The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox sales: TA Team Picks (August 11th)

• DeathHuntsUsDeathHuntsUs345,414
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 18:32
    Xbox Sales return this week with a host of titles across Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Windows PC. The TA news team has done their due diligence and scoured the lists for their recommended titles.

Please click here to read the full story: Xbox sales: TA Team Picks (August 11th)
  • KJer25KJer25880,063
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 19:07
    Chernobylite is tempting, but I think I’ll hold a little longer for the 50% discount.
    Separation from base 1000 and DLC lists would be great. I’d love to see them bring back avatar awards, and make some sort of level up process.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong461,918
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 19:52, Edited on 11 August 22 at 19:58 by TymanTheLong
    I don’t know if I’d call Carto “relaxing”. It’s beautiful with a cute story but man those puzzles do get genuinely hard if you’re not super into puzzles. The walkthrough is good but it’s easy to skip a step and then you are on your own😂

Still a good pick, just worth noting that by the end the puzzles ramp up in difficulty.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,111,444
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 20:46
    One game I picked up that I was pleasantly surprised with was Candle: The Power of the Flame. Controls are a bit clunky, but I found the story well written for an indie game, and I loved the art style. Considering it was a small team that did it I was impressed. Always thought it was a Candleman knockoff but I enjoyed my time with it.
  • Posted on 11 August 22 at 22:36
    I so glad Xbox isn’t getting spammed with shovelware like PlayStation is
    Justin Beiber IRL
  • Guirec730Guirec730379,334
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 23:39
    Carrion, Crysis Remastered Trilogy,and Dying Light Definitive for me.

I've never heard of any of these games...
    State of the badass art.
  • BlackEyedMonkeyBlackEyedMonkey1,234,608
    Posted on 11 August 22 at 23:59, Edited on 12 August 22 at 01:16 by BlackEyedMonkey
    JustinBeiber said:
    Not sure if sarcastic or just new....
  • LancerideLanceride501,918
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 04:44, Edited on 12 August 22 at 04:44 by Lanceride
    The Jackbox games are truly fantastic party games, probably the best if you're trying to play with large groups or groups that don't typically play video games.
    Blah blah blah forum signature
  • Quillz717Quillz717561,765
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 05:04
    Surprised there’s no mention of Stubbs the Zombie for $5
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 05:06
    Quillz717 said:
    How is Stubbs if one has never played it? I tried to play Destroy All Humans remake when it came to Gamepass but, even though I’m okay with some old games, I found the gameplay boring and dated (I’d never played it before). I’m worried I might feel the same about Stubbs, I.e. since I have no nostalgia for it it won’t be very fun for me.
  • appare13appare131,248,745
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 06:20
    BlackEyedMonkey said:
    JustinBeiber said:
    Or maybe he's referring to the absurd amount of easy games for cheap trophies like The Jumping Sushi, followed by The Jumping Sushi Turbo a few days later. Literally daily there are new "games" released for 1.49$ or 2.99$, where you can "earn" a platinum trophy in 10 minutes.

Compared to that we're in a good position in regards of shovelware, not withstanding us getting quite few shitty games for easy gamerscore here too.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,802,761
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 08:25
    BlackEyedMonkey said:
    JustinBeiber said:
    Xbox does get some of the shovelware that Sony gets, but not as much.
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 08:26, Edited on 12 August 22 at 08:26 by EarthboundX
    TymanTheLong said:
    Quillz717 said:
    How is Stubbs if one has never played it? I tried to play Destroy All Humans remake when it came to Gamepass but, even though I’m okay with some old games, I found the gameplay boring and dated (I’d never played it before). I’m worried I might feel the same about Stubbs, I.e. since I have no nostalgia for it it won’t be very fun for me.
    I really enjoyed Stubbs back in the day when it came out, couldn't tell you if it holds up I guess though.
  • Posted on 12 August 22 at 14:24
    BlackEyedMonkey said:
    JustinBeiber said:
    If you go on on truetrophies/exophase you will see new trophy sets being released. I’d at 60% of them in a day are just stacks of PlayStation spam games like press x for trophies etc.
    Justin Beiber IRL
  • SpirochaeteSpirochaete2,450,878
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 17:36
    JustinBeiber#202 said:
    BlackEyedMonkey said:
    JustinBeiber said:
    If you go on on truetrophies/exophase you will see new trophy sets being released. I’d at 60% of them in a day are just stacks of PlayStation spam games like press x for trophies etc.
    Calling any game SW means that person is too focused on the negative.

I'd be all over & on easy trophies if I could've committed to being a trophy hunter.

But PS4 was just a phase for me in 2017.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm580,037
  • Posted on 12 August 22 at 23:25, Edited on 12 August 22 at 23:54 by JustinBeiber
    Spirochaete said:
    JustinBeiber#202 said:
    BlackEyedMonkey said:
    JustinBeiber said:

I'd be all over & on easy trophies if I could've committed to being a trophy hunter.

It’s a very big point of contention and has destroyed the PlayStation leaderboards. To stay even a little competitive now you have to spend $10-$15 a day on (multiple stacks ) of 1-2 minute press x games that are either a paper cut out of a car on a screen, a hotdog or some other static picture. Sometimes you have to press x to make a man or object jump and it ends in 2 minutes. They are PURE shovelware. A turd is a turd no matter how you shine it. Only person winning are the developers who can push these games out daily and Sony.

They also try release the same game in stacks of 7 so people are just buying the Multiple versions of the same game and stacking platinums.

Yeah Xbox has some of its own shovelware but PlayStation is at a point where it’s getting these games 2-3 times a day and they’re only on the PlayStation platform because the devs are milking the platinum hunters.

To make it even worse they usually have misleading screenshots and no descriptions or vague descriptions and they will discount the game by 10 cents so it shows up in both new releases and on sale. I was personally tricked into buying one of these games when I first started on PlayStation not long ago.

If you wish for something like this on Xbox you are truly foolish.

Here is a Screenshot of trophy new releases. This isn’t hand picked, it’s on every page.

https://ibb.co/ggt7nvq
    Justin Beiber IRL
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 23:34
    JustinBeiber#202 said:
    Spirochaete said:
    JustinBeiber#202 said:
    BlackEyedMonkey said:
    JustinBeiber said:

It’s a very big point of contention and has destroyed the PlayStation leaderboards. To stay even a little competitive now you have to spend $10-$15 a day on (multiple stacks ) of 1-2 minute press x games that are either a paper cut out of a car on a screen, a hotdog or some other static picture. Sometimes you have to press x to make a man or object jump and it ends in 2 minutes. They are PURE shovelware. A turd is a turd no matter how you shine it. Only person winning are the developers who can push these games out daily and Sony.

They also try release the same game in stacks of 7 so people are just buying the Multiple versions of the same game and stacking platinums.

Yeah Xbox has some of its own shovelware but PlayStation is at a point where it’s getting these games 2-3 times a day and they’re only on the PlayStation platform because the devs are milking the platinum hunters.

Screenshot example:

Wow, I had no idea that was happening on Sony, just terrible. Sure we have our Xiltons and such on Xbox, but those in general are at least still games.
    Posted on 12 August 22 at 23:41
    EarthboundX said:
    JustinBeiber#202 said:
    Spirochaete said:
    JustinBeiber#202 said:
    BlackEyedMonkey said:
    JustinBeiber said:

Screenshot example:

Wow, I had no idea that was happening on Sony, just terrible. Sure we have our Xiltons and such on Xbox, but those in general are at least still games.
    Yeah that’s pretty cynical and awful even for a faceless corp. I guess I’m glad MS is focused on more worthwhile pursuits at the moment. They’re hardly angels but in comparison to that…
  • BlackEyedMonkeyBlackEyedMonkey1,234,608
    Posted yesterday at 02:02
    JustinBeiber#202 said:
    Spirochaete said:
    JustinBeiber#202 said:
    BlackEyedMonkey said:
    JustinBeiber said:

To make it even worse they usually have misleading screenshots and no descriptions or vague descriptions and they will discount the game by 10 cents so it shows up in both new releases and on sale. I was personally tricked into buying one of these games when I first started on PlayStation not long ago.

Here is a Screenshot of trophy new releases. This isn’t hand picked, it’s on every page.

Honestly didn't reallize that. Hopefully MS doesn't follow that trend. Gamerscore died down a bit in the last few years but that would kill it.

Good call out.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.