Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sea of Thieves' next adventure starts this week

• Posted on 15 August 22 at 16:10
    The next Sea of Thieves adventure, 'A Hunter's Cry', kicks off later this week and asks us to "take the fight to the Dark Brethren and help the Hunter."

Please click here to read the full story: Sea of Thieves' next adventure starts this week
  • VeedrockVeedrock712,104
    Posted on 15 August 22 at 16:47, Edited on 15 August 22 at 16:51 by Veedrock
    Watching that I thought that was the Sea Dog's outpost and was wondering how they got there, then I remembered they can travel back and forth at will. I kinda figured the Ancient's Mask would be our ticket into the Sea of the Damned, but Wanda's remark does have me wondering if she's gonna open the portal for us to lead us into a trap. Maybe we'll be tricked into dealing damage to Flameheart's forces.

My crewmate is worried this will end with us having to kill Merrick to keep his secrets forever safe. I don't think it'll come to that but it's the vibe she's getting.

Gamescom starts a few days after this event, so it's possible this event will tease another major content update which will then get showcased there. I avoid insider spoilers like the plague but a couple of people on the subreddit have mentioned being "very excited" for Season 8. We'll see soon enough.
  • A Dank SlothA Dank Sloth484,229
    Posted on 15 August 22 at 17:31
    “You do realize they will come and try to save him, right?

“Aye!”
    -Aaron
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf614,812
    Posted on 15 August 22 at 19:42
    can anyone recommend a good starting guide on what to do in this game, my son wanted to start it as we thought it was co op, but doesnt appear to be, we did the tutorial island where you dig a treasure, but after that, we have no idea what to do, we sailed for like 5 minutes on the water, never saw anything.
  • British LegendsBritish Legends1,066,787
    Posted on 15 August 22 at 20:17, Edited on 15 August 22 at 20:23 by British Legends
    rocking23nf said:
    can anyone recommend a good starting guide on what to do in this game, my son wanted to start it as we thought it was co op, but doesnt appear to be, we did the tutorial island where you dig a treasure, but after that, we have no idea what to do, we sailed for like 5 minutes on the water, never saw anything.
    You can play coop (not splitscreen). You need to choose adventure from the main menu and select a sloop (2 man ship), then invite your son's account. Once you load in you'll spawn at one of the many outposts. I'd suggest you start by playing the "Tall Tales". They are essentially narrative driven adventures - the closest thing Sea of Thieves has to a story. Look for a book inside the tavern, next to a man known as the Mysterious Stranger to start the first Tall Tale.

As for a guide, https://rarethief.com/ has got you covered for pretty much all the game has to offer.
    Posted on 15 August 22 at 22:32
    British Legends said:
    rocking23nf said:
    You can play coop (not splitscreen). You need to choose adventure from the main menu and select a sloop (2 man ship), then invite your son's account. Once you load in you'll spawn at one of the many outposts. I'd suggest you start by playing the "Tall Tales". They are essentially narrative driven adventures - the closest thing Sea of Thieves has to a story. Look for a book inside the tavern, next to a man known as the Mysterious Stranger to start the first Tall Tale.

As for a guide, https://rarethief.com/ has got you covered for pretty much all the game has to offer.
    thanks, so for co op, we only have the 1 xbox, is that not possible?
  • FoogaFooga2,324,793
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 00:06
    rocking23nf said:
    British Legends said:
    rocking23nf said:

Nope. You’d need 2 consoles to play together, or have someone play on PC as it’s crossplay.
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 03:04
    Fooga said:
    rocking23nf said:
    British Legends said:
    rocking23nf said:

Nope. You’d need 2 consoles to play together, or have someone play on PC as it’s crossplay.
    would i need 2 xbox live memberships? i have a high end gaming laptop so i could play on both. but its all tied to my gamertag
  • FoogaFooga2,324,793
    Posted on 16 August 22 at 03:40, Edited on 16 August 22 at 03:43 by Fooga
    rocking23nf said:
    Fooga said:
    rocking23nf said:
    British Legends said:
    rocking23nf said:

would i need 2 xbox live memberships? i have a high end gaming laptop so i could play on both. but its all tied to my gamertag
    Not if your main account is set to home on the xbox your son would play on. Then you'd both get gold benefits and you could play on your laptop.
  • Posted on 17 August 22 at 01:41
    rocking23nf said:
    British Legends said:
    rocking23nf said:

On a related note if you are specifically trying to find local "couch" co-op games I like the website co-optimus. You can use it to research games in advance. Just search by the console and couch co-op to find games that can be played together on one console via split screen or screen sharing etc. I don't always trust how the games are listed in the game storefronts so it is a good way to doublecheck.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.