Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

August's TrueAchievements Xbox Targets announced

• WebChimp UKWebChimp UK644,583
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 11:23
    The month is almost over, so it's time to announce three new gaming-related Targets for August 2022. Are you up to the challenge? Can you get gold medals in all of them?

Please click here to read the full story: August's TrueAchievements Xbox Targets announced
  • JackBlaiseJackBlaise805,224
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 11:28
    Days again?
  • Posted on 28 July 22 at 11:33
    Days and different games.. Bit of a rough one this month but manageable. I'll have to see what open world games are on the backlog

It feels like these were announced slightly earlier this month though, happy about that
  • DarqStalkerDarqStalker1,284,283
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 11:44
    Is bean dive recovery for 9 achievements in 9 different games? Or can it be 9 achievements in 1 game started before August? If it's 9 different games, I think that's a bit much since the vast majority don't participate in the bean dive.
  • TenrethTenreth646,524
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 11:48
    If it's 9 different games, it's a bad decision.
  • Ryuukishi634Ryuukishi634685,152
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 11:55
    I like the backlog oriented ones. Looking forward to it!
  • Posted on 28 July 22 at 11:56
    I didn't take part in the Bean Dive so I also would like to know if it's 9 different games. This target seems rough
    There's no such thing as too much bacon !
  • paramoreRyanparamoreRyan747,700
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 11:57, Edited on 28 July 22 at 11:59 by paramoreRyan
    DarqStalker said:
    Is bean dive recovery for 9 achievements in 9 different games? Or can it be 9 achievements in 1 game started before August? If it's 9 different games, I think that's a bit much since the vast majority don't participate in the bean dive.
    It's nothing to do with the bean dive other than taking inspiration. You just have to get achievements in any games you've already started, rather than starting a new game in August. You can always start some easy games in the next couple of days if you're worried

And yes, it very clearly says 9 different games. Again, I don't see the issue unless you've got a 100% completion percentage and even so it's been announced before hand so you can easily start games before August starts.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,043,409
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:00
    I think it's 9 different achievements in 9 different games, as in 1 per game. Could be wrong though.

I think 9 achievements in 9 started games might be literally impossible for me smile
  • Hazar KhallHazar Khall1,760,476
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:15, Edited on 28 July 22 at 13:41 by Hazar Khall
    Just started Monster hunter world, (Just looked at it, MonHun isn't open world. Still got a few in the backlog)
    ~been meaning to mop up games I started a bit ago, and getting 1 pop a day won't be hard.
    Another round of gold (hopefully) here we come laugh
    Go big or go home (>*_*)>---gs
  • Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:16
    Isn’t the Bean Dive target screwing over anyone who didn’t sign up for it, or for anyone who already finished it? Or am I missing something?
  • Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:18
    Again, easy!
  • Not JonniNot Jonni1,230,090
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:19
    Nave Sutlef said:
    Isn’t the Bean Dive target screwing over anyone who didn’t sign up for it, or for anyone who already finished it? Or am I missing something?
    Get an achievement in a game you didnt start on August of 2022, basically any game you've not 100% finished will count. Even start some easy games in the next couple days then get an achievement in them in August

Not too fussed on achievement days again though, what about a target like "total achievements in a month"
  • Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:20, Edited on 28 July 22 at 12:22 by Guitar LInc0ln
    Nave Sutlef said:
    Unlock 1 achievement in 9 different games (9 achievements in total). You have do that in whatever game you've already started, any game you have not 100% achievements on.

Game 1 - Unlock an achievement
    Game 2 - Unlock an achievement
    Game 9 - Unlock an achievement
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG195,963
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:24
    Gonna go against the grain here.

I love the '9 different games' target. I jump between games as it is, so dead simple.

Open World will allow me to crack open Lego Dimensions again.

The 20 different days achievement is a given.

Nice!
  • vegansoundvegansound973,472
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:30
    I'm very glad with this new feature on the site, it's always a pleasure.

But two negative points in my opinion:
    1/ I often finish them before we hit the middle of the month, meaning it's too easily/quickly done,
    2/ this feature is still recent, but how many times did we get the achievements/days Target? Is TA staff already out of stock of ideas? cry
  • Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:30, Edited on 28 July 22 at 12:32 by Nave Sutlef
    Oh okay the Bean Dive target name confused me, glad nobody is getting screwed over here. Currently at 29 new games started this month so I definitely won't have a problem with this one haha.

vegansound said:
    I'm very glad with this new feature on the site, it's always a pleasure.

But two negative points in my opinion:
    1/ I often finish them before we hit the middle of the month, meaning it's too easily/quickly done,
    2/ this feature is still recent, but how many times did we get the achievements/days Target? Is TA staff already out of stock of ideas? cry
    It would be nice if they made a post where we could make suggestions for future targets and then they can put it to a vote. Alsothis needs it's own forum!
  • o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,539,819
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:33
    I like the medals, gets me playing stuff I wouldn't normally do. Bit of a shame for any folk on holiday during August as they will struggle to get the days gold medal.
    I shall be going for all 3 again, dipping into the backlog.
    Happy Gaming
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer2,033,691
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:35
    Unfortunately targets is now another TA challenge that is an issue for completionists, I rarely have 9 games started at any one time

I get the concept, but not having a started back log of games is an issue once again. At least in the others I could include Game Collection games

Normally I would just suck it up at start a few games before the 1st, but I’m on track to hit a triple milestone and starting that many new games will mess it up

A shame really, need more completionists on the events team wink
  • TerrataniumTerratanium271,397
    Posted on 28 July 22 at 12:37
    Boring uncreative list but i want to splatter my profile in gold so here we go.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.