TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

TA Playlist Wrap-up: Limbo

• Posted on 07 June 22 at 15:14
    We dive deep into the dark and gloomy forest of Playdead’s 2010 indie sensation, Limbo. Check out all the stats and TA Playlist feedback for May’s game of the month.

Please click here to read the full story: TA Playlist Wrap-up: Limbo
  • mikachu93mikachu93388,102
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 15:22
    I don't remember Limbo very well, but I loved Inside. Maybe it's time I go back and replay.
  • Posted on 07 June 22 at 15:31
    Great summary! Really cool game to play through and the 5 deaths or less is really not that hard. I would've preferred a zero death speed run!
  • KJer25KJer25945,490
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 15:31
    The article is absolutely right. Limbo paved the way for future indies. It was a AAA indie back in the days of Summer of Arcade. I could argue this and Super Meat Boy are the 2 most influential console indies ever created. Maybe throw in Castle Crashers, too.
    Separation from base 1000 and DLC lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • KuroiSama117KuroiSama117114,348
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 15:49
    KJer25 said:
    The article is absolutely right. Limbo paved the way for future indies. It was a AAA indie back in the days of Summer of Arcade. I could argue this and Super Meat Boy are the 2 most influential console indies ever created. Maybe throw in Castle Crashers, too.
    Agree with SMB and CC, but, IMO, Braid is more influential than Limbo
  • Lily Mu RBLily Mu RB851,940
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 15:59
    TonyTwoSteaks said:
    Great summary! Really cool game to play through and the 5 deaths or less is really not that hard. I would've preferred a zero death speed run!
    Playdead don’t listen to this guy, 5 deaths run is already ruining my stay-cation and giving me nightmares 😂
  • Posted on 07 June 22 at 16:15
    Lily Mu RB said:
    TonyTwoSteaks said:
    Playdead don’t listen to this guy, 5 deaths run is already ruining my stay-cation and giving me nightmares 😂
    haha! You'll definitely get it done. Just keep at it, it's all memorization. None of the sections on their own are particularly hard. Where are you dying most often?
  • The NotoThe Noto632,438
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 16:30
    I didn't make the cut-off, but I completed all three versions of LIMBO between 6/1 & 6/3. It was quite a bit of fun and felt like a real accomplishment. When I played the Windows stack. I made it a meta game to not pop an achievement until I first popped No Point in Dying, making my first achievement the rarest, and having to intentionally avoid getting the "egg" achievements along the way. I managed this and now feel like I can borderline speed-run this game. When you know exactly what you're doing, you can play through start-to-finish in less than an hour, and really get in the zone. On my Windows playthrough, I only had one death, and it was at the very last saw blade as I timed my jump JUST wrong.
    Cheers!
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20659,704
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 18:29
    The Noto said:
    I didn't make the cut-off, but I completed all three versions of LIMBO between 6/1 & 6/3. It was quite a bit of fun and felt like a real accomplishment. When I played the Windows stack. I made it a meta game to not pop an achievement until I first popped No Point in Dying, making my first achievement the rarest, and having to intentionally avoid getting the "egg" achievements along the way. I managed this and now feel like I can borderline speed-run this game. When you know exactly what you're doing, you can play through start-to-finish in less than an hour, and really get in the zone. On my Windows playthrough, I only had one death, and it was at the very last saw blade as I timed my jump JUST wrong.
    I saw you were just a bit too late. Shout-out in spirit, though! Impressive to finish all three that quickly!
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 18:59, Edited on 07 June 22 at 19:00 by The Noto
    BetaSigX20 said:
    I saw you were just a bit too late. Shout-out in spirit, though! Impressive to finish all three that quickly!
    I really appreciate Playlist for motivating me to make it happen. I originally only set out to complete the 360 version. But I decided to do the One stack since it was on GamePass, and the Windows stack since it was announced to soon be removed from GamePass. This was a surprisingly fun time for me. Now back to Katamari.
    Cheers!
  • Lily Mu RBLily Mu RB851,940
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 19:09
    TonyTwoSteaks said:
    Lily Mu RB said:
    TonyTwoSteaks said:
    haha! You'll definitely get it done. Just keep at it, it's all memorization. None of the sections on their own are particularly hard. Where are you dying most often?
    You actually gave me motivation to try again!

…and then I died 3 times after the kid gets cocooned by the spider because I can’t seem to figure out his movements 😅
    Posted on 07 June 22 at 19:22
    Lily Mu RB said:
    …and then I died 3 times after the kid gets cocooned by the spider because I can’t seem to figure out his movements ??
    Jumping the one gap that you have to jump over while you're cocooned before you get to the boulder is one of the more difficult jumps in the game IMO.
    Cheers!
  • Catching ZZZsCatching ZZZs1,179,013
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 01:30
    Woah thanks for the shout-out! That's amazing! smile
    Just a slight adjustment, my gamertag is actually 2 words. Catching ZZZs laugh

I remember years ago thinking I'd never get that 5 or less deaths achievement but I was determined! I forget who mentioned it in the comments so I apologize for not stating who, but the best advice I used was to have 2 versions of the game open at the same time, and use one as a practice run. Good luck to anyone who will still be going for this! toast
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo298,442
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 08:23
    Definitely 1 of my top 5 games of all time on the 360. I recall some jumps I'd fail even if i knew they were coming but remeber my 4th death on the last sawblade.

Some of those "investor suggestions" are just complete garbage.
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20659,704
    Posted on 08 June 22 at 13:48
    Catching ZZZs said:
    Oof, sorry. The link was correct on the Shout-Out sheet, so must've just been a typo in the article. We'll get it fixed! toast
  • Catching ZZZsCatching ZZZs1,179,013
    Posted on 13 June 22 at 01:39
    BetaSigX20 said:
    Catching ZZZs said:
    Oof, sorry. The link was correct on the Shout-Out sheet, so must've just been a typo in the article. We'll get it fixed! toast
    No worries, thanks for the correction! toast
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.