game Nerd) episodes back in like 2011.
  • Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:24
    Plumbers Don't Wear Ties ! Wow really scrapping the barrel of retro FMV crud!! Still no Night Trap release for XB and XB is getting this crap. Wow. There are a ton of old FMV games that deserve a definitive edition on modern consoles like Sewer Shark, Demolition Man, Mad Dog McCree, Dracula Unleashed...but Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. Just Wow.
  • KJer25KJer25862,661
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:24
    I’m definitely gonna snag TMNT! Pretty cool pins and the art book that tugs in my nostalgia.
    Separation from base 1000 and DLC lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:31
    Strider Zwei said:
    It's such a shame it took so long for LRG to do Xbox releases but it's better late than never I guess
    Xbox mandates that any game released physically must have a minimum of 10k units produced. This is why you see very few LRG xbox releases sadly.
  • The AllslayerThe Allslayer1,116,766
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:32, Edited on 07 June 22 at 12:32 by The Allslayer
    TitianDan said:
    MeetTheCynic said:

Its already on xbox. It got released ages ago
    Source? I don't see anything other than the first announcement where they said more info on a Xbox release would come later and it looks like it never happened.
  • MikeProcuratorMikeProcurator1,827,704
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:32
    Do these normally sell out super quick? Obviously they’re limited, but stil.
  • ShootZombiesShootZombies299,991
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 12:32
    Powerslave Exhumed!!! An excellent 90's shooter hidden gem and can't wait to have a physical, I still own my Sega Saturn original copy of the game. This is my personal favourite game from the boomer shooter era and any boomer shooter fan will absolutely love this game. As much as I love Duke Nukem 3D and Quake etc Powerslave Exhumed is hands down my favourite and Nightdive Studios remaster is truly excellent. Get it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.