The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up July 5th, 2022

  • EazyE2285EazyE2285662,172
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 05:25
    Hell of a 360 sale. Had 3 games on my wish list pop up that I wanted to snag on digital as I either started them rented or played in GP and it's left. Two are CoD games though and I think I'll hold off on their "Hey we know this game was a 360 launch title 17 years ago but we still won't go lower than 50% off" until I see if they all jump into GP when that sale goes through.

    I'll snag Bayonetta though. Was excited to see SR2 DLC but then realized it's heavy on multiplayer so I'm gonna pass on that.
  • Posted on 05 July 22 at 05:40
    Any of these racing games easy to 1k
  • Triple g 101Triple g 101190,235
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 05:55
    Rumble Roses... Nice!
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285662,172
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 06:06
    Schinderdiv said:
    Be sure to grab The Last Campfire if you haven't played it yet, it's a wonderful game.
    Just noticed this was on my wishlist too. Probably grab it up to play between sessions of Just Cause 2 since that is just repetitive gameplay for a nonsensical amount of time
  • Posted on 05 July 22 at 06:11, Edited on 05 July 22 at 06:43 by WhySoSeri0usXxX
    Really sucks that Silent Hill Homecoming and Silent Hill: Downpour are not in the EU store.

    Are they 60fps on Xbox Series X? Maybe i will buy the disc versions.
  • torrens7760torrens7760169,482
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 06:18, Edited on 05 July 22 at 06:24 by torrens7760
    Unless you NEED achievements, I wouldn't recommend the Silent Hill HD Collection. It's one of my fave series, and 2 and 3 really stand out to me. Unfortunately, the 'HD' is not actually HD in the ways that matter. The ambience and atmosphere is ruined by the game having sharper graphics. A remake rather than a remaster would have been better. The new voice actors are great - the problem here is that originally the characters were modelled on the voice/live action models. This is where the classic awkwardness comes from. Having Troy Baker voice an awkward, weird man doesn't fit - at least for me, knowing what Guy Cihi sounded like. There's also many audio problems that ruin certain moments (in Silent Hill 2 specifically I can think of one moment entirely changed). I think that for one of the games, they lost some kind of audio file, and to fix this they simply dubbed very literally *over* the original audio, so apparently you can still hear the original if you listen hard enough.

    Ultimately, if you can afford it you should try to play the games on the original PS2 or Xbox versions (though you can probably... get them 'elsewhere'). I think everyone should play Silent Hill 2 and 3 (3's my personal favourite), just not in this version. If you just want achievements you probably won't care, but if you're looking to actually try and enjoy the games, I'd definitely recommend playing them in their original forms first.

    Edited to talk about Homecoming:

    Homecoming is..... fine. It's not a very good Silent Hill game (this is coming from a fan, who knows the lore and appreciates previous permutations). It's also not the best 'action survival horror' game, either. It's very buggy (the walkthrough will let you know about the bugs as you play!). It's a very different vibe to the previous Silent Hill games. The story itself would be interesting if the themes were not done so heavy handed- one good thing about previous SH games is the subtly of all the weird stuff going on. Though there is one very, VERY good monster design. You WILL know which one I mean when you see it. Unfortunately that fight, and pretty much any combat scenario, is bogged down by QTE and basically mashing buttons. There's a story-related reason why they updated the combat but it's still bullshit. Development for this game was dogged by uncertainty and constant changing, and it shows. It's not exactly a hard game, and the achievements are relatively straightforward if you follow the guide. However, it's a strong contender in the 'why Silent Hill fans are dying for a new GOOD game' list, because they turned into Homecoming and Downpour and then P.T. was snatched away from us.
    Anyway. Those are my SH thoughts.
    Cogito ergo sum.
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,092,449
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 06:23, Edited on 05 July 22 at 06:23 by GR34TD3STR0Y3R
    Picked up 3 360 games.
    Actually a great sale. Had another 4 or 5 on my wish list too but need to have some restrain. Best sale in a loooong time.
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • Posted on 05 July 22 at 07:11
    Blue Mensa said:
    I was ALWAYS too scared to finish Condemned when I was a kid and rented it LOL.

    I just downloaded it, gonna be my next 100% I owe it to myself. haha
    Rented it long ago too. The game can be a little buggy. I swear I got all the weapons but progress on a level can be reset if you die. Also it's a weird 970G instead of 1k. Good luck!
  • Posted on 05 July 22 at 07:18
    torrens7760 said:
    Unless you NEED achievements, I wouldn't recommend the Silent Hill HD Collection. It's one of my fave series, and 2 and 3 really stand out to me. Unfortunately, the 'HD' is not actually HD in the ways that matter. The ambience and atmosphere is ruined by the game having sharper graphics. A remake rather than a remaster would have been better. The new voice actors are great - the problem here is that originally the characters were modelled on the voice/live action models. This is where the classic awkwardness comes from. Having Troy Baker voice an awkward, weird man doesn't fit - at least for me, knowing what Guy Cihi sounded like. There's also many audio problems that ruin certain moments (in Silent Hill 2 specifically I can think of one moment entirely changed). I think that for one of the games, they lost some kind of audio file, and to fix this they simply dubbed very literally *over* the original audio, so apparently you can still hear the original if you listen hard enough.

    Ultimately, if you can afford it you should try to play the games on the original PS2 or Xbox versions (though you can probably... get them 'elsewhere'). I think everyone should play Silent Hill 2 and 3 (3's my personal favourite), just not in this version. If you just want achievements you probably won't care, but if you're looking to actually try and enjoy the games, I'd definitely recommend playing them in their original forms first.

    Edited to talk about Homecoming:

    Homecoming is..... fine. It's not a very good Silent Hill game (this is coming from a fan, who knows the lore and appreciates previous permutations). It's also not the best 'action survival horror' game, either. It's very buggy (the walkthrough will let you know about the bugs as you play!). It's a very different vibe to the previous Silent Hill games. The story itself would be interesting if the themes were not done so heavy handed- one good thing about previous SH games is the subtly of all the weird stuff going on. Though there is one very, VERY good monster design. You WILL know which one I mean when you see it. Unfortunately that fight, and pretty much any combat scenario, is bogged down by QTE and basically mashing buttons. There's a story-related reason why they updated the combat but it's still bullshit. Development for this game was dogged by uncertainty and constant changing, and it shows. It's not exactly a hard game, and the achievements are relatively straightforward if you follow the guide. However, it's a strong contender in the 'why Silent Hill fans are dying for a new GOOD game' list, because they turned into Homecoming and Downpour and then P.T. was snatched away from us.
    Anyway. Those are my SH thoughts.
    What's your take on Downpour?
    Imperfection and impurity still infects this galaxy. My crusade was left incomplete... and now I will complete it.
  • SeeD RedSeeD Red774,520
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 07:28, Edited on 05 July 22 at 07:29 by SeeD Red
    WhySoSeri0usXxX said:
    Really sucks that Silent Hill Homecoming and Silent Hill: Downpour are not in the EU store.

    Are they 60fps on Xbox Series X? Maybe i will buy the disc versions.
    Just saying, but it's pretty easy to relocate your account as an US account for a few days, buy credit for US store and get the games working on your consoles. Worked like a charm for me with three 360 games unavailable in EU.
  • GsO LightGsO Light207,150 207,150 GamerScore
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 07:50
    Microsoft really doesn't let you add a paypal account for 360 / marketplace anymore, I accidentally removed mine so now I can never purchase stuff from 360 or marketplace using paypal, I guess they don't want my money roll
  • I Boz lI Boz l1,122,068
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 08:00
    WhySoSeri0usXxX said:
    Are they 60fps on Xbox Series X? Maybe i will buy the disc versions.
    Are you really asking if a 2008/2012 360 games (from konami) have been upgraded for the new gen consoles? laugh Good old 30 mate laugh
    Jokes aside, here you can find the full list of games that got the fps boost: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/fpsboost/
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead658,089
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 08:04, Edited on 05 July 22 at 08:23 by HolyHalfDead
    ackbar7 said:
    Nice to see Saints Row 2 DLC on sale
    GoyetteQC said:
    A Saints Row 2 dlc sale, neat.
    AlizJanani said:
    Finally! Saints Row 1/2 DLCs are on sale!
    I have been waiting years this. Whilst the base game goes on sale often, I vowed never to play it unless the DLC went on sale. And not only is it all on sale, but it is only $2.53 USD for the lot - or $2.25 USD including taxes from New Zealand!

    All those Tom Clancy games, but I'm still waiting for a sale on Deniable Ops: Insurgency for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • C64 MatC64 Mat1,627,236
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 08:28, Edited on 05 July 22 at 08:31 by C64 Mat
    torrens7760 said:
    Unless you NEED achievements, I wouldn't recommend the Silent Hill HD Collection. It's one of my fave series, and 2 and 3 really stand out to me. Unfortunately, the 'HD' is not actually HD in the ways that matter. The ambience and atmosphere is ruined by the game having sharper graphics. A remake rather than a remaster would have been better. The new voice actors are great - the problem here is that originally the characters were modelled on the voice/live action models. This is where the classic awkwardness comes from. Having Troy Baker voice an awkward, weird man doesn't fit - at least for me, knowing what Guy Cihi sounded like. There's also many audio problems that ruin certain moments (in Silent Hill 2 specifically I can think of one moment entirely changed). I think that for one of the games, they lost some kind of audio file, and to fix this they simply dubbed very literally *over* the original audio, so apparently you can still hear the original if you listen hard enough.

    Ultimately, if you can afford it you should try to play the games on the original PS2 or Xbox versions (though you can probably... get them 'elsewhere'). I think everyone should play Silent Hill 2 and 3 (3's my personal favourite), just not in this version. If you just want achievements you probably won't care, but if you're looking to actually try and enjoy the games, I'd definitely recommend playing them in their original forms first.

    Edited to talk about Homecoming:

    Homecoming is..... fine. It's not a very good Silent Hill game (this is coming from a fan, who knows the lore and appreciates previous permutations). It's also not the best 'action survival horror' game, either. It's very buggy (the walkthrough will let you know about the bugs as you play!). It's a very different vibe to the previous Silent Hill games. The story itself would be interesting if the themes were not done so heavy handed- one good thing about previous SH games is the subtly of all the weird stuff going on. Though there is one very, VERY good monster design. You WILL know which one I mean when you see it. Unfortunately that fight, and pretty much any combat scenario, is bogged down by QTE and basically mashing buttons. There's a story-related reason why they updated the combat but it's still bullshit. Development for this game was dogged by uncertainty and constant changing, and it shows. It's not exactly a hard game, and the achievements are relatively straightforward if you follow the guide. However, it's a strong contender in the 'why Silent Hill fans are dying for a new GOOD game' list, because they turned into Homecoming and Downpour and then P.T. was snatched away from us.
    Anyway. Those are my SH thoughts.
    This man knows.

    I will say though, that Downpour - far from the dizzying heights of 2 & 3, admittedly - did a lot of good. It brings the Silent Hill style back in ways that Homecoming really didn't. Outside of the first four games, Downpour is my next favourite in the series.

    If anyone has access to a half decent gaming PC, do a web search for Silent Hill 2 EE, and the same for 3 & 4. They're fan modded versions of the games with wide-screen hi-def support, proper volumetric fog and ambient occlusion, and essentially remaster the best three games in the series in ways that Konami could only dream of.

    All of the stuff that was missing on the PC releases, such as soft edged shadows, fixed fog and noise filter, viewing distance, 3D sound etc have been restored and improved in fidelity.

    Outside of playing the OG Xbox versions, they are the definitive way to play the games.

    Silent Hill 3 in particular looks fantastic.

    Here's some more detail for you:
    http://enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/about.htm
    https://systemmastersgames.wordpress.com/
  • Posted on 05 July 22 at 08:47, Edited on 05 July 22 at 08:58 by WhySoSeri0usXxX
    I Boz l said:
    WhySoSeri0usXxX said:
    Are they 60fps on Xbox Series X? Maybe i will buy the disc versions.
    Are you really asking if a 2008/2012 360 games (from konami) have been upgraded for the new gen consoles? laugh Good old 30 mate laugh
    Jokes aside, here you can find the full list of games that got the fps boost: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/fpsboost/
    Well there are some 360 games that have unlocked framerate, so not a weird question...
  • monkeyampmonkeyamp215,580
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 10:03
    Rumble Roses XX for me :)
  • Escaflowne01Escaflowne01671,527
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 10:11
    Brought more than I should have Call of Duty 2/3, Rumble Roses, Peace Walker, Frogger 1/2, Rock of Ages II and The Waking.

    There is one game called Waking from Tinybuild that isn't showing up in the sale here or on the sales hub. I only noticed it because it was on my wishlist. Reduced from £16 to £1.67.

    https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/store/waking-xbox-one/9n91p...
  • GR34TD3STR0Y3RGR34TD3STR0Y3R1,092,449
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 10:18
    IronAznSnsation said:
    Blue Mensa said:
    I was ALWAYS too scared to finish Condemned when I was a kid and rented it LOL.

    I just downloaded it, gonna be my next 100% I owe it to myself. haha
    Rented it long ago too. The game can be a little buggy. I swear I got all the weapons but progress on a level can be reset if you die. Also it's a weird 970G instead of 1k. Good luck!
    Collecting the metal things is 100% buggy.
    The problem with the weapons, not everyone realizes is, you have to hit an enemy with each and every weapon and gun, not just collect them. And if you die, your progress is not saved, so you need to reuse whatever weapons you used between checkpoints and hope you get another checkpoint.
    Chill out bro. Be nicer to each other.
  • Aura BattlerAura Battler774,464
    Posted on 05 July 22 at 10:37
    Wow! There are so many 360 games, some of them are seldom on sales: Fighter Vipers, Altered Beast, Frogger, Guardian Heroes, Super Contra, Silent Hill Homecoming, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD. If you miss this time, may need to wait for next few years!

    Thanks for backwards compatible! clap
  • Posted on 05 July 22 at 11:31
    Just a heads up for the two of you looking to buy Aliens Versus Predator that the online servers have been down for the past 2 months with no warning whatsoever. Normally I'd encourage more people to play it and get the MP done, but for now, steer clear.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.