Game Discussion: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Missable Achievements?

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 June 22 at 16:48
    The Walkthrough states that there are 4 missable achievements, but then doesn't list what they are. Anybody know what I should be watching out for? Thanks.
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,112,320
    Posted on 09 June 22 at 16:54, Edited on 09 June 22 at 16:55 by RadiantViper
    3 of the achievements are collectible related. The game saves your collectible progress each chapter and using chapter replay won't make the collectibles save permanently. So if you miss too many you would have to start a new save file and start from scratch. If you follow a full collectible guide you'll be fine.

The other one involves a chapter where you can spend money on side items or even get scammed. If you lose too much money you lose the opportunity to pay off a fine in a later chapter. Again chapter replay wouldn't work since your money is saved per chapter too.

You can see the 4 specific missables if you go to the achievement page and look for the missable flag (you can also use the filter options to show them).
  • Posted on 21 September 22 at 19:47
    I missed a collectable as the text guide is not great and the video guide is 2 asshats talking like its podcast. Do I have to restart an entire playthrough?? Why aren't collectables applicable in chapter select that is so annoying.
    One does not simply stop playing xbox
  • JusT1k1639JusT1k163927,745
    Posted on 07 October 22 at 09:36
    YaIrishMick96 said:
    I missed a collectable as the text guide is not great and the video guide is 2 asshats talking like its podcast. Do I have to restart an entire playthrough?? Why aren't collectables applicable in chapter select that is so annoying.
    Hey, how did you get your collectible achievement to pop in the end?
    Did it work with new game plus?

I still need this last collectible achievement and would only want to replay the game if I can get it in NG+.
  • Posted on 09 October 22 at 09:59
    JusT1k1639 said:
    YaIrishMick96 said:
    Hey, how did you get your collectible achievement to pop in the end?
    Did it work with new game plus?

I still need this last collectible achievement and would only want to replay the game if I can get it in NG+.
    Yes, I used chapter select. Don't listen to half the comments you see online you CAN collect collectables in chapter select. Check my comment on the achievement guide to see exactly what chapter to load (I can't remember if it's 12 or 14. If you want to do new game plus you can but that's infinitely longer.
    One does not simply stop playing xbox
  • JusT1k1639JusT1k163927,745
    Posted on 19 October 22 at 13:49
    YaIrishMick96 said:
    Yes, I used chapter select. Don't listen to half the comments you see online you CAN collect collectables in chapter select. Check my comment on the achievement guide to see exactly what chapter to load (I can't remember if it's 12 or 14. If you want to do new game plus you can but that's infinitely longer.
    Hey, thanks for your advice.
    Finally got the achievement by starting this game witch xbox cloud and loading into chapter 12. Interacted with some of the collected items on the ship and it popped :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads