Game Discussion: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

Game Progress Not Saving

  • Posted on 17 June 22 at 21:16
    Hey ya’ll,

    I’ve been having trouble with the game saving after I quit. I’ve turned on the game three different times since release and every time I’ve had to start from the beginning of story mode.

    Am I missing something? Kind of frustrating doing everything over 3 times.
    WeavingPlacebo7
  • GLLGLL360,223
    Posted on 18 June 22 at 01:57
    You on series x? I am, have not been playing story only arcade but the in game achievement counter keeps reseting if I leave the game. That shows an issue with saving, hopefully they patch it and fast.
  • Aura BattlerAura Battler770,951
    Posted on 18 June 22 at 07:47, Edited on 18 June 22 at 09:38 by Aura Battler
    I noticed something wrong for the save...facepalm

    There is a "save" icon at the bottom right hand corner when you finish a level or pick up a collectible, it's normal. However, after you finish the level, if go back all the way to the very first title screen, there is also a "save" icon appears... I did that and I noticed it would reset my save to a new one...shock Luckily I had the old save in the cloud after I deleted the save in console.

    My suggestions is after you finish the level, and see the save done completely, just force quit the game in the open world screen, DON'T go back to the first title screen.

    Perhaps only me had that problem, please prove me if I am wrong...I am using Xbox One X.
  • GLLGLL360,223
    Posted on 19 June 22 at 02:11
    Aura Battler said:
    I noticed something wrong for the save...facepalm

    There is a "save" icon at the bottom right hand corner when you finish a level or pick up a collectible, it's normal. However, after you finish the level, if go back all the way to the very first title screen, there is also a "save" icon appears... I did that and I noticed it would reset my save to a new one...shock Luckily I had the old save in the cloud after I deleted the save in console.

    My suggestions is after you finish the level, and see the save done completely, just force quit the game in the open world screen, DON'T go back to the first title screen.

    Perhaps only me had that problem, please prove me if I am wrong...I am using Xbox One X.
    I think you are on to something, has something to do with going to the very first screen.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw689,919
    Posted on 19 June 22 at 09:24
    I'm not sure what the very first screen is, but on Xbox One for me, I can go back to the main menu screen and not lose any progress.
  • Aura BattlerAura Battler770,951
    Posted on 19 June 22 at 16:19
    I mean the screen with the game title name, manufacturer name and production year.
  • Posted on 20 June 22 at 15:55
    Hey ya’ll, didn’t see these replies.

    What works for me is closing the game when there is no “continue” option. When loading the game back up, I can continue my previous save. I’m on XBONE.
    WeavingPlacebo7
  • GLLGLL360,223
    Posted on 22 June 22 at 23:04
    planchetflaw said:
    I'm not sure what the very first screen is, but on Xbox One for me, I can go back to the main menu screen and not lose any progress.
    Well it's the very first screen funny enough.
  • KillrNutKillrNut155,621
    Posted on 25 June 22 at 19:31
    I had the exact same thing happen to me after the very first time I played. But it hasn't come back since.

    Unfortunately if you quick resume the game (series X), the multiplayer connectivity will not work. You have to force quit the game and then reload and then multiplayer is fine. Each time I do this now I'm a little nervous like OMG is this gonna ruin my save. But so far so good.
  • Posted on 27 June 22 at 19:30, Edited on 27 June 22 at 19:30 by Resident eLail
    I have never trusted exiting a game from the "play area" or using Quick Resume. I always old-school this shit.

    1) Save game, or get to an auto save point
    2) Quit the game using the in-game menus, getting all the way back to title screen
    3) Press home, quit the game/application

    Quick Resume wrecks havoc with many different games as far as playability and achievement progress. I treat every system like it's still the 1990s PlayStation system laugh
    Just call me Lail. I'm a he/him/his Resident Evil junkie...
  • KillrNutKillrNut155,621
    Posted on 27 June 22 at 21:54
    I make sure I get the save icon before exiting the game. And it hasn't been a problem since. I think the first time when it happened it may have been because I quit out of the game before it got to a save point.
  • GLLGLL360,223
    Posted on 28 June 22 at 18:51
    Resident eLail said:
    I have never trusted exiting a game from the "play area" or using Quick Resume. I always old-school this shit.

    1) Save game, or get to an auto save point
    2) Quit the game using the in-game menus, getting all the way back to title screen
    3) Press home, quit the game/application

    Quick Resume wrecks havoc with many different games as far as playability and achievement progress. I treat every system like it's still the 1990s PlayStation system laugh
    Doing what you are doing is how mine would break.
  • Posted on 28 June 22 at 23:40
    GLL said:
    Resident eLail said:
    I have never trusted exiting a game from the "play area" or using Quick Resume. I always old-school this shit.

    1) Save game, or get to an auto save point
    2) Quit the game using the in-game menus, getting all the way back to title screen
    3) Press home, quit the game/application

    Quick Resume wrecks havoc with many different games as far as playability and achievement progress. I treat every system like it's still the 1990s PlayStation system laugh
    Doing what you are doing is how mine would break.
    Well......... shit
    Just call me Lail. I'm a he/him/his Resident Evil junkie...
  • Posted on 29 June 22 at 20:07
    I keep losing game save :(( so close to getting every character leveled up
  • GLLGLL360,223
    Posted on 29 June 22 at 21:03
    I WIggles I Snr said:
    I keep losing game save :(( so close to getting every character leveled up
    I lost mine today and I deleted my save from console and downloaded from cloud twice to get it back, no idea why it didnt work on the first cloud download.

    Very dodgy.
  • ttfp saylowttfp saylow156,427
    Posted on 09 July 22 at 02:23
    Resident eLail said:
    I have never trusted exiting a game from the "play area" or using Quick Resume. I always old-school this shit.

    1) Save game, or get to an auto save point
    2) Quit the game using the in-game menus, getting all the way back to title screen
    3) Press home, quit the game/application

    Quick Resume wrecks havoc with many different games as far as playability and achievement progress. I treat every system like it's still the 1990s PlayStation system laugh
    i just quit out completely out of habit. I check all the things listed in the "recent"list, and force close the games/apps with the "quit" button, and I also switch off the Series X at the mains. 🤣

    I wasn't even aware of the "quick resume" issues at the beginning. First read about it for Halo Infinite.
  • GLLGLL360,223
    Posted on 10 July 22 at 03:23
    ttfp saylow said:
    Resident eLail said:
    I have never trusted exiting a game from the "play area" or using Quick Resume. I always old-school this shit.

    1) Save game, or get to an auto save point
    2) Quit the game using the in-game menus, getting all the way back to title screen
    3) Press home, quit the game/application

    Quick Resume wrecks havoc with many different games as far as playability and achievement progress. I treat every system like it's still the 1990s PlayStation system laugh
    i just quit out completely out of habit. I check all the things listed in the "recent"list, and force close the games/apps with the "quit" button, and I also switch off the Series X at the mains. 🤣

    I wasn't even aware of the "quick resume" issues at the beginning. First read about it for Halo Infinite.
    Just to say again this is not a quick resume issue, very few people on TA will use quick resume, that will be noobs, we know the BS that comes with xbox on TA, the game has an issue with the save deleting regardless, best thing to do is back out to the character select screen from story mode then it saves before you quit, but don't go back to the very very first screen as that seems to wipe the save, my game crashed and I went back in and the save was gone and I had to delete console save twice and redownload from the cloud to get it back.
  • ttfp saylowttfp saylow156,427
    Posted on 10 July 22 at 08:07
    GLL said:
    ttfp saylow said:
    Resident eLail said:
    I have never trusted exiting a game from the "play area" or using Quick Resume. I always old-school this shit.

    1) Save game, or get to an auto save point
    2) Quit the game using the in-game menus, getting all the way back to title screen
    3) Press home, quit the game/application

    Quick Resume wrecks havoc with many different games as far as playability and achievement progress. I treat every system like it's still the 1990s PlayStation system laugh
    i just quit out completely out of habit. I check all the things listed in the "recent"list, and force close the games/apps with the "quit" button, and I also switch off the Series X at the mains. 🤣

    I wasn't even aware of the "quick resume" issues at the beginning. First read about it for Halo Infinite.
    Just to say again this is not a quick resume issue, very few people on TA will use quick resume, that will be noobs, we know the BS that comes with xbox on TA, the game has an issue with the save deleting regardless, best thing to do is back out to the character select screen from story mode then it saves before you quit, but don't go back to the very very first screen as that seems to wipe the save, my game crashed and I went back in and the save was gone and I had to delete console save twice and redownload from the cloud to get it back.
    Oh, I don't really know the different causes of games wiping saves. 😅
    I was just pointing out, I never use Quick Resume.
  • magiccigammagiccigam980,157
    Posted on 21 July 22 at 14:05, Edited on 21 July 22 at 14:09 by magiccigam
    Lost my save today. So annoying as I already made some good progress towards max level.

    Won't play this until they fix this issue.

    //nevermind. I had to delete my local save about 5 times and it finally loaded my cloud save (although it showed that it was loaded every time)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.