Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sea of Thieves gets 13 new achievements with Season Seven

• Posted on 04 August 22 at 10:38
    13 - Lucky for some
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn864,652
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 10:41
    Nice, these look like a nice balanced list. Owning 15 ships might be the tricky one as you unlock additional ships from complete long milestones. Still, looks good and fun, great to see them continue to support achievements :)
  • Burty JrBurty Jr827,573
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 10:46
    Wasn’t a big sea of thieves player but it was fun to occasionally drop in and do some new achievements. Wish they’d found a way to circumvent discontinuing the arena achievements, it’s not fun now knowing the completion is impossible.
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth426,497
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 10:48
    Looks like *Grinding* is back on the menu boys
    -Aaron
  • Ludio NomenLudio Nomen666,374
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 10:57
    It's kind of surprised me that it has taken this long for a game about being a pirate to introduce captaincy.
    In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D. ...
  • Posted on 04 August 22 at 11:12
    Burty Jr said:
    Wasn’t a big sea of thieves player but it was fun to occasionally drop in and do some new achievements. Wish they’d found a way to circumvent discontinuing the arena achievements, it’s not fun now knowing the completion is impossible.
    Yeah, like Season 8 has Arena back for 1 Season. And then few seasons later again (once every x months).
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
  • Posted on 04 August 22 at 11:13
    Oke, showing oof you can own more then 1 ship would have not been bad, but 15? Pfff dive
    I'm not Green, I'm not Blue. I'm Cyan.
  • Aye of ReachAye of Reach497,891
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 11:15
    WOOO! more voyage grinding.... Kill me now.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG197,792
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 11:18
    Well, that 15 ships is going to be a bit of a grind.

At a minimum, it will cost 3.75-million gold.

However, you will also have to progress at least 12 ships to legendary (14, if you want to save cash)

That could be a MASSIVE time sink.
  • VeedrockVeedrock660,535
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 11:34
    Holy crap 15 ships?? That's nice on two fronts, first for letting us own that many ships and second for giving a good long term achievement with this update. It'll take awhile but should come with natural play, unlike asking us to grind the same voyage 100 times.
  • FaalbaardFaalbaard217,111
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 11:54
    Now if they could just boot that server I'll be on the grind!
  • Posted on 04 August 22 at 11:55
    Always love that they add new achievements
  • BobbyBananasBobbyBananas529,346
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 11:57
    "These don't look so bad!"
    Own 15 ships
    "G dangit Joe Neate."
  • BeachemBeachem540,831
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 14:08
    KGI KlikoNL said:
    Burty Jr said:
    Yeah, like Season 8 has Arena back for 1 Season. And then few seasons later again (once every x months).
    Yep. I always wanted to try this game but too late now with the unobtainables. It's a shame that they did that because it does steer some gamers from every trying their game now.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG197,792
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 14:55
    Beachem said:
    KGI KlikoNL said:
    Burty Jr said:
    Yep. I always wanted to try this game but too late now with the unobtainables. It's a shame that they did that because it does steer some gamers from every trying their game now.
    It probably steers under 1,000 people away from playing the game.

Despite what this site seems to believe, 99% of players don't care if there are unobtainable achievements.
  • EdweirddEdweirdd575,241
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 14:56
    I must have missed something in this update but why would you want to have 15 ships? Is that just so you can have each one with a “load out” you like?
  • KameraKamera807,941
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 14:58
    Beachem said:
    Yep. I always wanted to try this game but too late now with the unobtainables.
    That's a shame. Now is literally the best time to start Sea of Thieves.
  • OniDestinyOniDestiny1,022,159
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 15:08
    I wonder how it work in coop.
    Does only get the captain the ship ep or get all crew members get them?
    If not, everyone has to do it alone?
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz818,233
    Posted on 04 August 22 at 16:06
    Looks like it'll be a few sessions before I can buy even the sloop. Serves me right, I knew this season was coming and still spent all my money on a nightshine parrot ship set that I don't really like in the end. laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.