Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Microsoft announces Unity cloud partnership with Azure

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,168
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 14:06
    Microsoft and Unity have announced a partnership that will allow Made for Unity creators to build and operate experiences using the Azure cloud platform, extending Unity's reach across Windows and Xbox.

Please click here to read the full story: Microsoft announces Unity cloud partnership with Azure
  • Thief000Thief0001,080,283
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 15:10
    More always online crap.
  • Woolyguy24Woolyguy24714,377
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 15:19
    Thief000 said:
    More always online crap.
    WTH is this crap you always online as is.
    Ahawk30
  • TommyTommy397,590
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 15:43
    If only Azure servers were any good for gaming.
    Tommy
  • Thief000Thief0001,080,283
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 15:43
    Woolyguy24 said:
    Thief000 said:
    More always online crap.
    WTH is this crap you always online as is.
    Thank God I'm not. I still have older consoles and self control. Unfortunately, future generations will no longer be allowed that luxury since absolutely everything will require you to be connected all the time.
    I love the tech behind this stuff, but the implications on other fronts should also not be ignored. There is still so much to squeeze out of current machines before having to reach for the cloud assistance.
  • 粉丝游戏粉丝游戏1,082,019
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 15:49, Edited on 08 August 22 at 15:50 by 粉丝游戏
    you may get good result by having a strong optic fiber at 1.50Gb-2Gb/s or more fast with zero pings,
  • IcedoveIcedove388,931
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 16:07
    Is fall guys really (still) unity? I'd expect this was rewritten to unreal engine by epic games.
  • Posted on 08 August 22 at 17:53
    Icedove said:
    Is fall guys really (still) unity? I'd expect this was rewritten to unreal engine by epic games.
    Uhm, what? Why would they do that?
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl212,218
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 18:56
    Shel2theburne said:
    Icedove said:
    Because Unity recently announced a merger with a company that's known for bundling malware with other software: https://www.pcgamer.com/unity-is-merging-with-a-company-who-...

I'm surprised the TA article didn't mention this—anything Unity-related moving forward is a red flag.
    "You know what's funnier than 76? 77" - fabian907
  • Posted on 08 August 22 at 20:24
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Shel2theburne said:
    Icedove said:
    Because Unity recently announced a merger with a company that's known for bundling malware with other software: https://www.pcgamer.com/unity-is-merging-with-a-company-who-...

I'm surprised the TA article didn't mention this—anything Unity-related moving forward is a red flag.
    While I agree, this deal was probably long in the making on well on its way before that announcement. Not that it absolves them of anything though.
  • Posted on 08 August 22 at 21:05
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Shel2theburne said:
    Icedove said:

Lol ok. That still doesn't mean anything.
  • zeldafanjtlzeldafanjtl212,218
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 21:17
    Epsilon Theta said:
    While I agree, this deal was probably long in the making on well on its way before that announcement. Not that it absolves them of anything though.
    Oh yeah, agreed. Just saying it would make sense for TA to mention in this article that Unity is currently embroiled in a huge controversy that may lead to an exodus from the platform.

Shel2theburne said:
    Lol ok. That still doesn't mean anything.
    It does—there's been a pretty big public discussion about what the merger means for studios that use Unity and many studios have talked about weighing the costs of whether they should migrate to a different engine.
    "You know what's funnier than 76? 77" - fabian907
  • Boneless117Boneless117344,947
    Posted on 08 August 22 at 22:36, Edited on 08 August 22 at 22:39 by Boneless117
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Shel2theburne said:
    Icedove said:

While I understand your views on this matter, but this was really blown out of proportion.
    IronSource did develop a windows installer, it was other parties that exploited this and pushed malware / unwanted software thought this product. This product was then discontinued in 2020 and going to their website shows this: https://www.installcore.com/
    This discontinued product was done prior to the Unity merger with the company.

So, yes. Installcore was used for malware installations, but saying that IronSource bundled malware with other software is incorrect.
    It's like blaming a P2P software company for the malware you got on your computer from the torrent file you downloaded.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 August 22 at 06:35
    Hahah so many ignorant humans spouting garbage about installcore.

Thanks for not reporting on factually incorrect information TA.

Cloud gaming works brilliantly for me
    Justin Beiber IRL
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 August 22 at 11:00
    JustinBeiber said:
    Hahah so many ignorant humans spouting garbage about installcore.

Thanks for not reporting on factually incorrect information TA.

Cloud gaming works brilliantly for me
    User name checks out.
    https://systemmastersgames.wordpress.com/
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 14:10
    Boneless117 said:
    zeldafanjtl said:
    Shel2theburne said:
    Icedove said:

While I understand your views on this matter, but this was really blown out of proportion.
    IronSource did develop a windows installer, it was other parties that exploited this and pushed malware / unwanted software thought this product. This product was then discontinued in 2020 and going to their website shows this: https://www.installcore.com/
    This discontinued product was done prior to the Unity merger with the company.

So, yes. Installcore was used for malware installations, but saying that IronSource bundled malware with other software is incorrect.
    It's like blaming a P2P software company for the malware you got on your computer from the torrent file you downloaded.
    Thank you for providing facts to the table instead of spouting non-sense.
  • The MCMThe MCM273,443
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 18:13
    Unity being a game engine, it's nice that other developers will be able to use the platform this way and not only Unity as a company, don't really understand the debate in the above comments as the company in itself isn't really the target, "Unity creators" are.
    If you can run xCloud, you'll probably be able to run this too, never had any problem with Azure servers in gaming and much less at work.
    I have no issues in Microsoft Flight Simulator nor Minecraft Realms and from what I understand it runs on Azure, I don't get why people get so upset about online only, the processing gets outsourced, how sweet is that ?
    Portability of a game engine on many different providers is a good thing, it makes game creators able to pick the architecture they need from different platforms, imagine if it was only AWS running it all, no price range, just a monopoly, small time creators might not be able to afford it, certain commercial bias can happen between big tech companies, etc.
    A news welcomed by those with a dev kit for sure smile
  • the enskithe enski364,114
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 22:35, Edited on 10 August 22 at 22:35 by the enski
    Epsilon Theta said:
    Unity recently announced a merger with a company that's known for bundling malware with other software.
    AppLovin's assets are $6 billion, net income is $35 million, passive assets are $2 billion, and they are planning an acquisition for $17 billion? Yep. good luck. It doesn't appear to be successful.
  • Nv DefinesNv Defines640,874
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 15:01
    Tommy said:
    If only Azure servers were any good for gaming.
    Lol what are you blathering about? Clearly you don't work with Azure laugh
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.