Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Train Sim World 3 gets September Game Pass launch, achievements live

  • Spoof ExSpoof Ex413,148
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 16:56
    Never played one of these but at first glance that list looks like it is quite easy
  • Ohhh DeclanOhhh Declan1,447,233
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 16:59
    Compared to the 431 achievements that Train Sim World 2 had something definitely seems off here laugh
    Declan
  • VOODOO85VOODOO85619,105
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:01
    Yeh this list looks very manageable and especially compared to TSW2
  • darknight507darknight507530,978
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:07
    Likely there will be tons of DLC like in Train Sim World 2020 and Train Sim World 2. Maybe some broken cheevos as well from looking at the history of TSW 2020 and TSW2
  • Ariose999Ariose999649,637
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:09
    I am not bothering anymore with this series. I think it can be quite relaxing on PC but it was quite buggy and annoying on consoles.
  • I Bigode II Bigode I412,144
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:12, Edited on 09 August 22 at 17:14 by I Bigode I
    The people behind this game must be crazy, it's 2022 and they release 1 game per year with almost the same amount of DLC as The Sims 4, without an edition that guarantee every post launch content, and broken achievements... it's just a 1 year lifecycle, how can't they not have planned what's going to be the post launch content and create an ultimate edition?
  • superniceguysuperniceguy417,958
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:13, Edited on 09 August 22 at 17:15 by superniceguy
    Must be base game, and the DLC achievements not yet known

    Hopefully the DLC will carry over from the other two, as they did from 2020 to 2, plus then brought in more DLC too
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,102,263
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:14
    Get ready for 60 DLC packs laugh
    AKA: HingedMonster
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9373,588
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:18
    I like trains...
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:19
    if i'm not mistaken either the first or second game has a total of about 10.000 € for the base game and all dlc
  • PhantomPlanetAPPhantomPlanetAP1,368,975
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:22
    Not interested, and cannot support developers like this. How much totally are the 1st and 2nd game with all DLCs? Its an insulting money grab, possibly the worst Game Pass addition
  • ASUnknown1ASUnknown1397,334
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:28
    Don't fall for this trap as they will add silly amounts of extremely overpriced DLC. The 2nd game requires spending about £900 for all the DLC, and that's just the ones with achievements.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,419,156
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:28
    And thus the four broken achievements in Train Sim 2 will almost certainly remain broken forever

    PhantomPlanetAP said:
    Not interested, and cannot support developers like this. How much totally are the 1st and 2nd game with all DLCs? Its an insulting money grab, possibly the worst Game Pass addition
    It's not a money grab, these games aren't meant for you to buy all the DLC. They're for enthusiasts who want a few very specific trains and routes to buy. People look at it from the wrong point of view, it's actually very reasonable for what it is trying to be.
  • builder dirgebuilder dirge1,511,923
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:28
    Not played the first two but if I play this am I missing out on the backstory?
    Fear is the element that unites all losers - Motto of the Decepticon Dirge.
  • thatNoseyParkerthatNoseyParker1,489,790
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:30
    Conqueror411 said:
    if i'm not mistaken either the first or second game has a total of about 10.000 € for the base game and all dlc
    Only 10 (ten) euros? Bargain!
    (/s I know you guys flip , and .)
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:32
    The logo is terrible. With the increased route lengths, collectible will suck even worse. Will avoid.
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:37
    Ahayzo said:
    And thus the four broken achievements in Train Sim 2 will almost certainly remain broken forever

    PhantomPlanetAP said:
    Not interested, and cannot support developers like this. How much totally are the 1st and 2nd game with all DLCs? Its an insulting money grab, possibly the worst Game Pass addition
    It's not a money grab, these games aren't meant for you to buy all the DLC. They're for enthusiasts who want a few very specific trains and routes to buy. People look at it from the wrong point of view, it's actually very reasonable for what it is trying to be.
    But it has achievements, it's disgusting, why won't they think of the achievement hunters? DLC for boring games should not have achievements. We achievement hunters are the most important people on Xbox.
  • Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:37
    builder dirge said:
    Not played the first two but if I play this am I missing out on the backstory?
    Well there's not that much backstory, this is a simulator smile
    As was the case with TSW2, the routes from the previous games are going to be available for TSW3, and apparently purchases from TSW2 carry over (hope this is true for console versions too). So TSW3 will be a fine place to start.
  • Belindo152Belindo152318,378
    Posted on 09 August 22 at 17:39
    Oh can't wait for this one! I'm glad this has no achievement for driving 10.000 miles like TSW2, what a grind that was!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.