Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Cloud Gaming heading to new handheld console

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 13:26
    Xbox Cloud Gaming will join the likes of Nvidia GeForce Now on the upcoming handheld console to be created between Tencent and Logitech G; a device designed for hosting multiple cloud gaming services.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox Cloud Gaming heading to new handheld console
  • TrombonafideTrombonafide1,304,501
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 13:36
    Yes please!
  • Har MiggidoHar Miggido1,626,605
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 13:44
    Inevitable but I didn't expect any news soon.
  • darkwing1232darkwing12321,267,042
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 13:49
    Sounds great. Would definitely use it places like the bedroom or at a hotel when traveling. Hopefully it'll be in the 1-200 dollar range since its cloud only and have a decent screen.
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13787,663
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 13:53
    Just buy the latest galaxy tab and use an xbox control pad. Screen is massive and great quality
  • LancerideLanceride555,198
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 14:06
    I don't trust Tencent to help develop a particularly good product. I also expect this product to be niche unless it is very cheap. Plus, you can already use Xbox Cloud Gaming on the Steam Deck.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz860,136
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 14:21
    Interesting, looking forward to more news on this. I'd cloud game more but the Razer Kishi doesn't fit my phone all that well and playing eats through battery I need for work or leisure. A separate device would be nice. I was slowly saving up for a Steam Deck, if this ends up being good at a decent price I might divert the money there.
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 14:22
    At first I thought that it's a great ideab but thinking about it a little more I realised that I have enough devices that can utilise Cloud Gaming. My issue with Cloud Gaming isn't about having a device to play it on, but that with some games I still find it a bit laggy, especially games like Forza 5 where you need instant response with controllers. I guess I'll wait and see what the reviews of it are like before I decide if it's worth getting.
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 14:24
    I still dream of a Portable Xbox system..
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,101,705
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 14:27
    Been sleeping on cloud gaming. Gonna have to stop snoozing. If I can play Xbox games on a Steam Deck, I'm gonna pick one up for Christmas.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • GaxelGaxel236,853
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 14:38
    Tencent? I'll pass...
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 14:52
    Pre-ordered a Steam Deck a year ago and still don't have one. Hope to finally get one in the next month or so.
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 15:44, Edited on 05 August 22 at 16:37 by Dstranger1092
    Logitech seriously doesn't have the money to simply fund a handheld and would rather take china's money through Tencent to fund the handheld??
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,668,517
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 15:53
    Dstranger1092 said:
    Logitech seriously doesn't have the money to simply fund a handheld and would rather talk china's money through Tencent to fund the handheld??
    Apparently.

A fair critique here.
  • Thief000Thief0001,082,415
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 16:01, Edited on 05 August 22 at 16:03 by Thief000
    Mr Science Cat said:
    I still dream of a Portable Xbox system..
    Yeah, me too. They could have done this already with an Xbox One performance level device using current AMD architectures. Underclocked/undervolted Zen3/RDNA2 would have serious battery life. Any Series game could be streamed to it.

Maybe some day in the future they'll make one at the performance level of the Series S, Zen4/RDNA3 already have a lot of improvements, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 18:58
    I might have to get this at some point just to play games on the go.
  • SprinkyDinkSprinkyDink2,523,306
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 20:56
    If this was a regular handheld I would be hype but I just have no luck with cloud gaming. RARELY(once or twice out of like 15 attempts) it has worked alright with the occasional dip here and there. Other then those couple times it would be unbearably bad and borderline unplayable. I remember taking 5 minutes to jump up 5 platforms in monster sanctuary cuz it was lagging so bad.
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 21:28
    I mean this is nice but I’m fine with just playing on my phone
  • Posted on 06 August 22 at 17:28
    It'll have to go some to better the Steam Deck.
  • Anima PuraAnima Pura536,886
    Posted on 07 August 22 at 07:08
    I really don't like the prospect of MS joining a project with Tencent in it.
    Excuse me while I kiss the sky!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.