The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale: TA Team Picks

  • DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 22 July 22 at 19:56
    Xbox's Ultimate Game Sale is live and will be for the remainder of July, offering discounts on more than 500 Xbox and PC games and DLC. The TA news team has ventured into the vast sea of deals to offer you their top choices.

    Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Ultimate Game Sale: TA Team Picks
  • ArDPalangArDPalang727,232
    Posted on 22 July 22 at 20:02
    Both shadow of Mordor and shadow of war are great games. A batman game where you can actually kill goons. Isn't that awesome?
  • Posted on 22 July 22 at 20:33
    Shadow of Mordor is amazing. The only game here I own and are interested in.
  • aftos84aftos84786,073
    Posted on 22 July 22 at 21:27
    Keep looking at King's bounty 2. But my back log keeps screaming no
  • LancerideLanceride555,198
    Posted on 22 July 22 at 22:00
    I had never heard of Hell Let Loose... It looks cool!
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 22 July 22 at 22:26
    ArDPalang said:
    Both shadow of Mordor and shadow of war are great games. A batman game where you can actually kill goons. Isn't that awesome?
    It seems like it takes more inspiration from various Assassin’s Creed games than Batman to me. The only Batman-esque thing is some combat elements. Alright, fair, it steals from both somewhat.

    Anyway I’m glad they did because when Ubisoft stole some of those ideas back for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey they knocked it out of the park.
  • Posted on 22 July 22 at 23:13
    Yes Luke I know I should pull the trigger on "DMC5SE" pls just let me be in peace.
    “Life is the universe experiencing itself.” - Spirit of Lord Opengate, "Death’s Door"
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285736,299
    Posted on 22 July 22 at 23:34
    I’d honestly rather play the Bear and Breakfast game! Bring it to consoles!
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,500,792
    Posted on 22 July 22 at 23:44
    ArDPalang said:
    Both shadow of Mordor and shadow of war are great games. A batman game where you can actually kill goons. Isn't that awesome?
    They can say what they want, but my Batman dropped a ton of goons from high up right on their noggin. Cold blooded murder!
  • ElyohElyoh1,039,188
    Posted on 23 July 22 at 00:03
    Does Hell Let Loose have a good player base on the Xbox?
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 23 July 22 at 00:10
    The Yakuza games (ESPECIALLY Like a Dragon) are a steal at these prices.
    Visit us on TheVerticalSlice.com!!
  • Iggsy81Iggsy81595,591
    Posted on 23 July 22 at 01:19
    Trying to decide whether diablo 2 resurrected is worth 41 AU or not..
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Montaigne83
  • aftos84aftos84786,073
    Posted on 23 July 22 at 01:21
    Iggsy81 said:
    Trying to decide whether diablo 2 resurrected is worth 41 AU or not..
    Why not just wait a year for the Activision buyout & play on game pass then?
  • Posted on 23 July 22 at 05:02
    Lanceride said:
    I had never heard of Hell Let Loose... It looks cool!
    It is the free play weekend game this weekend as well. I just DLed it & am going to give it a try.
  • Posted on 23 July 22 at 05:49
    Shadow of Mordor has some finickyness relating to unlocking achievements. I had to do some extra work to pop one of the "DLC" achievements (deleting entire save file, deleting profile from xbox and redownloading, power cycling the xbox several times, and playing through the DLC entirely again). Just a heads up!
  • Posted on 23 July 22 at 05:58
    TymanTheLong said:
    ArDPalang said:
    Both shadow of Mordor and shadow of war are great games. A batman game where you can actually kill goons. Isn't that awesome?
    It seems like it takes more inspiration from various Assassin’s Creed games than Batman to me. The only Batman-esque thing is some combat elements. Alright, fair, it steals from both somewhat.

    Anyway I’m glad they did because when Ubisoft stole some of those ideas back for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey they knocked it out of the park.
    The combat system is pretty much a direct lift from the Arkham games, as is the basic stealth (although Wraith powers spice both up a bit). I'd say it mainly took the parkour and towers from Assassin's Creed.

    Combine it with the nemesis system, though, and the result was two absolutely fantastic games. Definitely great sales picks for anyone who somehow hasn't tried them yet!
  • Mick WazowskiMick Wazowski1,233,073
    Posted on 23 July 22 at 09:30
    CitrineWorm138 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    ArDPalang said:
    Both shadow of Mordor and shadow of war are great games. A batman game where you can actually kill goons. Isn't that awesome?
    It seems like it takes more inspiration from various Assassin’s Creed games than Batman to me. The only Batman-esque thing is some combat elements. Alright, fair, it steals from both somewhat.

    Anyway I’m glad they did because when Ubisoft stole some of those ideas back for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey they knocked it out of the park.
    The combat system is pretty much a direct lift from the Arkham games, as is the basic stealth (although Wraith powers spice both up a bit). I'd say it mainly took the parkour and towers from Assassin's Creed.

    Combine it with the nemesis system, though, and the result was two absolutely fantastic games. Definitely great sales picks for anyone who somehow hasn't tried them yet!
    I'm huge fan of Batman Arkham games but Shadow of Mondor wasn't my cup of tea. I bought it also on sale several years ago but stopped playing right when I met the first boss because of that "Nemesis" system everyone else loved. Died several times when I was still learning the controls and suddenly the boss became so strong I could't beat him. Shame for me but just wanted to write it as a warning to everyone else who would't expect a huge increase in difficulty because of a death in this game.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong499,331
    Posted on 23 July 22 at 18:11, Edited on 23 July 22 at 18:13 by TymanTheLong
    Mick Wazowski said:
    CitrineWorm138 said:
    TymanTheLong said:
    ArDPalang said:
    Both shadow of Mordor and shadow of war are great games. A batman game where you can actually kill goons. Isn't that awesome?
    It seems like it takes more inspiration from various Assassin’s Creed games than Batman to me. The only Batman-esque thing is some combat elements. Alright, fair, it steals from both somewhat.

    Anyway I’m glad they did because when Ubisoft stole some of those ideas back for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey they knocked it out of the park.
    The combat system is pretty much a direct lift from the Arkham games, as is the basic stealth (although Wraith powers spice both up a bit). I'd say it mainly took the parkour and towers from Assassin's Creed.

    Combine it with the nemesis system, though, and the result was two absolutely fantastic games. Definitely great sales picks for anyone who somehow hasn't tried them yet!
    I'm huge fan of Batman Arkham games but Shadow of Mondor wasn't my cup of tea. I bought it also on sale several years ago but stopped playing right when I met the first boss because of that "Nemesis" system everyone else loved. Died several times when I was still learning the controls and suddenly the boss became so strong I could't beat him. Shame for me but just wanted to write it as a warning to everyone else who would't expect a huge increase in difficulty because of a death in this game.
    Yeah if the orc gets promoted he gets tougher generally and may even acquire guards. The game is often about being able to exploit a boss’ weakness to kill him (or later take control of him). I think I died to an early boss too but eventually beat him. The game is good at giving you rather organic puzzles.

    On a previous note, I would argue the stealth elements are a whole lot more Assassin’s Creed than Batman. Batman Predator play feels almost entirely different.
  • Guirec730Guirec730399,254
    Posted on 23 July 22 at 18:48, Edited on 23 July 22 at 18:50 by Guirec730
    Every Mordor boss has a weakness. Getting bopped three times in a row by the same captain and then figuring out how to beat him is fun. And without spoiling anything, just because you got a sword in one, doesn't mean he's gone forever...
    State of the badass art.
  • SkinfasstSkinfasst458,860
    Posted on 25 July 22 at 06:36
    Quite an underwhelming selection of picks here. Couldn't you have done two each just to make this article more worth it? Mordor was OK but got extremely repetitive, I wouldn't recommend it personally.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.