Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Limited Run announces physical editions for 10 Xbox games

• Boots OrionBoots Orion914,301
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 19:14
    The Cherished said:
    Boots Orion said:
    The Cherished said:
    I am buying so many of these! They can't delist discs, those so and so's.
    No, but they could make it so you can't install them.
    I'm sure that's on their list of stuff to eventually accomplish one day. They've never forgiven us for not embracing flexplay.
    For the record, I think it would be a dick move for Microsoft to render physical discs unusable, but given that you still need to download the game (disc is merely a physical license effectively), I thought I should write that. I wasn't trying to be confrontational.

I know that digital licenses could also technically be unilaterally voided but I can't see either actually happening.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
  • RiIeyRiIey1,169,802
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 19:45
    All games should have physical releases.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,871
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 19:49
    RiIey said:
    Agreed.

Plus, I’m a sucker for steelcases. Just think of all the lost opportunities.
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 20:04
    TwistedTB said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    gammatron9000 said:
    first time i've heard of shadowrun trilogy on consoles. It would be an absolute nightmare with a controller
    It was reported here: Shadowrun Trilogy bringing three full 1,000G achievement lists to Xbox Game Pass in June
    It will be in Game Pass by the end of the month too, so you can try it out if you are curious.
    It’s on Steam, too. I backed Shadowrun Returns on Kickstarter where it met all its goals including the Dragonfall DLC stretch goal. Hong Kong was a separate Kickstarter campaign. It was first released as a DLC expansion pack & then later, like Dragonfall, was upgraded to a standalone Director’s Cut.

I got all the content as backer rewards so I haven’t been paying attention to the pricing. The best way to get it is the bundle which includes all games, OST, art book, anthology, etc. I’d wait, though, until it goes on sale again.
  • RiIeyRiIey1,169,802
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 20:49
    Allgorhythm said:
    RiIey said:
    Agreed.

Plus, I’m a sucker for steelcases. Just think of all the lost opportunities.
    Right. Case art is so underrated.
  • Nv DefinesNv Defines641,560
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 20:56
    Definitely looking forward to Boy and His Blob collection. Huge nostalgic game for me, one of our earliest games we played as a family back in the day.
  • EvilBilboXBLEvilBilboXBL650,064
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,114,424
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 22:49
    I mean I already have Doom on actual Nintendo 64 and I got it digitally. All the other games I legit confused by tbh O.o guess there is some little corner of gaming that wants these omega level obscure things most of which I've never heard of even tho I've played thousands of games and been gaming for 30 years now lol
    So it goes...
  • Jan 0Jan 0766,320
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 23:07
    i have no words for how less I care about this, especially for these prices. they should better stop delistings or at least guarantee to offer them for a certain time. (five years?)
  • NeoInTransitNeoInTransit642,329
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 23:48
    All of the forgotten/overlooked gems from the past that legitimately warrant a rerelease or remaster, and someone is throwing money at trash like Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. 🙃 It made for a funny AVGN episode but that doesn't warrant dignifying its existence with a new edition, especially in physical form.
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB1,328,794
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 00:36, Edited on 08 June 22 at 00:37 by TwistedTB
    Allgorhythm said:
    TwistedTB said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    gammatron9000 said:
    first time i've heard of shadowrun trilogy on consoles. It would be an absolute nightmare with a controller
    It was reported here: Shadowrun Trilogy bringing three full 1,000G achievement lists to Xbox Game Pass in June
    It will be in Game Pass by the end of the month too, so you can try it out if you are curious.
    It’s on Steam, too. I backed Shadowrun Returns on Kickstarter where it met all its goals including the Dragonfall DLC stretch goal. Hong Kong was a separate Kickstarter campaign. It was first released as a DLC expansion pack & then later, like Dragonfall, was upgraded to a standalone Director’s Cut.

I got all the content as backer rewards so I haven’t been paying attention to the pricing. The best way to get it is the bundle which includes all games, OST, art book, anthology, etc. I’d wait, though, until it goes on sale again.
    Oh cool! That collector's bundle sounds dope! Yeah I have owned them on Steam for a while, played through a couple of the games. Looking forward to playing them again for Xbox GS, but I will probably be more careful and use walkthroughs and stuff so I don't miss anything.
    https://www.twitch.tv/twistedtb
  • IGH KelliKatIGH KelliKat186,907
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 01:36
    A Ska studios bundle with charlie murder and the dishwasher games would be great. I'm not into collecting games which is why I prefer physical. I want to keep and replay 1% of the games i finish so i don't get the obsession with owning something. Physical media doesn't last forever either.
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 01:43
    TwistedTB said:
    Oh cool! That collector's bundle sounds dope! Yeah I have owned them on Steam for a while, played through a couple of the games. Looking forward to playing them again for Xbox GS, but I will probably be more careful and use walkthroughs and stuff so I don't miss anything.
    You probably noticed that the first game is much more a diamond in the rough than the other two. As a Shadowrun tabletop player back in 1989, I feel the game captures the right ambience. However, you'll find the second two games are much more polished. The developers obviously honed their craft and improved as they went along. I'm hoping the console versions will have been improved even further.
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 01:48
    RiIey said:
    Right. Case art is so underrated.
    I play games very deliberately. I like games with high replay value and will put 200+ hours into a 50 hour game.

I buy on impulse. My backlog exceeds my games played by a factor of greater than 3:1. As you say, cover art might factor into my impulsive decision to buy. I never miss an opportunity to pick up a steelcased game. You'd think gaming companies would understand about merchandising. Before glutting the market with cute figures, they should merchandise the game itself.
  • IGH KelliKatIGH KelliKat186,907
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 01:52
    NeoInTransit said:
    All of the forgotten/overlooked gems from the past that legitimately warrant a rerelease or remaster, and someone is throwing money at trash like Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. 🙃 It made for a funny AVGN episode but that doesn't warrant dignifying its existence with a new edition, especially in physical form.
    I bought a game from them and lurked the discord. There's certainly a big community of people that collect the games like baseball cards and have no interest in playing them. They'll buying anything.
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 02:01
    I moved straight to playstation after the drm crash that happened a few weeks back. This is a step in the right direction though so I'm glad to it. I may eventually comeback if physical releases start to become more of a thing on xbox.
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 02:54
    MikeProcurator said:
    Do these normally sell out super quick? Obviously they’re limited, but stil.
    More and more they've been able to do open preorders for 4 weeks. You should follow their Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram for their announcements of each sale. The announcements will say if they're open preorder or limited. If they're limited, and depending on the game, it will sell out quickly. They do two batches of games when they're limited amounts.
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414312,661
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 03:49
    "Doom 64 for 34.99"

Jeez. Forty dollars for a forty year old game(and yes, I know it's not really 40, but I've got a thing here)...
    roll
    Just a few weeks ago, I bought literally the entire series(save for Eternal, which I already had) for a little more than half that.
    I can singlehandedly replace Bungo’s entire army of 500.
  • mcnichojmcnichoj242,907
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 04:25
    The Cherished said:
    I'm sure that's on their list of stuff to eventually accomplish one day.
    Why do tomorrow what you can have already done yesterday?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTd_psdZzs
    For those that can't play the video, the LRG copy of Shadow Complex Remastered for PS4 does not work on PS5. Inserting it tells you to buy the digital PS4 game.
    So much for not delisting your discs.

beastwhitedude said:
    I moved straight to playstation after the drm crash that happened a few weeks back. This is a step in the right direction though so I'm glad to it. I may eventually comeback if physical releases start to become more of a thing on xbox.
    You moved to the platform with DRM issues?
    https://kotaku.com/playstation-3-ps3-vita-sony-digital-licen...
    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/ps-plus-extra-premiu...
  • Temple JonesTemple Jones191,628
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 04:28, Edited on 08 June 22 at 05:13 by Temple Jones
    Itzhak Nahaboo said:
    Plumbers Don't Wear Ties ! Wow really scrapping the barrel of retro FMV crud!! Still no Night Trap release for XB and XB is getting this crap. Wow. There are a ton of old FMV games that deserve a definitive edition on modern consoles like Sewer Shark, Demolition Man, Mad Dog McCree, Dracula Unleashed...but Plumbers Don't Wear Ties. Just Wow.
    Fun Fact Dracula Unleashed was published by and paid for by Pygnosis aka Sony Computer Interactive Entertainment Europe. so..... you'll never see that
    Edward Temple Jones
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.