Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Indie oddity Ynglet ditches crazy ARG achievement for Xbox

• Posted on 10 August 22 at 20:31
    We've picked up the Ynglet Xbox achievements for the quirky indie game's launch today, and there's one achievement missing compared to the Steam list... one that purports to require a trip to Denmark.

Please click here to read the full story: Indie oddity Ynglet ditches crazy ARG achievement for Xbox
  • Posted on 10 August 22 at 20:50
    This looks like an easy completion.
  • WyyvernWyyvern636,405
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 20:54, Edited on 10 August 22 at 20:55 by Wyyvern
    Given the unlock percentage on Steam/TSA it looks like it is unlockable via a VPN anyways.
    But yep it's not something MS would allow.
    Here be dragons.
  • KKHNKKHN821,026
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 21:00
    Ynglet has very positive reviews on Steam and 81% on Metacritic. I'm definitely interested in it.
  • ijiekmotorsijiekmotors464,075
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 21:50
    The idea of going somewhere for an achievement reminds me of Game Room games on WP, those speed achievements. Glad I didn't beast mark any of those games.
    RIP WP, thank you for giving me something to do in the hospital during one of the worst years of my life. If only I still had my old GT.
  • The CherishedThe Cherished1,721,836
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 22:42
    ijiekmotors said:
    The idea of going somewhere for an achievement reminds me of Game Room games on WP, those speed achievements. Glad I didn't beast mark any of those games.
    Literally came here to say the same. Nothing like opening Moon Lander or whatever it was and doing 85 on the highway at night just for a damn achievement.
  • gavmanwv3gavmanwv32,040,760
    Posted on 10 August 22 at 23:13
    Now I've seen it all...roll
  • wembleytorwembleytor658,889
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 05:12
    This game is referenced in the achievement list for Welcome to Elk from the same developer. That was a charming little game so I'll probably pick this up.
  • fuzzzycatfuzzzycat261,302
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 05:16
    And here I could easily go to Copenhagen to play it... I'm almost tempted.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,711,537
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 05:24
    Wyyvern said:
    Given the unlock percentage on Steam/TSA it looks like it is unlockable via a VPN anyways.
    Pretty sure the unlock percentage is high on Steam because of the Shift+1 solution, not a VPN 😂
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • BologneseGuyBologneseGuy129,424
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 07:12
    These levels does not look like my neighborhood at all! Have to get this one though so I can have it documented that I have completed my city :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 August 22 at 08:40
    Wyyvern said:
    Or people are using steam achievement manager 😂
  • ASUnknown1ASUnknown1397,417
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 14:31
    I think that achievement is basically a troll that disguises the real solution behind a load of nonsense. It's like one of those trick tests in school with a long list of instructions where the last one is "ignore all previous instructions and put the test down", catching out the people who didn't read everything first.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor573,029
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 16:08
    The big question here is: is Copenhagen worth visiting? They're big on bicycles over there which is nice. Apparently Ynglet developers don't think that's good enough.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.