Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Limited Run announces physical editions for 10 Xbox games

• Posted on 08 June 22 at 04:35
    Well, Shadowrun Trilogy is a must. Powerslave is a nice addition for the nostalgic PlayStation and Saturn fellows.
    All I know is that life is a droll, and conflict hastens blood.
  • RenkiRenki416,806
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 09:11
    My credit card is already crying. I'm picking up maybe... all of these?
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9408,182
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 11:53
    I think the bigger news is that Glover is getting a physical release for the N64
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,820,296
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 12:35
    mcnichoj said:
    The Cherished said:
    I'm sure that's on their list of stuff to eventually accomplish one day.
    Why do tomorrow what you can have already done yesterday?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTd_psdZzs
    For those that can't play the video, the LRG copy of Shadow Complex Remastered for PS4 does not work on PS5. Inserting it tells you to buy the digital PS4 game.
    So much for not delisting your discs.

Why you gotta be adding to my horrible cynicism? I'm already saltier than a Pizza Hut pizza as it is!
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 12:46
    Allgorhythm said:
    TwistedTB said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    gammatron9000 said:
    first time i've heard of shadowrun trilogy on consoles. It would be an absolute nightmare with a controller
    It was reported here: Shadowrun Trilogy bringing three full 1,000G achievement lists to Xbox Game Pass in June
    It will be in Game Pass by the end of the month too, so you can try it out if you are curious.
    It’s on Steam, too. I backed Shadowrun Returns on Kickstarter where it met all its goals including the Dragonfall DLC stretch goal. Hong Kong was a separate Kickstarter campaign. It was first released as a DLC expansion pack & then later, like Dragonfall, was upgraded to a standalone Director’s Cut.

I got all the content as backer rewards so I haven’t been paying attention to the pricing. The best way to get it is the bundle which includes all games, OST, art book, anthology, etc. I’d wait, though, until it goes on sale again.
    I burned through the Shadowrun series back on Steam a ways back. Would totally play again if only there was achievement support.
    Shields high.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,550,548
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 12:54
    Turtles looks very cool
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead710,010
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 13:03
    Thing is, Microsoft has shown digital will outlive physical. This will be especially true when consoles no longer have optical drives.

You haven’t been able to play a game from the disc since the Xbox 360. They have to be installed, so what difference does it make if you install it from disc or download (unless you have a 10GB / month data cap).
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 16:15
    mcnichoj said:
    The Cherished said:
    I'm sure that's on their list of stuff to eventually accomplish one day.
    Why do tomorrow what you can have already done yesterday?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTd_psdZzs
    For those that can't play the video, the LRG copy of Shadow Complex Remastered for PS4 does not work on PS5. Inserting it tells you to buy the digital PS4 game.
    So much for not delisting your discs.

beastwhitedude said:
    I moved straight to playstation after the drm crash that happened a few weeks back. This is a step in the right direction though so I'm glad to it. I may eventually comeback if physical releases start to become more of a thing on xbox.
    You moved to the platform with DRM issues?
    https://kotaku.com/playstation-3-ps3-vita-sony-digital-licen...
    https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/ps-plus-extra-premiu...
    Yes playstation has drm issues but when it has the most physical releases of the three consoles it doesn't really matter as much. As long as I can own 90% of my games library I don't care. Also what's with the articles? You can't play gamepass games offline and nobody should expect to play subscription service games offline anyways.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm614,871
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 16:22
    beastwhitedude said:
    You can't play gamepass games offline...
    You can play GamePass games offline on an XBox designated as your home console.
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 16:49
    Allgorhythm said:
    beastwhitedude said:
    For how long? You're telling me I could pay for gamepass once store a couple hundred games on my Xbox and then own those games for eternity without renewing?
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 17:41
    beastwhitedude said:
    For how long? You're telling me I could pay for gamepass once store a couple hundred games on my Xbox and then own those games for eternity without renewing?
    I don’t know if the system can be gamed. I imagine there are synch requirements & you’d have to go back online to pop achievements.

GamePass Ultimate is free for anyone who uses rewards points for the subscription & is a lot easier than gaming the system.
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 20:10, Edited on 08 June 22 at 20:11 by KaRBoN DiIOXiDE
    It can take a long time for the games to be delivered. I ordered Scott Pilgrim K.O for the Switch and it took over a year to arrive. Thats with any special edition from them. If you're buying from them to play the games, your best bet is digital while you wait for the physical versions. From a preservation prospective, I do plan on getting Doom 64, TMNT Shredder's Revenge, and Tetris Effect.
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 20:22
    beastwhitedude said:
    Allgorhythm said:
    beastwhitedude said:
    You can also play Games with Gold offline.

It knows your subscription expiry date, so if you have 3 days left of Gold + GP and you unplug the network cable then in 3 days it will prompt you to go online so it can check you renewed.

Now the longest subscription you can buy is 3 years, so that prevents eternity. However I believe you have to connect to the internet once a month so it can confirm you didn’t cancel your subscription.

The Xbox 360 didn’t work this way. But it would be impossible to have Game Pass or EA Play on Xbox 360 (even though there are Xbox 360 games in both subscriptions). Have to take the good with the bad.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 21:06
    HolyHalfDead said:
    You can also play Games with Gold offline.

It knows your subscription expiry date, so if you have 3 days left of Gold + GP and you unplug the network cable then in 3 days it will prompt you to go online so it can check you renewed.

Now the longest subscription you can buy is 3 years, so that prevents eternity. However I believe you have to connect to the internet once a month so it can confirm you didn’t cancel your subscription.

The Xbox 360 didn’t work this way. But it would be impossible to have Game Pass or EA Play on Xbox 360 (even though there are Xbox 360 games in both subscriptions). Have to take the good with the bad.
    The ability to go offline on your home console helps with certain achievements. For example, in Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition (on GP), the following achievement has to be unlocked on a Tuesday:
    Kentucky Route Zero: TV EditionHappy TuesdayThe Happy Tuesday achievement in Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition worth 323 pointsWin the claw game at Sam & Ida's.

If it’s Wednesday, rather than wait 6 days, you can go offline, set the system clock to the day before, & unlock the achievement.

Personally, I planned in advance & played on a Tuesday. However, were I to play The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe, I’d go offline & reset the system clock rather than sit in front of my XBox twiddling my thumbs for ten years to unlock:
    The Stanley Parable: Ultra DeluxeSuper Go OutsideThe Super Go Outside achievement in The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe worth 321 pointsDon't play The Stanley Parable for ten years.
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 21:23
    Xbox can't get Night Trap at all but PS5 gets it on physical... great...
  • Posted on 08 June 22 at 22:53
    Strider Zwei said:
    It's such a shame it took so long for LRG to do Xbox releases but it's better late than never I guess
    Has nothing to do with LRG. It was microsoft holding them back as they had a limit you had to order.
  • The NotoThe Noto636,507
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 23:17
    EvilBilboXBL said:
    LRG Confirmed Bill and Ted is not coming to Xbox: https://twitter.com/evilbilboxbl/status/1534265917651267584
    angryangryangry

It's insane to me that we can't even get THIS on Xbox consoles. What the hell is preventing us from getting the Bill and Ted collection. This article also says we're getting A Boy and His Blob. I guess I will believe that when I see it too.
    Cheers!
  • Posted on 09 June 22 at 09:30
    Ohh, nice. For sure going to pick up a few.
    Posted on 09 June 22 at 11:44
    Allgorhythm said:
    The ability to go offline on your home console helps with certain achievements.
    It certainly does. For Forza Horizon there is an achievement for each season, and the seasons change each week. I simply went offline and advanced the date a week at a time and when I went back online all 4 unlocked. I was one of the first people to get those achievements.
  • SliverPLSliverPL856,009
    Posted on 09 June 22 at 11:52
    Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
    Please...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.