Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Marvel's Midnight Suns delayed again

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs407,927
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 09:04
    Marvel's Midnight Suns has received another delay, with publisher Take-Two expecting Firaxis' tactical RPG to release sometime before March 2023, to ensure the team can "deliver the best possible experience."

Please click here to read the full story: Marvel's Midnight Suns delayed again
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,934,435
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 09:12
    I’m fine with delays, but now 2023 has too many games. It’s going to cause massive issues when a bunch of games don’t sell. It also makes no sense to keep announcing dates. Wait until you have a better idea… how hard is that??
  • MueKEMueKE1,661,334
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 09:15
    Anxsighety said:
    I’m fine with delays, but now 2023 has too many games. It’s going to cause massive issues when a bunch of games don’t sell. It also makes no sense to keep announcing dates. Wait until you have a better idea… how hard is that??
    It does not make sense for us, but it will make sense for the company. Announcing a date and collecting the money from preorders, delaying afterwards - instead of announcing late and not collecting the preorder money
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 09:21
    MueKE said:
    Anxsighety said:
    It does not make sense for us, but it will make sense for the company. Announcing a date and collecting the money from preorders, delaying afterwards - instead of announcing late and not collecting the preorder money
    Also schedules change; stuff can and will go wrong.
    “Life is the universe experiencing itself.” - Spirit of Lord Opengate, "Death’s Door"
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef126,708
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 09:22
    *sigh* So much for a nice birthday release..

I don’t know why games give dates anymore. Every single game gets delayed multiple times nowadays.
  • shrimper77shrimper77953,884
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 09:44
    This has to be the worst year ever for gaming releases - literally everything getting delayed into next year apart from the franchises like CoD, FiFa that release annual
    Games
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 09:45
    MueKE said:
    Anxsighety said:

How exactly are they collecting the pre-order money if your card isn't charged until around 10 days before the game launches?
  • TorfuSanTorfuSan334,756
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 09:51
    Luckily I didn't pre-order. And will never anymore! Feels like scam these times!
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 10:15
    Noisy neighbour said:
    MueKE said:
    Anxsighety said:

How exactly are they collecting the pre-order money if your card isn't charged until around 10 days before the game launches?
    That's only true when you preorder from Microsoft itself. If you go into a store and preorder, you pay immediately.
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 10:27
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    Noisy neighbour said:
    MueKE said:
    Anxsighety said:

That's only true when you preorder from Microsoft itself. If you go into a store and preorder, you pay immediately.
    Yes, but even then the money isn't going straight to the developer/publisher. The money will be held by whoever you pre ordered with until close to the releases of the product.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,779,526
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 10:30
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    When I used to pre-order at GameStop, they would only charge me when shipping the game *shrugs* Maybe I had to pay a small cover charge, like $5, but that's it.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13787,663
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 10:43
    Would much rather moan about a game being delayed rather than being released full of bugs and unfinished.
    Surely long delays hurt sales as that hype and demand dies off.
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 11:01
    Great! October is going to be busy for me anyway so one less game to worry about :)
    Achievements hunter seeking to get to first million GS by the end of 2022 :)
  • romo7816romo7816781,927
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 11:36
    SuperPed13 said:
    Would much rather moan about a game being delayed rather than being released full of bugs and unfinished.
    And yet I bet it will be still full of bugs and probably some broken achievements like 90% of games that get delayed are at the end. Never understand why delay it when you know it will still be buggy as crap.
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,101,705
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 11:38
    Another one off the list. Holy shit.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • Nave SutlefNave Sutlef126,708
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 11:47
    romo7816 said:
    SuperPed13 said:
    And yet I bet it will be still full of bugs and probably some broken achievements like 90% of games that get delayed are at the end. Never understand why delay it when you know it will still be buggy as crap.
    This. If they could GUARANTEE it releases in perfect shape, I would forgive them. But we all know it won’t, so what’s the point?
  • KJer25KJer25947,314
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 12:27
    shock
    Separation from base 1000 and DLC lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 12:40
    Still lookin forward to this one
    So, it begins...
  • EKaffeinatedEKaffeinated152,040
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 12:56
    I am looking forward to this one as well, but this is why I am leery about pre-ordering anything.
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,668,517
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 14:35
    Shinnizle said:
    SnarkLord1980 said:
    When I used to pre-order at GameStop, they would only charge me when shipping the game *shrugs* Maybe I had to pay a small cover charge, like $5, but that's it.
    Correct.

Gamestop in the US is still $5 down at a physical store.

You can choose to pay more/pay it off in advance.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.