The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sale round-up August 9th, 2022

  • FireJunAleFireJunAle393,116
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 13:08
    Hercs X said:
    Impossible to make any purchase or to log with my account on every xbox sites or apps in France. Am I alone to meet this problem ? Thx.
    Yesterday night I couldn't buy from one account.
    This morning it worked fine.

    Italy
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 14:15
    Lots of stuff for me.
  • cooldadtx1cooldadtx1340,463
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 15:30
    Ya Big Goof said:
    Wow the Maneater DLC is finally on sale! Not much of a sale, but I've been waiting for literally anything so this will finally get me to pull the trigger and get the rest of the achievements.
    The DLC is more of the same so if you enjoyed the game then it is worth the money. The story is actually better in my opinion. Unfortunately they added Time Trials and this was just horrible. You can read all the complaints online but basically the gimmicky jumping system to get out of the water is combined with a time limit to produce a frustrating race where you fail, not because of skill but because of the wonky physics for jumping. There is one particular trial IIRC that the only way to beat it for most people is to be either extremely lucky or rely on a controller glitch. Otherwise it is basically impossible given the physics engine. Other than that a good DLC for a surprisingly good game.
  • LeigrezLeigrez318,307
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:30, Edited on 09 August 22 at 17:31 by Leigrez
    Any chance we can start to organize DLC sales based on game and not the dlc name? Also can we be consistent throughout, cause a bunch of the first few are by game title and not dlc name, then it goes back to dlc name then back to game title and then back again... it is a very difficult search and super confusing throughout.
    There are three kinds of people in the world. People who can count and people who can’t.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007217,869
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:52
    I am thinking of getting Bully Scholarship Xbox Edition. The PC version I have has a tendency to crash.
  • bl4ck bloocbl4ck blooc387,743
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 18:07
    I think at this point they should just reduce the price of Azura Wrath DLC. This is ridiculous
  • Guirec730Guirec730379,334
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 18:18
    EazyE2285 said:
    Ya Big Goof said:
    Wow the Maneater DLC is finally on sale! Not much of a sale, but I've been waiting for literally anything so this will finally get me to pull the trigger and get the rest of the achievements.
    This is the only thing out of this entire sale on my wish list that interested me even a bit but still not enough to buy. $5 is my price point or the game will just go unfinished. Not enough there to justify what I can get 5+ games for
    It's worth full price, just get it
    State of the badass art.
  • ninetyXgreenninetyXgreen312,735
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 18:39
    Crysis for twenty euros, nice!
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285657,163
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 18:51
    Guirec730 said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Ya Big Goof said:
    Wow the Maneater DLC is finally on sale! Not much of a sale, but I've been waiting for literally anything so this will finally get me to pull the trigger and get the rest of the achievements.
    This is the only thing out of this entire sale on my wish list that interested me even a bit but still not enough to buy. $5 is my price point or the game will just go unfinished. Not enough there to justify what I can get 5+ games for
    It's worth full price, just get it
    Nah. As the above reply stated, the added time trials are pretty shit and shouldn’t have ever been added to an already wonky game. I paid for the game (a month before it hit game pass unfortunately) hoping for a Jaws on PS2 experience. It’s basically identical and yet somehow a 2006 game on a more limited system does it better. I’m not in the habit of rewarding bad decisions on DLC anymore
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285657,163
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 18:52
    Leigrez said:
    Any chance we can start to organize DLC sales based on game and not the dlc name? Also can we be consistent throughout, cause a bunch of the first few are by game title and not dlc name, then it goes back to dlc name then back to game title and then back again... it is a very difficult search and super confusing throughout.
    EazyE2285 said:
    All somewhat joking aside, I hate how this site pulls the DLC. It gives me a headache to read so when there's that much of it I tend just skip the section altogether. Wish they could have a column for what game it's for and I could just sort by that.

    Edit: Just found out that clicking on product to "sort Z-A" then back again makes the list go full alphabetical. It's a workaround but annoying.
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 18:53
    Is the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle regularly on sale or should I buy it at $19.99? It is the best price? I'm gonna play it after I finish FH5, so I would say in four months.
    Imperfection and impurity still infects this galaxy. My crusade was left incomplete... and now I will complete it.
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 19:18
    Lord Kanaletto said:
    Is the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle regularly on sale or should I buy it at $19.99? It is the best price? I'm gonna play it after I finish FH5, so I would say in four months.
    It seems to go on sale pretty regularly. It was on sale in Feb and again in May. TA's price history is nice, but still has some room for improvement. I like using xbdeals for price history. Here is a link to the FH4 Ultimate bundle.
    https://xbdeals.net/us-store/game/385853/forza-horizon-4-ult...
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 21:18
    Flipy Fliperson said:
    Lord Kanaletto said:
    Is the Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Add-Ons Bundle regularly on sale or should I buy it at $19.99? It is the best price? I'm gonna play it after I finish FH5, so I would say in four months.
    It seems to go on sale pretty regularly. It was on sale in Feb and again in May. TA's price history is nice, but still has some room for improvement. I like using xbdeals for price history. Here is a link to the FH4 Ultimate bundle.
    https://xbdeals.net/us-store/game/385853/forza-horizon-4-ult...
    Many thanks mate, that was a valuable insight. Have a great day.
    Imperfection and impurity still infects this galaxy. My crusade was left incomplete... and now I will complete it.
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 21:34
    Been wanting to try out They are billions. Not a bad grab.

    Be very cautious if you're looking at 7days to die though. (I got it when it was full price years ago) The game is currently still very buggy and pretty much a broken mess(Bases still get completely wiped). PC is miles ahead but they did say they started on an early build for the "New console version" back in april 2022. Not sure if it's going to be exclusive to the Series S/X but they also said they are porting it to the Xbox series consoles when PC is in its final build. Not sure if that means paying full price again for a separate version or if founders will get a free upgrade.
  • Guirec730Guirec730379,334
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 23:29
    cooldadtx1 said:
    Ya Big Goof said:
    Wow the Maneater DLC is finally on sale! Not much of a sale, but I've been waiting for literally anything so this will finally get me to pull the trigger and get the rest of the achievements.
    The DLC is more of the same so if you enjoyed the game then it is worth the money. The story is actually better in my opinion. Unfortunately they added Time Trials and this was just horrible. You can read all the complaints online but basically the gimmicky jumping system to get out of the water is combined with a time limit to produce a frustrating race where you fail, not because of skill but because of the wonky physics for jumping. There is one particular trial IIRC that the only way to beat it for most people is to be either extremely lucky or rely on a controller glitch. Otherwise it is basically impossible given the physics engine. Other than that a good DLC for a surprisingly good game.
    I agree that the time trials are silly, but if you are using speed upgrade mutations they aren't bad. I beat them all on my first try (a couple were VERY close, but these are nothing compared to, say, [prototype]'s time trials).
    State of the badass art.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,043,940
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 00:39
    C'mon OlliOlli, go on sale for $0.99 again!
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa864,703
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 00:52
    I almost want to get SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated, but I know if I buy it, it will eventually be cheaper, even more likely since I won't get around to playing it right away
  • Posted on 11 August 22 at 11:40
    Skyhill for 0.99US is an absolute steal.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm580,037
  • NamcoPlayerNamcoPlayer114,459
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 21:06
    Rocket Riot is on sale.
    NAMCOPLAYER WAS HERE
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.