Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sick of broken achievements? Here's how to report them

• Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:30
    If you are tired of encountering achievements that don't unlock as intended, don't just suffer in silence — by reporting the issue through your Xbox or PC, you can boost awareness of the issue and hopefully encourage a fix.

Please click here to read the full story: Sick of broken achievements? Here's how to report them
  • vSullyvSully1,238,408
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:33, Edited on 03 August 22 at 17:33 by vSully
    This feels like a nothing more than a placation device. Completely unnecessary. We know what achievements are broken. How about implementing a system with some accountability for developers?
  • ccliffy90ccliffy901,463,971
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:35, Edited on 03 August 22 at 17:35 by ccliffy90
    Microsoft should start fining developers for broken achievements or remove the game from sale until fixed, I know it only achievements but if they don’t work the product you paid for isn’t working correctly, not many things in life you buy and if it doesn’t work correctly it’s just a well tough
  • Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:37
    Pretty sure that feature has been around for a good few years...
  • FiteTalk YTFiteTalk YT144,406
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:38, Edited on 03 August 22 at 17:39 by FiteTalk YT
    I will be using this to report the awful Fight Night Champion multiplayer glitch. Many users who first started with Game Pass have their accounts corrupted and unable to save online stats. I have complained to EA and they said "old game sucks bro" but this gives me hope
    Unable to retrieve fight stats
    "Be water, my friend" -Bruce Lee
  • JudgeJudge659,063
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:39
    This has been around forever. The news would be if Microsoft is going to actually start making devs act on things that break their user agreements and guidelines…otherwise it’s all moot
  • Lord RoAlJoLord RoAlJo173,391
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:41
    ccliffy90 said:
    Microsoft should start fining developers for broken achievements or remove the game from sale until fixed, I know it only achievements but if they don’t work the product you paid for isn’t working correctly, not many things in life you buy and if it doesn’t work correctly it’s just a well tough
    I majorly disagree with this. I hate achievements that don't unlock/glitched and they do need fixing.

That said, fining the devs wouldn't be a "healthy" way around this. If anything, it will further push indie devs away from xbox - which is the last thing we need.

I think xbox should implant a way that allows them to "remove" achievements that don't work/unlock - until they are fixed. If they never get fixed, then it isn't an issue because the achievement won't be there anymore.
  • Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:41
    FiteTalk YT said:
    I will be using this to report the awful Fight Night Champion multiplayer glitch. Many users who first started with Game Pass have their accounts corrupted and unable to save online stats, but able to matchmake and even gain XP for upgrading fighter in online Champion! But never saving stats which leaves several achievements unlockable. I have complained to EA and they said "old game sucks bro" but this gives me hope
    Doesn't change much. Probably Xbox sends the reports through and so its still up to Ea to fix it or not.
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
  • Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:42
    Judge said:
    This has been around forever. The news would be if Microsoft is going to actually start making devs act on things that break their user agreements and guidelines…otherwise it’s all moot
    This ^
  • MasterHouzeMasterHouze681,459
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:42
    I wish there were still devs for MK vs DC but they a long gone. Midway games don't exist anymore
    https://silvestre.work/
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13734,934
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:44
    Unobtainables piss me off more. Nothing more douchey then devs switching their servers off after a short period of time
  • BAE 10BAE 101,066,271
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:45
    This is completely pointless and I’ve had proof of this. When certain games had unobtainable/broken achievements and I report them to MS/Xbox they would just say “We can’t do anything, tell the devs” and I’d report it to the devs which we all know usually dont give an F about it.
  • Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:46
    Hopefully, this comes to Playground Games for a fix to Encore achievement on Forza Horizon 4.
  • a fat turkeya fat turkey821,039
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:46
    Would be nice to be able to finish Battlefield 2 or Mesal of Honor: Airborne, but it's not gonna happen for me. Oh well, life goes on.
  • Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:46
    vSully said:
    This feels like a nothing more than a placation device. Completely unnecessary. We know what achievements are broken. How about implementing a system with some accountability for developers?
    ccliffy90 said:
    Basic that means they also have to fine and hold their own dev teams accountable. Forza Horizon 4, Forza Horizon 5, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Sea of Thieves. All had on some point broken Achievement(s) or other issues that made it impossible to get certain achievements in the past 4 months.
  • Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:47
    Screw you Coalition!
    Love Title Updates, new achievements without spending a dime!
  • KJer25KJer25907,697
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:47
    I just wish achievements were still tied to the console like they were on 360. The achievement app is annoying and unreliable.
    Separation from base 1000 and DLC lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • BigTymer2047BigTymer20471,081,302
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:49
    vSully said:
    How about implementing a system with some accountability for developers?
    How would you recommend doing this?
  • CndnVikingCndnViking253,729
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:51, Edited on 03 August 22 at 17:53 by CndnViking
    vSully said:
    Think about this for a second, from a perspective of anybody BUT an achievement hunter....

1. Most players don't care that much. To most casual players achievements are a fun little side thing, not something they lose any sleep over. Even for some that are keener about them, the odd broken one doesn't really matter. Those who really care are a very small minority.

2. Accountability how? What is XBox going to do? Delist their games? Not pay them for their sales? Yeah right. Not only would they have very few recourses to police it even if they wanted to, most of them would either involve financial losses or risk alienating developers and pushing them elsewhere. None of this is good business.

3. Even if they could figure out a way to do said accountability - why? When you have a player base in the hundreds of millions, and there's maybe a handful of people who really care enough to make any noise about it, this would be a stupidly wasteful use of time and resources.

Developers are the only ones with any reason to give a shit, and for whom policing such things has any upside, and even for them it's a drop in the bucket compared to all the other demands on their time and resources.
  • Lord PunchyLord Punchy482,736
    Posted on 03 August 22 at 17:51
    Here's hoping hell pie fixes it's 7 unobtainable then.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.