TA Playlist

Messageboard for all things TA Playlist

TA Playlist Wrap-up: Katamari Damacy Reroll

• Posted on 12 July 22 at 09:41
    We spent the month gathering items and making stars in Katamari Damacy Reroll. Join us for a recap of all the stats and feedback for June’s featured TA Playlist game!

Please click here to read the full story: TA Playlist Wrap-up: Katamari Damacy Reroll
  • vSullyvSully1,170,202
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 10:11
    This is a great game and I'm glad the playlist pushed people to try it out.

The sequel, We ❤ Katamari, was even better IMO and I'm surprised that there's been no mention of a remaster :/
  • Team BissetTeam Bisset1,032,989
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 10:18
    I maxed this game and I enjoyed it but its not for the achievment hunting faint of heart. I was addicted and couldnt stop till I maxed it.
  • uberJamesuberJames431,228
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 10:38
    I'll say it again, I did not enjoy this game. Play Donut County for a better experience.
  • Lily Mu RBLily Mu RB730,255
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 10:43
    I actually did the unthinkable, got King of Katamari Damacy achievement on BOTH the console and Windows stack
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,789,536
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 10:46, Edited on 12 July 22 at 10:48 by EarthboundX
    Always wanted to try this series out and I'm real glad I did. Almost done with Reroll, just have 2% of the collection left. Just a really fun action puzzle game, with a great and silly sense of humor.

Liked it so much I went out and ordered Beautiful Katamari for the Xbox 360, the only other Katamari game on Xbox systems. Hope remasters of the 2nd and 3rd game come out as well.

I played the game Tornado Outbreak years ago, a game heavily inspired by Katamari. It surprised me at the time how good it was, as it was just a random rental at the time. So if you're looking for another Katamari style game, check it out.

Tornado Outbreak Achievements
  • KJer25KJer25863,228
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 11:23
    Beautiful Katamari on 360 us amazing as well. Track it down, and it’s playable back compat.
    Separation from base 1000 and DLC lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • VegiezaVegieza790,666
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 11:46
    Yay, I got on the shout out list!

I was hunkered over a stack of print-outs for few hours every night during the clean up lol
  • LancerideLanceride497,251
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 13:45
    My first time being quoted in one of these articles, and I made it in twice! 😎

I love this game, I really do. I acknowledge that it isn't perfect and certainly not for everyone, but I was happy to complete it. I even went as far as writing a review of it for the site, linked here: Katamari Damacy Reroll Reviews

If you have yet to try it, remember it is on Game Pass, so there is basically no downside to giving it a go unless you're a completionist who insists upon getting every achievement. At the very least, boot it up to be greeted with one of the most iconic video game intros of all time.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,180,614
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 15:29
    Oh dang that's me! Here I thought I was taking time with that completion. laugh
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
  • ScoliScoli98,476
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 15:56
    Wish there was some way to incorporate this on TT. Played this game on PS instead of Xbox.
  • The NotoThe Noto548,504
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 16:15
    This was Playlist Perfection.

Now I gotta get back to Soma.
    Cheers!
  • RiBoPRiBoP561,465
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 17:22
    Nice wrap-up again! And thanks for the mention toast
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm578,303
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 18:36
    Great wrap-up!
  • Cylon 118Cylon 118522,214
    Posted on 12 July 22 at 20:25
    Well i think i got the last item on the 2nd of july so i was close!
  • BetaSigX20BetaSigX20590,976
    Posted on 13 July 22 at 02:45
    Lanceride said:
    My first time being quoted in one of these articles, and I made it in twice! 😎
    Huh, I could've sworn we'd quoted you before. Well, you definitely deserved it this month. Thanks for all the good comments... it was hard to limit it to just two! toast
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,839,851
    Posted on 13 July 22 at 06:41
    uberJames said:
    I'll say it again, I did not enjoy this game. Play Donut County for a better experience.
    People these days.

Donut County is just a bad Katamari!
  • uberJamesuberJames431,228
    Posted on 13 July 22 at 09:28
    Anxsighety said:
    uberJames said:
    People these days.

It actually has varied gameplay with puzzle elements. Not to mention it's not a grind to get through.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,789,536
    Posted on 13 July 22 at 10:43
    uberJames said:
    Anxsighety said:
    uberJames said:
    People these days.

It actually has varied gameplay with puzzle elements. Not to mention it's not a grind to get through.
    I enjoyed both, though I liked Katamari more overall.
  • Omniscient AlOmniscient Al1,356,690
    Posted on 17 July 22 at 22:15
    Awful game. Never understood the enthusiasm. Must come from Donkey Kong on Cloeco enthusiasts
    Al
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.