Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Best Xbox Cloud Gaming games (August 2022)

• Posted on 05 August 22 at 20:35
    Xbox Cloud Gaming is one of Xbox Game Pass' coolest features, letting you play many of your favourite titles from the service an a wide array of different devices. Here's a selection of games that are a great fit for cloud play.

Please click here to read the full story: Best Xbox Cloud Gaming games (August 2022)
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 21:44
    Monster Train is my preferred roguelike card game on game pass so if you like Slay the Spire give that a shot
  • BORNST3LLARBORNST3LLAR584,376
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 21:48
    Tabs
  • LancerideLanceride504,091
    Posted on 05 August 22 at 23:19, Edited on 05 August 22 at 23:30 by Lanceride
    +1 to Slay the Spire and Buck above is correct about Monster Train being great.

Wanna throw Outer Wilds in, that game is incredible.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 23:26
    Stellaris is a fun one, being able to funnel more hours into it has really helped me progress in it more.
    That being said, it’d probably be awkward on mobile
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 23:47
    Buck Fanana said:
    Monster Train is my preferred roguelike card game on game pass so if you like Slay the Spire give that a shot
    Monster Train is great. I just bought The Last Divinity, but do you have to beat the game to get access to everything from that DLC?
  • Posted on 05 August 22 at 23:54
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    Buck Fanana said:
    Monster Train is great. I just bought The Last Divinity, but do you have to beat the game to get access to everything from that DLC?
    I’ll be honest I have no idea not a completionist
  • Posted on 06 August 22 at 02:00
    Good list, although I think Peggle 2 could be considered.
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,271,447
    Posted on 06 August 22 at 06:01
    Yakuza 7 has a lot of attacks that require timed button presses, but missing them just means you didn't do as much damage as you could have.
  • Posted on 06 August 22 at 06:33
    LustForBlood380 said:
    Good list, although I think Peggle 2 could be considered.
    Peggle can always be considered, good call!

New Paralyzer said:
    Yakuza 7 has a lot of attacks that require timed button presses, but missing them just means you didn't do as much damage as you could have.
    Fair point, but outside of a few tough boss battles, you can easily be overgeared or over-levelled to the point it just becomes a ‘win more’ option. Quite a few are just mashing too so I don’t think it’s too big a deal, especially once you get a feel for what your typical latency feels like. Yes, timings may fluctuate somewhat on a sub-par connection, but I don’t see it being too costly unless you’re missing like all of them.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76693,347
    Posted on 06 August 22 at 08:57
    Free tip of the day: Whenever possible, connect your device via Ethernet cable. Most lag/performance problems are due to poor Wi-Fi. On a good connection you shouldn't notice any difference to regular gaming. (Pro-level twitchy stuff maybe excepted.)
  • kipfizhkipfizh488,037
    Posted on 06 August 22 at 09:02
    On Dragon Quest, a leaked list some time back of when games will leave Game Pass put it at January 2023. It is a great game so it's good to know how much time you have.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,461,218
    Posted on 06 August 22 at 15:46
    "leaving the service would also mean no more cloud play, at least until Microsoft rolls out cloud gaming beyond Game Pass titles (and Fortnite)."

Which is worth noting that if you out right buy a game, even when it leaves GP, there is no more cloud option anymore.
  • Posted on 06 August 22 at 20:18
    Spirochaete said:
    "leaving the service would also mean no more cloud play, at least until Microsoft rolls out cloud gaming beyond Game Pass titles (and Fortnite)."

Which is worth noting that if you out right buy a game, even when it leaves GP, there is no more cloud option anymore.
    I mean, that's kinda obvious already isn't it?
  • TheSpaceJackTheSpaceJack152,171
    Posted on 07 August 22 at 08:13
    Thanks for this article! Now that I've finished Peggle 2, I was looking for another touch controls game. I would never have considered Slay the Spire or Stardew if not for this.
    I'm actually into The Pedestrian right now. Good game for this format too.
  • LordSmorcLordSmorc542,858
    Posted on 07 August 22 at 17:12
    Anyone know if you can use cloud gaming to play separate regional lists for games (e.g. DQXI Japanese version)? Would be cool if so.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.